ForumsNewsToodledo's iPhone app has been updated.

Toodledo's iPhone app has been updated.
kevinsmith1211

Posted: Jul 16, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
What if you do not use Push Reminders?

I like the use my phone as a standalone application and only occasionally synch it. I'm finding that if I go to an area with poor cellular coverage the app doesn't work well.

Would you consider making it possible to disable the push features?
Rick Kennedy

Posted: Jul 17, 2009
New iPhone update not working at all for me. The app loads, displays a blank screen with the logo at the top for 1-3 seconds, then returns to the home screen. I'm still running OS 2.1 on a first gen iPod Touch. Was this update ONLY for OS 3? If so, it didn't say so very clearly.
Anders

Score: -1 Reference
The current version requires OS 3.0.
Rick Kennedy

Well, please add "ONLY FOR OS 3.0, WILL NOT WORK ON OS 2" to the update page. Otherwise this will bite other people who are being cautions about the 3.0 upgrade. I've updated a couple dozen apps with the standard "OS 3.0 Tested" phrase and Toodledo is the only one that broke. For now I deleted Toodledo and restored the previous version so I'm up and running again.
Anders

Sorry about your trouble. I have not seen the update page because I am running a beta app, but if a warning about the OS requirement is not there, I agree that it should be.
tas7540

I just signed up for an account and went ahead and bought the toodledo app for my ipod touch. I am running OS version 2.2.1. When I launch I get the blank screen/logo for 3 seconds and then a blank screen as described by other posters. Kind of frustrating to pay $4 and then not have it work only to find out that "The current version requires OS 3.0." When I have tried to purchase other apps that only work on 3.0 it prompts "Application Not Compatible This application requires the iPhone 3.0 Software Update". It's too bad that this one didn't give me the same prompt. I wonder if there is any recourse - refund the $4 or is there an update for us not on 3.0?
Anders

I'm not sure why the app does not prompt the not compatible message. Toodledo will have to explain that.

I realize this may not be the answer you are looking for, but I would recommend updating the iPod OS. I also have an iPod and was not happy to hear Apple was charging for the update, but I have found it to be well worth the price for cut&paste, etc.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Apple is not supposed to let people download the app if they don't have iPhone OS 3.0. We are trying to figure out why they aren't doing this. In the meantime, we will post a warning on the iTunes description.
sramquist

I'm an OS 2 user who unknowingly installed the update. How can I reinstall the old version?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you use Time machine or have other backups of your computer, you can get the old version out of your backup and drag it into iTunes. Unfortunately, this is the only way that I know of.
rob.hageman

Posted: Jul 18, 2009
Using Toodledo on an Iphone 3G I discover today that the folders do no appear on the Iphone app. Everything is in "No Folder". This while on the Imac everything looks fine and all folder classification is as it should be. When I add a task on the Iphone it syncs directly and when I make a new folder on the Phone it also appears on the IMac. So Syncing works.

Everything worked fine sofar and I suspect this problem started after the last update.

Anyone any idea to how to get my folders back on the Iphone?

This message was edited Jul 18, 2009.
Anders

Posted: Jul 18, 2009
You could try "Force Toodledo.com->iPhone Sync" under "modify account login" in the app synchronization settings.
nanking3030

Posted: Jul 19, 2009
I too just got burned by clicking on my App Store update button on my 2.2.1 iPod. No warning. App doesn't work. Very frustrating. The Toodledo Admin response above in this thread was half-hearted and lame.
Anders

I completely understand your frustration, but there is really notthing Toodledo can do about this. Apple should not have allowed you to download that update without OS 3.0. Obviously Toodledo would have no desire to have their users get non-functional software. See this post for Toodledo's latest statement on the matter: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/2490/-12865/read.html
Martijn

Just like Spif, I'm not getting the 'Iphone' option on the reminder page (http://www.toodledo.com/connect_remind.php). I already tried all of the above suggestions (sync, reinstall, etc). Please advice!
Anders

Make sure you have followed the steps necesarry to set it up from the iPhone side: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=85
Other than that, the only things I can think of are make sure you are logging on to the website with the same account you have set up in the app, and make sure Notifications are enabled in your general iPhone settings.
Martijn

Needless to say that I carefully followed all the steps as mentioned on http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=85 (3 times!). And as I only have 1 account, there can not be a mix up there, furthermore syncing works fine both ways. To me it looks like a bug (iPhone or Toodledo side).
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 20, 2009
The reason why "iPhone" is not appearing on the reminder setup page on this website is because your iPhone has not yet given Toodledo permission to send it notifications. There are a few reasons why this might be the case.

1) You didn't complete steps 1-4 from the help topic previously mentioned.
2) You have Notifications turned off on your iPhone (either global or for Toodledo specifically)
3) Your iPhone has been jailbroken or unlocked to run on a different carrier.
4) Your cell phone carrier doesn't support Push Notifications.
Claudio

Posted by Anders:
I completely understand your frustration, but there is really nothing Toodledo can do about this. Apple should not have allowed you to download that update without OS 3.0.
"completely understand"???

Actually, there is something that Toodledo can do: Provide the old version and have users follow the procedure for installing a beta version, as outlined here: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/2229/-11162/read.html.
Anders

Toodledo will have to respond to that one, but there would be at least one serious problem with that idea. Apple severely restrics iPhone betas. They allow developers some ridiculously small amount of beta testers (like 50 per year or something). I am pretty sure that Toodledo has already reached their limit, in which case Apple would not allow it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.