Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Jun 15, 2012 in: The 'thought' context
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 15, 2012
  • Score: 0
[quote] Posted by Salgud:
[quote]Haven't thought about a "Think" tag, but I do have a "Talk" tag. It's for tasks where I need to remind myself that I have to talk with someone about something, [/quote]
I use something similar, but it's commonly called the 'Agenda' context (i use 'Contact' context instead). In a similar fashion to your Talk tag, i use the Contact context where each person that i want to mention something to has their own 'task'. There is a task called Rod, a task called Fiona, etc, and in the notes section of each task i put everything that i want to mention to them.[/quote][/quote]

Yours is the reverse of mine, and which I'll consider if I start having more situations where I have many things to discuss with each person.

This message was edited Jun 15, 2012.
Salgud

Posted Jun 15, 2012 in: The 'thought' context
  • Salgud
Haven't thought about a "Think" tag, but I do have a "Talk" tag. It's for tasks where I need to remind myself that I have to talk with someone about something, usually something I don't want to do in email (requires a delicate approach or is illegal:). It's also in my "Morning Drill" repeating series of tasks the I do, well, every morning. I review who I need to talk to when I see them, as well as check my schedule, my boss's schedule and a few other things.
Salgud

Posted Jun 15, 2012 in: Converting tasks to subtasks
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Score: 1
You can click and drag on the vertical double-headed arrow to the left of the task description and move the task below an existing task to make it a subtask.
Salgud

Posted Jun 13, 2012 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: 4
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 13, 2012
  • Score: 4
The design of any tool is a compromise between form and function, and that includes task managers. And we each have to make individual choices as to which we value more. Sometimes these decisions are tough. I choose TD because even though it goes more toward the function side, it gives me so many features that I want in order to do my job. I know a number of prettier task managers, but none that I know of do all the TD does for me. And I've looked at and tried quite a few.

To "clean up" the "cluttered" interface sounds nice, until I think about where would all that "clutter" have to go? Only two answers I can think of - either I scroll somewhere to see it, or I click somewhere to see it. Another thing I have to do so see all I need to see. I'd rather deal with a somewhat cluttered view than a beautiful one I have to scroll or click to see everything. And even then I can't see it all at once, which means even more scrolling and/or clicking. No thanks.

With TD, I do have the option to show/hide most of the clutter by using the Show/Hide Details button, but I seldom think of it when I'm busy working. But it's there for those who object to the "clutter".

I love beautiful cars, women and software. But in each, I have to make compromises because the most beautiful is seldom the most practical. But to each his own. TD is not for everyone, and there are those who value the esthetic even more than I do, there are products like Things from Cultured Code that are very elegant to look at, but lack many of the features that I use daily in TD. Not to mention the kind of response I get here in these forums, as opposed to virtually none at all over at CC.

If TD gets another facelift and looks prettier and is even easier to use, I'd be all for it. But for now, it suits my needs. I encourage anyone who finds TD ugly or clunky or cluttered to keep looking and hope that they find their ideal task manager. There are so many out there these days, it shouldn't be hard to find. At least for now, I'm hanging with the one that makes my life easier, and when I need an esthetic experience, I just look over the top of my monitor at the huge Amaryillis plant in my office window and the trees and buildings beyond. Then I get back to getting the job done with Toodledo.

This message was edited Jun 13, 2012.
Salgud

Posted Jun 11, 2012 in: Notebook Default View
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 11, 2012
Thanks. Looking forward to the next big thing!
Salgud

Posted Jun 08, 2012 in: Due Date on Parent Task
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2012
Seems kind of silly, don't you think?
Salgud

• Salgud
You can't add to the Statuses, or delete for that matter. But you can take one you don't use otherwise, maybe like "Planning" and make that "Abandoned". Or just use "Cancelled" for "Abandoned". Pick one.
Salgud

Posted Jun 08, 2012 in: Completed task: set time for hinding?
  • Salgud
This depends on how you set your filter.
Salgud

Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 07, 2012
  • Score: -1
This depends on what Format, Grid or Multi-line, you're in, and whether or not you've set "Note icon on the left" in your View settings.

If you're in Multi-line format (selectable from the row of icons just above the column labels, the icon that looks like lines of text, but not in a box), then clicking on the lines-of-text-in-a-box icon labeled "Show Details" or "Hide Details" will toggle the notes display on and off.

If you're in Grid format, then the "Show Details" icon is over to the right, near the garbage pail (unless you've set "Show Note icon to the left" on, which moves it over to the left side of the toolbar). Confused? Join the club, but it gets easier. For most of us, once you figure out how you like these settings, they pretty much stay that way.
Salgud

Posted Jun 06, 2012 in: Please hire a UI Designer
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 06, 2012
Good idea!
Salgud

Posted Jun 05, 2012 in: Please hire a UI Designer
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 05, 2012
Actually, the one you're looking at is the "fixed" GUI. There was a major revamp almost a year ago. If you think it's ugly now, you shoulda seen it before! :) So I very much doubt there's another major revamp coming anytime soon.

If you really want a pretty interface, and you're on a Mac, try "Things". Prettiest face in the biz. Oh, and by the way, CC has been working on a cloud sync feature for Things for 3.5 years! That's not a typo or an exaggeration. 3.5 years and counting (not done yet). And have done virtually nothing else in that time span. And they don't have time to participate in the forums. But they have a very pretty face!
Salgud

Posted Jun 05, 2012 in: Automatically mark a task as complete?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 05, 2012
I have many tasks that show up on my own "Hotlist" on the day they start. I use a filter, "Start Date is before tomorrow" to do this (along with a number of other conditions).
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 04, 2012
Sounds interesting, but neither my Mac at home or my PC at work have the "Phantom View" key! :)
Salgud

• Salgud
If you aren't already using the "Starred" feature to identify certain tasks, this can easily be used to id tasks you want to multi-edit quickly and easily.

Beyond that, is you are using Starred tasks, you can also select those, give them a temporary tag, say "Star", then multi-edit, de-star, then use the stars as above, and, when done, multi-edit the tasks tagged "Star" and re-star them. A bit of a kludge, but it gets the job done quicker if there are enough tasks involved.

This message was edited Jun 04, 2012.
Salgud

Posted Jun 04, 2012 in: Checklists
  • Salgud
This is a controversial subject - some use TD for lists, others feel it's too kludgy. I'm of the latter group. Particularly when a list is long, I find TD not very workable. It also depends on the type of list. For my Weekly review, and for my meeting preparation list, I use TD. That's because it works ok for lists that are nearly the same each time, with only a few items that I delete if they don't apply in a given instance. I don't like TD for my grocery list, because I prefer Splashshopper, or something like it, so I can go through a master list each week and select the items I need this week, then filter for needed items when I go shopping. You could, and I have, make TD do all this, but compared to the ease with which I can do this in Splashshopper, it's just too much work. If you do decide to use TD for grocery shopping or the like, I suggest a separate account, to avoid having to filter all your other views to remove food items from appearing in your daily task list.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 01, 2012
You don't. Anything running on a Retina display device is running the Retina display. Some are not optimized for it yet, so it's not as sharp as a app that is properly optimized.
Salgud

Posted May 30, 2012 in: Drag tasks to another dates
  • Salgud
  • Posted: May 30, 2012
That isn't possible at this time.
Salgud

Posted May 25, 2012 in: GroupWise & The New Mobile Site
  • Salgud
  • Posted: May 25, 2012
I appreciate your posting this. I did give it a try, but, unfortunately, I use Saved Searches almost exclusively, and the new site still doesn't have them. As far as compatibility with GW goes, it doesn't matter to me much anymore, we're going to Gmail late this year (in state parlance, that means sometime next year), so it won't matter anymore. But it would have been nice in the interim.
Salgud

• Salgud
This is the forum for Toodledo, a task manager. I suggest you ask your question in an Apple iPhone support forum.
Salgud

• Salgud
I want this too
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next