ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 27, 2016
  • Score: 0
Click on the Folder icon over to the right, next to the blue circle with the down arrow. This will reveal the folder icon over to the left. Click on that to select a Folder or No Folder.
Salgud

Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 25, 2016
  • Score: 2
This is one I don't understand what has taken so long, other than the addition of Lists, Outlines & Habits. It's almost universally desired by users at all levels, and it appears to be easy to implement, just put a hollow square at the right end of the attribute columns, (opposite the hollow circle to mark complete), and an option in the Batch Edit dialog to "edit selected".
Salgud

Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 25, 2016
  • Score: -1
LOL! This is already a quagmire! So far, we have 3 suggestions as to how this would work, all completely different. And only 3 people heard from. I say we just pillory Jake now, so he doesn't have to spend all that time coming up with a solution that no one likes, and gets pilloried then! :)
Salgud

Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 22, 2016
  • Score: 1
Sounds good. One consideration - I'm assuming this would be an option, but would it be an always-on or an always-off selection, or a case-by-case option? If it's always-on or always-off, then that wouldn't work so well for me as I have some of both in my normal work flow.
Salgud

Score: 3
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 22, 2016
  • Score: 3
Posted by TheGriff:
What an interesting idea! I've been focusing on character strengths as part of a class I'm taking on the way to being an ADHD coach. I think I may try this but with the goals field instead of contexts.

Do you have character strengths for all of your tasks? I'd find it difficult to find a strength to associate with vacuuming or cleaning out the garage

I've found the answer to the vacuuming thing, at least for now. I bought an expensive new vacuum, and I'll feel bad if I don't use it every week. How long this will last...
Salgud

Posted Apr 21, 2016 in: Filters: toggle off and on...
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 21, 2016
This is a great suggestion, especially coming from a "snively" person! :)
(I know, it's already on "the list"!)

This message was edited Apr 21, 2016.
Salgud

Posted Apr 21, 2016 in: All lists are custom lists!
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 21, 2016
On my system, each saved search has it's own search order. Maybe you should look again?
Salgud

Posted Apr 19, 2016 in: Toodledo Task List on Google Calendar
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 19, 2016
I don't think they support Google products here. You'd have to contact Google for that.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 15, 2016
Thanks for the reply, Jake.
Salgud

• Salgud
Hey, I'd get confused if I had a task with a time but no date! :)
Salgud

• Salgud
It seems to me that this is a good place for an improvement. I think many users would like to have TD query when you alter a due date for a repeating task, asking if you want this to change the repeating base date or not. Doesn't seem like a lot of coding here (correct me if I'm wrong) that would yield a significant benefit to virtually all users. And maybe an on/off switch in the Settings for those who don't want this feature.
Salgud

• Salgud
Saved Searches are the real power of TD. Many power users pretty much live on the Saved Searches page. I've even re-created Saved Searches that exist elsewhere in TD so I don't have to leave the Saved Searches page to access them.

After a while, you may have so many Saved Searches that ordering them in the list is necessary to get the ones used most frequently near the top, and those used less frequently toward the bottom. At present, I have 32 Saved Searches (maybe I'm due to cull this list again), some of which I use every day, others, rarely. The ones I use most often, like Hotlist (my own personalized version) and Starred (same as the included one, recreated here for ease of access), have a space in front of the name, which puts them near the top. Others fall in alphabetical order, like my WR (Weekly Review) ones, while the less used ones have an x, z, or zz in front of the name to place them at the bottom out of the way. I imagine others have different systems for organizing them. I'd be interested in seeing other's methods of doing this.
Salgud

• Salgud
Posted by otterbyte:

What about simply flipping the default behavior? Make ctrl+click open in the same tab and click open a new tab. That would line up better with the expected behavior. Would that be easier to code than adding a new option to the settings?

This would create incredible confusion. This would make TD the only app doing it this way, the opposite of every other app I know.
Salgud

Posted Apr 14, 2016 in: All lists are custom lists!
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 14, 2016
2. Use your browser search, Control F
Salgud

Posted Apr 11, 2016 in: List limited to showing 30
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 11, 2016
The first thing I would do is to check my Filters (upper right, dark blue band, eye icon) and see if they're filtering out some of your tasks.
Salgud

Posted Apr 11, 2016 in: Associate a note to a task or project
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 11, 2016
Posted by nmga_2:
Sorry that wasn't the question - Is there a way to associate a note, created in the notes section, with a task or a project? - was the question
Nick Garnett

The only option for Notes is to put them in a folder, which are the same folders you have for your tasks.
Salgud

Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 08, 2016
  • Score: 1
I suspect this feature is a quagmire. If you create the capability for dependencies, how far do you take it? Do you include all four types (SF, FF, FS, SS)? They would probably start with a simple FS (Finish to Start), the most common, but very quickly people would be clamoring for more. Then they'd want lead and lag times...

Will tasks be limited to a single predecessor or successor?

This can easily get complicated. Not saying it can't be done, or that I wouldn't welcome even a simple version, just that from a developer's view, this can get messy.
Salgud

Posted Apr 07, 2016 in: Deleted Tasks that won't go away
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 07, 2016
A classic example of Confucius say, "Man with one watch always knows what time it is. Man with 2 watches never knows." :)
Salgud

Posted Apr 05, 2016 in: Find tasks that have subtasks?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 05, 2016
Posted by Bobkopf:
I would like to create a saved search for all tasks that have subtasks.

These tend to be my more complex project oriented tasks that I find I want to be able to see as a list and be able to deal with all these tasks and subtasks as a special group of tasks vs. more simple and routine tasks.

I can't find a set of search criteria that will accomplish this. Suggestions?

Task | Has Subtasks | Yes
Salgud

Posted Mar 31, 2016 in: Links in Notes
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 31, 2016
Or, is you have a mouse with more than the customary 2 buttons, you can program one of the buttons to open links in a new page.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next