ForumsNewsToodledo's iPhone app has been updated.

Toodledo's iPhone app has been updated.
Anders

Posted: Jul 06, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Just to be sure you are clear on AM/PM, here is how it works:
00:00 = 12:00AM
01:00 = 1:00AM
02:00 = 2:00AM
03:00 = 3:00AM
04:00 = 4:00AM
05:00 = 5:00AM
06:00 = 6:00AM
07:00 = 7:00AM
08:00 = 8:00AM
09:00 = 9:00AM
10:00 = 10:00AM
11:00 = 11:00AM
12:00 = 12:00PM
13:00 = 1:00PM
14:00 = 2:00PM
15:00 = 3:00PM
16:00 = 4:00PM
17:00 = 5:00PM
18:00 = 6:00PM
19:00 = 7:00PM
20:00 = 8:00PM
21:00 = 9:00PM
22:00 = 10:00PM
23:00 = 11:00PM

Note that the AM/PM switches as 12:00, not at 1:00 which U think might be the part that is confusing you.
Anders

Sorry, I just read your most recent post. So your app does not even show you AM and PM? That is a problem. Perhaps some international models of the iPhone do not even support that part of the UI. In which case a 24 hour option would really be necesarry. Sorry I did not understand that part of your problem.
Bruno

Posted by Anders:
Sorry, I just read your most recent post. So your app does not even show you AM and PM? That is a problem. Perhaps some international models of the iPhone do not even support that part of the UI. In which case a 24 hour option would really be necesarry. Sorry I did not understand that part of your problem.

;-) now you got it.
Anders

OK, so I did just reproduce this bug. It only happens if I switch my iPhone settings to 24 hour time. Then if I enter a Due Time of noon, it syncs to Toodledo as midnight. You could turn 24 hour time off in your iPhone settings, but that may understandably be something you do not want to do. I'm sure Toodledo will get it fixed.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I will look into this bug. Thanks for reporting it.
byokes

There's definately something wrong with syncing after the update. Many of the items I check off come back (repeating and non-repeating) unchecked later for some reason. The problem doesn't seem to happen while I'm at work (no wifi, iPod Touch), but when I check stuff off at home I see the check, then change a date on another item or go to another list, and it comes back. If I close the app and reopen it's still unchecked - it's like Toodledo isn't always registering my actions.

I've reset my device 3 times since the install, so that's not the culprit. I'll report this bug through your reporting system as well, but I think it helps other people to read about what issues are occurring so they're aware of them.
Anders

Have you checked that you time zone settings match in your Toodledo Account Settings and your iPhone settings? I am not aware of any sync bugs except the 24 hour time bug mentioed above. If they are correct, is there any pattern to the sync errors?
PetrV

Posted: Jul 07, 2009
@byokes

Indeed, I had a ticket perhaps related to the issue. The sync at app close does not work, so you have to sync manually before leaving app at the iphone.
pietro.motta

Posted by Oleg:
Good Day!

I have the big problem after last update.
My Toodledo APP showing this message:

OK

After pushing OK this message appear again and again.
If i'am using ITunes on my desktop - this is not helps.
I can't use Itunes on my IPhone because it's officially not working at Russia on iPhone (only on desktop you can use app store).

Please FIX this BUG!

Same issue on my iPhone. I am based in Italy. The application halts after issuing those messages.
Anders

Posted by iCooper:
@byokes

Indeed, I had a ticket perhaps related to the issue. The sync at app close does not work, so you have to sync manually before leaving app at the iphone.

It's not that sync at close does not work. That was actually removed because itg was causing sync errors for people on slow networks. Toodledo is planning to replace it with an active sync after any change.
KatBoy

Please TD - no active syncing. It's already causing problems on my slow network.....
Anders

It would be an optional setting. Also, I'm just wondering what you mean by already causing problems since it is not in there yet. Do you mean sync on startup?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
To get back to the original question, the "Connect to iTunes to Use Push Notifications" error appears to be an issue with the iPhone in general, not Toodledo's iPhone app. If you do a Google search for "Connect to iTunes to Use Push Notifications", you'll see that lots of people are having this problem with any push enabled application. It appears to be a bug that Apple will need to fix.
kevinsmith1211

Posted: Jul 08, 2009
Ever since I updated to 3.0 I have been having 2 issues that I had not previously seen.

1. Occasionally the application freezes.

2. Sometimes while typing in a task I am dumped out of the application.

I have seen others report similar issues in the ITunes Reviews. Is there something I can do to stop this from happening? If not, is there a fix on the way?
Anders

Toodledo has already submitted a minor update to fix the freeze on opening the app for push notification authentication. I am not sure about anything else, nor was I previously aware these issues existed since no one has mentioned anything of the sort here in the forums. Why people think app reviews are a good place for bug reports is beyond me, though to be fair it is possible that they may have skipped the forums and started support tickets with Toodledo.

This message was edited Jul 08, 2009.
kevinsmith1211

Thanks Anders, how do I get the update that fixes the freeze?

I will try and come up with a better definition for the task entry problem - I will go a few days without seeing it at all and then it will happen multiple times in a row
Anders

To get the update, you just have to wait for Apple to approve it, which can be a lengthy process (weeks at times), but hopefully it won't take too long since it is a minor one.
Jrodwin

Hello, I am a Pro Subscriber, and I am very happy with both the web version and the iPhone app -- during my waking hours, I am continously using either one or the other, which has greatly increased my ability to get things done. I have been getting a lot of use this week out of the push alarm/notifification. I was not sure at first whether it would be worth the trouble of setting it up, but I am finding the alarms/notifications very helpful because I don't have to check Toodledo as often to review tasks, I can wait and let my iPhone notify me of an upcoming task, which is a much more efficient use of my time.

Here's my question. There are some tasks where I would really like multiple notifications at different times -- for example, if I have a conf call or a meeting scheduled, it would be nice to get a notification an hour before, a half our before and 15 minutes before. Would it be possible to add multiple time notifications for a single task? Or does the Apple push technology not allow for that?

Thanks for a great product!
Anders

I am not sure about whether or not multiple push notifications would be possible, but I believe the person who started this thread was suggesting that as well: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/2371/0/reminders-and-alerts.html
You could clone a task for which you want multiple reminders, and set the Status of the clone to Reference, or some other setting that will keep it hidden, and then set a different reminder lead time for the two versions.
Jrodwin

Thanks, Anders. Yes, I do think that is what was being suggested in the other thread. Your suggestion of cloning a task for multiple reminders and keeping the clones hidden would accomplish the trick. I'll give it a try on important tasks, but I suspect it would be cumbersome to do that more than occasionally. Multiple reminders for the same task would be a lot easier, so I will leave that on my wish list!

Even if there is an Apple imposesd limit to multiple push notifications with the iPhone, that should not affect multiple notifications by e-mail or text -- I assume that would be an issue of Toodledo programming, not an Apple limitation. Even if the multiple iPhone push notifications are not possible, multiple text or e-mail notifications for a single task would also be nice.

Thanks for your thoughts.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.