ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by cj"
cj

Posted Dec 03, 2020 in: Toodledo still alive?
Score: 0
  • cj
  • Posted: Dec 03, 2020
  • Score: 0
Posted by The Dave:
Mine renewed on/around Oct 9th and did bill my card.

You got renewed in October?
Interesting ... particularly if you can no longer access the IOS version.
I wonder how many others were renewed recently ...
because this would be an indicator that Toodledo will at least keep paying for the server.

BTW -
for anyone interested.
I was a very enthusiastic user for 10 years (I think that long)...
And was willing to wait out the recent chaos.
But after Anat went silent and the ios version ended, I had no choice but to start looking for other options.
I too evaluated other platforms.
Amazingly I settled in on the latest Google tasks. It's simple, straight forward and works on all platforms, and integrates with the calendar.
AND
I use something called tasksboard - which helps manage google tasks into a nice Kanban board.
it's not ideal, but free, and the kanban view of my tasks is very useful.
FYI
cj

Posted Dec 02, 2020 in: Toodledo still alive?
  • cj
  • Posted: Dec 02, 2020
Posted by Larry3:
cj wrote:
- They have not been accepting paid subscriptions for a while (from what I understand) - and my premium subscription was automatically downgraded to the free, on the subscription renewal date (a smart move - not to take money).

Just for clarification, did they downgrade without warning or offer to renew? Or that you hadn't renewed on expiration and then the downgraded?

Sort of without warning.
I had it set for auto-renew for the standard or plus membership(I forget - they changed the names) , every April. But this year, it did not auto renew - instead I was downgraded automatically to the free tier.
cj

Posted Dec 02, 2020 in: Toodledo still alive?
  • cj
  • Posted: Dec 02, 2020
Posted by Duo:
Posted by CharleneTX:
When did they stop accepting money? My autorenewal happened in August and wasn't downgraded.

It could just be another broken piece of the system that is stopping them from taking money and not any deliberate action on their part.

Doubtful ...
My account was deliberately (and automatically) downgraded from one of the premium levels to the free account.
cj

Posted Nov 30, 2020 in: Toodledo still alive?
  • cj
  • Posted: Nov 30, 2020
Posted by mlb32704:
Do we really and truly believe that Toodledo is going to be sunset anytime soon, or is everyone just venting because Anant and Co. just don't respond to any support requests and the like anymore? I for one actually like the basics of Toodledo and don't want to switch to an alternative, but I'm staying tuned and keeping my options available. What's the closest/best and preferably free alternative, TickTick? Remember the Milk? Others?

Yes.
While I am a huge fan of Toodledo - the writing is definitely "on the wall"
- They have not been accepting paid subscriptions for a while (from what I understand) - and my premium subscription was automatically downgraded to the free, on the subscription renewal date (a smart move - not to take money).
- The IOS beta has expired. And there has not been any communications about it for many months. (ie... people running toodledo on ios just lost the product.
- If the toodledo owner(s) have abandoned any updates or support, it is only a matter of time before their server hosting runs out (months, weeks maybe a year) - and all toodledo functionality is lost.

Sorry to say - I was a huge fan and supporter, but now I am in the process of transferring my data and habits to a new platform.
cj

Posted Nov 30, 2020 in: Toodledo still alive?
  • cj
  • Posted: Nov 30, 2020
Posted by Rich:
Slightly off-topic, but I don't understand why so many tech companies are warning their customers of interrupted services and delays in responding to support requests because of COVID. I would think that tech companies are the least impacted industry. Is there a legitimate reason that I'm not aware of?

It's just an excuse - a perfect excuse - because you can't argue with it.
a. you can't prove the person (or company) has been hit hard with Covid
b. and if you imply that it's just an excuse, you're a cold hearted, cynical, complaining prick.
cj

Posted Jul 30, 2020 in: iOS 3.4.2 Update
  • cj
  • Posted: Jul 30, 2020
the very first thing
Hotlist is "off"
showing future tasks (even though I have "Show" marked as hidden) - so now instead of a 30 item hotlist I have a 300 item hotlist.
cj

Posted Jul 27, 2020 in: iOS 3.4.2 Update
  • cj
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2020
Huge big sigh of relief!

Thanks for working so hard to make it right.
cj

Posted Jul 13, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
  • cj
  • Posted: Jul 13, 2020
Thanks for the condolences on trying to support toodledo : )

Sucks even more, since I have a 6 hour trip by car - where I wanted to tick off my todo list of writing items, while working disconnected on my ipad in the car. But no app - no list.
cj

Posted Jul 13, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
  • cj
  • Posted: Jul 13, 2020
iOS 3.4.1 Update

OMG ... you just made it 100x worse ...
(at least I was running the flawed version - prior to your announcement)

1. I followed your directions ... made sure toodledo was synched
2. I deleted the app. redownloaded from app store
3. booted up toodledo (so far so good) ... logged in, and made sure the basic settings were there
4. clicked synch
waiting ....

5 App crashes
tried to re-start
all I get is the toodledo splash screen

And .... since I am about to leave for a week vacation. I'm screwed.

Holy mother of G*d this is so bad - the level of incompetence is criminal.

I was probably the "last man standing" toodledo stalwart fan... and defender.

###
Not anymore.

What a massive f*up. I am now speechless. Nothing more to say.

This message was edited Jul 13, 2020.
cj

Posted Jul 06, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
  • cj
  • Posted: Jul 06, 2020
For the love of G*d please restore the older IOS version!

I am a bug fan of toodledo and very understanding of the internal plight over the past few years, and have always supported whatever efforts are going on to maintain and improve -
but this is so bad - it's embarassing
(almost as bad as reverting me to the free version even though I was willing to pay!)

anyway
right now I was on my ipad. I have a link in the notes section of a todo item. I cannot even see it, let alone click on it!
(in fact I can't click on any notes in order to edit !)

roll it back !! roll it back!!

This is so bad, after what 10 years - I am ready to ditch toodledo for anything!
cj

Posted Jul 06, 2020 in: Can't stand the new update
  • cj
Posted by dsross:
An update shows in the app store for my iPhone. But when I try to do so, i get a message that the developer has removed it from the app store. What gives?

consider yourself lucky. I got an automatic update and it is a disaster. Un-unusable.
Locks up pretty much ever time (I need to unload and reload)
doesn't save settings/configurations.
doesn't show the same hotlist items (as is on the web)
I am patient ... but man, this is bad. (and I cannot go back to the old version).
cj

Posted Jul 06, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
  • cj
Posted by dleit:
What a disaster of an iOS release! I'm having all the issues mentioned above.

Anant's explanation that one must do a forced sync after an update is crazy, since he is acting like this is a reminder of the standard procedure, when, in fact, it has never before been necessary with any update, and the means to do it is buried. And if you hit the wrong button, you force sync device to server, and presumably permanently wipe out all your data.

Moreover, I did the procedure, and the app still doesn't work. There are indicators showing that my tasks are there, but the lists are empty under any folder or date view, and only show up in context views.

I agree - it's a disaster. Make it stop! Make it stop!
Wow.
cj

Posted Mar 14, 2019 in: Page reload when task completed
Score: 1
  • cj
  • Posted: Mar 14, 2019
  • Score: 1
I agree too! a bad development. An annoyance.
cj

Posted Jan 15, 2019 in: iOS Split Screen
  • cj
  • Posted: Jan 15, 2019
Not sure if this is a feature request or just a how-to question.

I’d love to have Toodledo open in my iPad in split screen mode - where it is docked on one side and I can see a list of tasks while working in some other app.
Most other apps on my iPad allow for split screen mode but when I try to drag/open toodledo it forces itself to take over the screen.

Any I doing something wrong or is this just not (yet) implemented?
cj

• cj
  • Posted: Dec 24, 2018
This question (and the answer) implies an interesting new feature request:
Under "clone" might be

Clone From ....

where a popup of, say, 5 pre-set task-names to choose. and toodledo clones from the one you click.
cj

Posted Dec 06, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: November 2018
Score: 1
  • cj
  • Posted: Dec 06, 2018
  • Score: 1
>So we’ve added a setting to automatically roll over overdue tasks to today. You can enable or disable this via a pop-under or in settings under “Overdue tasks”.

Don't see this settings option.
All I see is "Overdue Tasks Alert"
which doesn't seem like an option for rolling over tasks ...

can you be more specific about where to enable this new option?
cj

Posted Oct 04, 2018 in: Toodledo Feature Requests Update
  • cj
  • Posted: Oct 04, 2018
Posted by Adrien Beau:
There's a link at the bottom of the page: "Powered by Canny", which links to canny.io.

Thanks! (I totally missed that).
cj

Posted Oct 04, 2018 in: Toodledo Feature Requests Update
  • cj
  • Posted: Oct 04, 2018
I was just curious... this "Features Requests" page ... was it built (coded) brand-new, or was it built using some known codebase or service?
cj

Posted Jun 29, 2018 in: Mobile Link - > Browser (ios)
  • cj
  • Posted: Jun 29, 2018
On my ipad version of Toodledo, when I click a link (within task notes)- toodledo opens the link in Safari - whereas most of my other apps, I have been able to dictate that my Chrome browser is the default. How may I change the default browser used by the ipad version of toodledo?

It seems to work OK on my android (links open in Chrome, as opposed to the samsung galaxy system browser)
Thanks
cj

Posted Jun 29, 2018 in: New Feature Request - Alarm - Unfilters
  • cj
  • Posted: Jun 29, 2018
Here's (I think) a useful feature - requested ****

When a Task has an ALARM (and the Alarm time is reached) - that the task automatically appears in any Toodledo view (ie Hotlist) - EVEN if the task otherwise would be filtered out. (it it is a repeating task, of course it would re-filter when 'completed' for the day)

or perhaps this "reveal alarmed tasks" is a global option.

**** I know, I know ... "Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list. "
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next