ForumsNewsToodledo's iPhone app has been updated.

Toodledo's iPhone app has been updated.
Claudio

Posted: Jul 20, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I didn't know that. Good point!!

Anyway, Toodledo should accept part of the responsibility and not just blame Apple for having allowed the update.

Edited to add: Hmmm, I hadn't noticed that the post that I linked to says this: "We now have the maximum number of beta testers that Apple will allow, so please hold off on submitting your UID to us."

This message was edited Jul 20, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 20, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Unfortunately, Apple has incredibly stringent rules about what developers are allowed to do. The iTunes app store only carries 1 version of an app at a time. It is not possible to have the old app in the store for 2.2.1 users, and the new version for 3.0 users. Apple just doesn't support this.

Also, it isn't possible for us to distribute copies of the old version to people because Apple only allows us to distribute 100 copies outside of the iTunes store and we have already used this up with beta testers.

I know that it sounds like we are playing the blame game here, but the only thing that we could have done was to delay releasing Push Notifications so that we could remain backwards compatible.

To my knowledge, it isn't possible to have an app that uses Push Notifications that is also backwards compatible with 2.2.1. If it is possible, Apple doesn't have any documentation that explains how to do it.
ecedwards

Posted: Jul 22, 2009
I would also like to recommend a date picker that uses a calendar. The recent update has made it much easier, but if I want to set a task for a later date I still have to use the scroll wheel. Is this something that Toodledo is thinking of changing?!?!?!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 23, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
mannr

Posted: Jul 24, 2009
How do I get my Toodledo to update to the latest version?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 25, 2009
The easiest way is to go into the App Store on the iPhone and tap on the "Updates" tab at the bottom of the screen.
Kevin Pinto

Posted: Aug 03, 2009
I second the request for an iPhone landscape keyboard. The landscape keyboard is faster and more accurate to use.
Anders

Score: 1 Reference
Landscape is in the current beta, and it is awesome. What I find very cool is that it is not just for text entry; you can rotate your device to see lists, etc. in landscape as well. Hopefully, it will get into the next update.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Landscape will be in the next update, if Apple ever approves it :)
David

I'm liking the landscape feature that just came out but 2 questions;

1) can you make it so we can lock the auto rotation in horizontal mode

2) It's too slow for me to use on the fly! It takes about 2-3 seconds for the thing to re adjust but it gets really annoying after a while just like as if I was using a windows phone :(. Other than that you're app is almost perfect and I don't even use TODO anymore :)
gui

Posted: Aug 04, 2009
Just downloaded the lates. Update with landscape. You guys rock!!!
David

I take back what I said. The landscape is fast on the 3gs!!! Just not the 3g :)
darenlam

is there a way we can start the toodledo app by default on add new task instead of the current list of tasks? it is much quicker to add tasks on the fly that way
darenlam

even better would be to start the app in add a new task and already in landscape mode!!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestions. Im going to lock this topic now, since we have newer topics related to our more recent iPhone updates.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.