ForumsNewsToodledo's iPhone app has been updated.

Toodledo's iPhone app has been updated.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 08, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion about multiple notifications for the same event.

As for the crashing reported by Kevin Smith above, please create a support ticket and include as much information as you can about what you were doing right before it crashed.

Thanks
Garfield

Posted: Jul 09, 2009
I apologize if this has been requested already, but if I could get a reply as to whether or not it has or is in the process of development I would greatly appreciate it.

I'd like to be able to view Due Times when viewing in Due Date mode for Overdue, Today, and Tomorrow. If I'm already in Due Date->Today field, I know it's due today yet I don't know what time it's due unless I drill into the task. This would be very helpful for me to see what the structure of my day is.

Thanks for the great application and I look forward to hearing from you!

Edit: I'd like to file a bug report as well.
● If you have "Sync on Startup" enabled and try entering a new task while the app is syncing, you will get redraw issues all over the application. Not "terrible", but very obvious. Hope it helps.

This message was edited Jul 09, 2009.
Anders

Just FYI, you can move fields up to the top of the Fields & Defaults list to have them always displayed. The field you sort by, as well as the first field (first 2 fields if you have additional details on in settings), will be visible. So if you want to always see Due Time, you can drag it to the top of that list.
sumuhan

I still can't push notifications to work. I have following the instructions in http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=85.

1. Install or upgrade to version 1.5 of our iPhone App. This requires iPhone OS 3.0 to already be installed. DONE
2. Launch Toodledo on your iPhone. DONE
3. If it isn't already setup, configure synchronization. DONE
4. When it asks about remote notifications, click "Allow". You may need to quit and relaunch Toodledo on the iPhone before it will ask you. If it still doesn't ask you, go into Apple's general "Settings" app and make sure that Notifications are enabled. DONE
5. Go to Toodledo.com and go to the Import/Export/Sync section. Click on "Reminders/Alarms". DONE
6. Confirm that "iPhone" is selected as one of your reminder slots. DONE

Once you complete these steps, any task that has a due-date AND an alarm set will receive an alert. To set an alarm for a task:

* On the website: Click the "remind me" checkbox above the due-date calendar. DONE
* On the iPhone: Edit the "Alarm" field for a task and set a value. Be sure to sync the task back to Toodledo.com, so that the website knows to send you a reminder. DONE

In addition I have made sure the time zones match.

I know I have to set the due time in the future. I tried setting the due time to 1,2,3,4 hours away and even 1 day away. But when the due time is up there is nothing on the phone.

I am tired of waiting for the phone to beep. I was really exciting about the push notifications and I was even thinking about getting the pro account of Toodledo if push works well. But now I am so frustrated. Can anyone tell me what I am missing? Is this a bug with Toodledo app?

This message was edited Jul 09, 2009.
Anders

When you set the Alarm field on the iPhone, or the lead time on the website, make sure you pick 1 hour. That should be your only option as a basic subscriber, but from what some are reporting, it seems that there may be more options there than you can use. Also note that you must have a network connection to get notifications, but that is only really significant if you are using an iPod touch. It seems like you are doing everything right from your post.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
sumuhan, You have done all the right steps. I don't know why it isn't working for you. Apple's Push network is very new, and I have heard that they have been having some issues with reliability. I don't know if that is the problem for you. All of my reminders have come through ok. Have you used any other Push enabled apps on your iPhone with success? It might be your iPhone.
Anders

Also, make sure the time zone settings match on your iPhone and in your Toodledo Account Settings.
Garfield

Is the feature of Default Alarm coming to Toodledo anytime soon? I'd really like that.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 10, 2009
Default alarm is already here on the main website. It will be coming to the iPhone in a future update.
kewusie

Does this version of the iPhone app have support for landscape mode keyboard use? That would really be great!
sumuhan

Posted by Toodledo:
sumuhan, You have done all the right steps. I don't know why it isn't working for you. Apple's Push network is very new, and I have heard that they have been having some issues with reliability. I don't know if that is the problem for you. All of my reminders have come through ok. Have you used any other Push enabled apps on your iPhone with success? It might be your iPhone.

Thanks for the response. Yes I am using google calenders with my iphone calender and that works beautifully. Yesterday night I got an alert from Toodle do for the first time. This was I posted in this forum. So I don't know if this has started working all of a sudden now. I have setup another one for this noon so I will see if that works and post again with the results

This message was edited Jul 10, 2009.
Anders

Just FYI, Google Calendar which syncs with the iPhone calendar uses a completely different sort of push technology. It is not 3rd party app push, and of course the iphone calendar is not a 3rd party app.
Anders

Posted by kewusie:
Does this version of the iPhone app have support for landscape mode keyboard use? That would really be great!

Not the current version, but you should see it pretty soon.
Garfield

Any chance that when in Tag view, we can view tasks by multiple tags and then apply a AND or OR filter to them? For instance:

View tasks by Shopping tag AND Groceries tag
View tasks by E-mail tag OR Phone Call tag

I would really appreciate this - thanks!
Rory

Speaking of tags, it would be nice if you could select from previously made tags when adding a new task. It's really easy now to misspell a tag since you have to type it in.

I think that might have been requested before, but I thought I'd pipe up just in case.
Garfield

Just to followup to Rory, if you're in the Tags view and create a new task in a certain tag then the Tag field will be filled with that previous view. Very helpful and I really like it - now for multiple tags it would be butter.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 11, 2009
Thanks for the suggestions.
Alan

Posted by Garfield:
Any chance that when in Tag view, we can view tasks by multiple tags and then apply a AND or OR filter to them? For instance:

View tasks by Shopping tag AND Groceries tag
View tasks by E-mail tag OR Phone Call tag

I would really appreciate this - thanks!

I had asked about this one a few months back and I agree that it is important. So +1 from me for what that's worth.
tony

My alarm function doesn't work. I have iPhone 3.0 and set up the notifications on the settings. Followed all the instructions on this website. Why is this so difficult when there are thousands of apps doing FAR more complicated things??????
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Tony, have you checked that your timezone is set correctly and that the task that you want a reminder for has the "remind me" checkbox checked?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.