ForumsNewsToodledo's iPhone app has been updated.

Toodledo's iPhone app has been updated.
Oleg

Posted: Jul 05, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Good Day!

I have the big problem after last update.
My Toodledo APP showing this message:

OK

After pushing OK this message appear again and again.
If i'am using ITunes on my desktop - this is not helps.
I can't use Itunes on my IPhone because it's officially not working at Russia on iPhone (only on desktop you can use app store).

Please FIX this BUG!
Anders

I really don't know if this will help or not, but you may still be able to login to iTunes from your iPhone settings. In the main iPhone settings, go to "Store". There you may be able to sign in even if the Appstore does not work for you.
Oleg

Not working. Already checked.
Oleg

Also, can't choose iPhone on reminders page. Already, tryed to install and deinstall application 4 times.
Anders

I really don't know what is going on, but I had an issue one time when I could not download an app, and got a similar message. My solution was to connect my iPod to iTunes and log in there. If you have not tried already I would try connecting your phone to your computer and setting up Toodledo notifications while connected. iF that does not work, I am afraid I am out of ideas. I'm sure Toodledo will respond here, or you could open a support ticket.
Oleg

Already done. Not working. Got the same message again and again and again.
dr.aarong

Anders, tested notifications (set an hour ahead of 15 min from now and synchronized right after set the due date and time) and didn't get anything (it's hours later) :(

Notifications (all 3 types) are enabled on the iphone side; I said "yes" when asked about notifications for ToodleDo; ToodleDo Reminders/Alarms set to iPhone.

Any recommendations?

This message was edited Jul 05, 2009.
Anders

dr.aarong, make sure your time zone settings match in your Toodledo Account Settings and your iPhone. Note that if you do not have a network connection, or Wifi for an iPod, you will not recieve notifications since they are pushed directly from the server. Also, maybe check that Due Date/Time are both enabled in Fields/Functions Used which is also in Account Settings, and are also enabled in the iPhone app settings.
Anders

Also, make sure you set a Reminder for the task in addition to Due Date and Time.
dr.aarong

Yay! Got my first notification! (Although Apple doesn't let you change the sound and it's very quiet >:( )

Some recommendations:
1) Time zone on ToodleDo: certainly something people need to be warned about first thing when they install the iPhone app! Perhaps tell them what the server's time says on first launch to verify...

2) Wow, I didn't even see "Alarm"! Too bad there are multiple steps to setting an alarm. Consider...
- adding "set alarm" widget on the Due Time screen
- if someone sets alarm and there is no time, Due Time is set to some specifiable default time (really, a widget to set the Due Time should pop up on the Alarm screen if one activates the alarm and no Due Time is specified!)
- a setting whereby the user can specify that an alarm should automatically be set if a Due Time is specified

All of the above would add a lot of functionality.

Great job on this app--I've been using a bunch and think I'm sticking with yours. Buying on my wife's iphone today, too, and you'll probably wind up with two subscribers as well!

I have other recommendations if you are interested and you can tell me where to post them!
dr.aarong

Anders,

Does the iPhone UI support this?: The "Alarm" line in the item properties could have, in addition to the current arrow, an "On/Off" slider to the left of the arrow.

Then, one could immediately see whether an alarm was set, and, if desired, set the alarm with one tap. The arrow would be used only if additional settings were desired.

How great would that be? :)
Anders

All good suggestions. I am sure Toodledo will take them under advisement. The reminder field makes more sense as a Pro subscriber because it is where you select from the various lead time options, but I can understand why it would seem a bit less than intuitive for a basic user without those options.

The two best places for suggestions are the Questions Forum (you can give your post the Idea icon, or even check if a suggestion has already been made, and add your post to the thread), and through a support ticket which has an option for Feature Suggestion: https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php
orlandologs

Thank u very much for this update. Changes was very positive for me :)
Bruno

Posted: Jul 06, 2009
Hi

I had several replys to my issue. So I try to bring it all together here and that might help to clear the issue a bit.

I have a "Due Time" Problem for Task between 12.00 and 12.55 that I creat on my iPhone. They get changed by 12 hours to 00.00. As some of you pointed I have to take care that I picke the right 12.00 am or pm

>Anders
>Bruno, I just had a thought. Make sure you are setting tasks >due during the noon hour for PM, as in 12:30pm. It may be >obvious, but I am not sure. For someone used to 24 hour time, >it may be confusing that 12 noon is PM, and 12 midnight is AM.

I would like to point out that with if you do time on a 24 hours base there is no confusion about is it am or pm. 12.00 will always be Noon and 00.00 always midnight. Like 14.00 will always be 2pm and not 2am. Its the whole point of doing 24 hour time, or military time as you guys sometimes call it ;-).

So if I want to set a Task at Noon I pick 12.00 on my iphone if I want the Due time to be at two in the afternoon I have to pick 14.00 (there is no option to choose am or pm, nor is there a chance I would accidently set it to 02:00 because that is so obvious the wrong time).

I strongly believe the settings are correct. It all works perfectly if I set up the task on the website and not on the iPhone. Meaning on the website I tipe in 12.30 (no am or pm added, because of the settings Toodledo knows its noon and not midnight) and it all works well, even if I sync to the iPhone. But dare you if you want to do the same thing the other way round, starting the same task on the iPhone.

Thanks for your help guys.
Bruno

This message was edited Jul 06, 2009.
Anders

Bruno, I am not clear on whether you were able to figure out your problem or not.
Also, I agree that an option to use "military" 24-hour time in the app would be a nice addition.

Bruno

Posted by Anders:
Bruno, I am not clear on whether you were able to figure out your problem or not.
Also, I agree that an option to use "military" 24-hour time in the app would be a nice addition.

My Problem is still existing. The iPhone App takes my iPhone time scheme which is 24 hours (military-time). Every Task i creat on the App that has the Due Time between 12.00 and 12.55 (that is Midday) will after one Sync show up as 00.00 or 00.55. The problem is still there, In my eyes its a bug!! My work around is to not set tasks at Midday. Or I can create the task on the website, then it all works out fine and they land on my iPhone with the correct time. The Bug must be somewhere with the Sync from the iPhone to the DB on the Server. I guess the App does not include a 24hours scheme and therefore messes with midday and midnight. In order to fix the thing I guess the App has to be updated.
Anders

I'm not sure I would call it a bug, but the app could be more adaptable to international time formats.

If you set a task on the app to be due at 12:00pm (noon/midday), does it still sync to the website as 00:00, or does it sync correctly as 12:00?
Bruno

Posted by Anders:
I'm not sure I would call it a bug, but the app could be more adaptable to international time formats.

If you set a task on the app to be due at 12:00pm (noon/midday), does it still sync to the website as 00:00, or does it sync correctly as 12:00?

If I set a task to 12.00, then I sync, on the website it will show up as 00:00. The next time I check on the iPhone for the same task it is as well on 00:00. Meaning the task is Due with a difference of twelve hours. I do call this a Bug. :-)
Anders

Yes, but in the app are you setting the Due Time as 12:00 AM, or 12:00 PM? If you are setting it for AM, then that actually is midnight which is why I said I would not exactly call it a bug. If you are setting it for PM, then it is a bug, but I cannot reproduce it even with my Toodledo account time format on 24 hour time. Anyway, I think the point here is that there should be an option for 24-hour time in the app.

Bruno

Posted by Anders:
Yes, but in the app are you setting the Due Time as 12:00 AM, or 12:00 PM? If you are setting it for AM, then that actually is midnight which is why I said I would not exactly call it a bug. If you are setting it for PM, then it is a bug, but I cannot reproduce it even with my Toodledo account time format on 24 hour time. Anyway, I think the point here is that there should be an option for 24-hour time in the app.

:-) as I mentioned before: There is only ONE 12.00 in my iPhone. There is NO option for AM or PM. If I want a task to be Due at midnight I have to set it to 0:00. So the App clearly knows, and there can be no missunderstanding between ME and the APP that we two talk about the same Time. Therefore I call it a Bug :-) If you want to call it a 24-hour feature is missing, do call it that!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.