ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Oct 27, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 4)
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 27, 2015
  • Score: 1
Posted by Acustk:
Posted by Salgud:
Posted by Acustk:
Clicking "Tasks" to refresh now collapses all the dividers. Before the product links were consolidated I could click on the "Tasks" link and it would refresh my page but leave open the dividers I was currently working in.

Would you please consider restoring this functionality? Namely, that if you are currently in the Tasks module and click "Tasks", it will refresh but not collapse all the folders.

Thanks.

I'm not seeing that happen, Acustk, so I suspect it's one of your settings, though I can't imagine which one.

Seems to be happening in both Firefox and Chrome although I have not changed any settings. Perhaps others can confirm whether clicking on the new consolidated "Tasks" icon is also collapsing all of their dividers or not.

I'm using Chrome.
Salgud

Posted Oct 27, 2015 in: New Icons
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Score: 0
Maybe you're talking about the Android app? On my computer and my iPhone, the checkboxes are the same size they've always been and the tag icon is still a little tag, at least everywhere I can think to look. I'm trying to figure out where and how these icons could show up differently. Have you refreshed your browser recently?
Salgud

Posted Oct 27, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 4)
  • Salgud
Posted by Acustk:
Clicking "Tasks" to refresh now collapses all the dividers. Before the product links were consolidated I could click on the "Tasks" link and it would refresh my page but leave open the dividers I was currently working in.

Would you please consider restoring this functionality? Namely, that if you are currently in the Tasks module and click "Tasks", it will refresh but not collapse all the folders.

Thanks.

I'm not seeing that happen, Acustk, so I suspect it's one of your settings, though I can't imagine which one.
Salgud

Posted Oct 26, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 4)
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 26, 2015
Well, I guess you did ok, though I would have preferred it if you'd done it just the way I LIKE, using colors that I LIKE and fonts that I LIKE. And you added a couple of clicks to get to other features, which will consume each time an additional 0.0003 seconds of my working day! Could add up to almost a whole second by week's end! :)

Other than that, looks good, nice work!
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 26, 2015
Or you could create an appropriate Saved Search which will always be available.
Salgud

Posted Oct 22, 2015 in: Franklin Covey Set Up Guide
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 22, 2015
I did, for a while, use Priorities to coincide with Covey's 4 levels of Urgency vs. Importance. Maybe that will work better for you than for me.
Salgud

• Salgud
Coolexplorer, I agree, like your quote. Seems like lots of different points of view. For so long, users have been crying out for a new face for TD, and then when they do, others don't like it. Meyer's Briggs SJs in particular do not adapt well to change. Overall, I think it's an improvement, but it helps that I don't the expectation that it must be designed just for me.
Salgud

Posted Oct 22, 2015 in: Repeating tasks and status
  • Salgud
AFAIK, there is no automated way to reset the status of a task. I'm not familiar with IFTTT (?), so I don't know if it can do that, but TD can't.

Next best thing I can think of is a Custom Search that finds these tasks so you can multi-edit them all at once. If you're interested in this workaround, but not yet familiar with Saved Searches, just post in these forums where you'll find lot's of help.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 20, 2015
Posted by FoggyBeach:
Here's something that happened to me because the date-selection system isn't quite standard.

I wanted to put in my next dentist appt for 7/25/2016. I advanced months from October to July, selected the 25th, and moved the cursor away from the dialog.

It showed the task as due in the past.

SUGGESTION 1: Advance the year when you go from Dec to Jan.

I opened the date entry dialog, and switched the year from 2015 to 2016. It didn't "take," because I didn't click on the day in the calendar box.

SUGGESTION 2: If someone changes the year, keep the same day of the month, and change the year.

SUGGESTION 3: Google has a gazillion dollars for development. They have quadrillions of users who have given them feedback on their calendar app. Their date/time entry has been perfected. Just copy their basic date/time entry system. If you try to reinvent the wheel, your wheel won't be as good.

http://i.imgur.com/ehOyJVy.png

I have to disagree with your logic and your conclusion. The company with the most customers and the most money is not necessarily the best at what they do. A lot of factors, such as marketing, come into play. MS won the office applications war, but had a very inferior word processor to WordPerfect. I could go on with endless examples but I'll spare you. :)

I don't know where I saw it years ago, but I do remember what seemed to be the best date picker I'd ever seen in some software I was using at the time. The Google picker is ok, but not great, especially if you want to book a date more than a few months off. You have to click on the forward button many times. In my opinion, I think TD can do better.

For starters, I'd like to see both the Start Date and Due Date pickers in one dialog box, so I don't have to open the Start Date picker, enter the date (however that's done), then close it and open the Due Date picker. If you don't have a Start Date for that task, just ignore that part of the dialog box.
Salgud

Posted Oct 09, 2015 in: Notes Section
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 09, 2015
I would carefully consider not moving all your notes to TD Notes for one major reason. There is no universal Search, much less Search & Replace, in TD. This is the main reason I've stayed with EN for my notes all these years (though I just recently heard that EN is in trouble and I'm considering moving my notes yet again. But wherever I move them, it will have a Search function for sure, which rules out TD) Having a Notes app without a search function is like having a car without a steering wheel! :)
Salgud

Posted Oct 09, 2015 in: Optional Due Date behavior
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 09, 2015
I just use "Due Date | is before | tomorrow".
Salgud

Posted Oct 07, 2015 in: Clone Task and Edit
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 07, 2015
I do pretty much the same thing, but in an entirely different way. I have templates for quite a few different multi-task "projects" that I do repeatedly, like monthly meetings I organize, get the agenda, take minutes, etc. I don't use tags for identifying these templates for the very reason you're encountering. You have to add/delete tags one at a time if the task has more than one tag. (Major limitation of TD's implementation of tags that has been on "the list" for years).

Instead of a tag, I have a Folder called Templates, where all the templates are kept. When I want to create a specific instance from a template, I simply clone the parent task, give it a specific name ("PAG TEMPLATE" becomes "PAG July 15", then multi-edit the relevant fields for the specific instance. My template tasks all have a priority of -1, a status of Planning, and are in the Templates folder. This gives me lots of ways to filter them out of virtually all my other views so they only show up when I'm using them to create a new instance. It takes only a minute or two to create a new instance, no matter how many tasks it has because I can multi-edit them all, which you can't do with tags if the tasks already have other tags you with to preserve.

Hope this helps.
Salgud

Posted Oct 07, 2015 in: Sort Tags
  • Salgud
Under Settings, Tasks, Display Preferences, you'll find the option to sort tags alphabetically.
Salgud

Posted Oct 07, 2015 in: Breadcrumb Bar Update (part 3)
  • Salgud
Posted by Christoph Dollis:
Actually, no. More.

Show task details should be brought under the eye icon, along with close/open dividers.

It seems to me that show/hide task details close/open dividers are not filters, as are the selections under the eye icon, and should be kept separate. They affect the format of the view, but don't filter or show subsets of tasks.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 02, 2015
Posted by 4Boosh:
I've also had trouble combo-ing work and personal systems. I WANT, in theory, to simplify and have a single system that can handle both...but in reality when I'm at work I don't want any crossover and vice a versa...I think that I just haven't fully figured out how to set up views like you have to deal with that issue.

I've struggled with this issue for many years, with other task managers prior to TD and in the first year or so I used TD (about 5 yrs ago). I finally decided to use TD only for work and something else for personal, which has changed a few times, for 2 reasons:

1. I never could keep them totally separate; one was always bleeding over into the other. Particularly things like Folders and Contexts just weren't the same for both, but both appear in the same list.

2. My task management needs at work were far more complex and detailed than in my personal life. At home, all I need is reminders of errands to run, bills to pay, etc., so I now use iOS Reminders, which does that just fine. At work, I need to know who I'm doing this particular thing for (Contexts), the task Status, Priority and so forth. I need a fairly sophisticated state-based prioritization system to keep up, having to meet the needs of my boss and others every day, which can be a delicate balancing act. At home, it's entirely up to me whether I go grocery shopping before or after I mop the floors, no one else cares! :)

So I'm satisfied with 2 separate apps. There's almost no time involved it learning Reminders and it does everything I need at home. OTOH, I've got years invested in TD, which serves my purpose and, mostly, keeps me on track at work. Of course, others may get TD alone to handle both, just a matter of personal preference.

This message was edited Oct 02, 2015.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 01, 2015
John, That's quite a system you have, well thought out. I know it's a good one because, in some ways, it's similar to my own. ;-) Even more detailed and complex than mine, but it looks like you need that kind of detail. I appreciate you're sharing it with us. I'm probably overdue to share mine again and some of the things I've learned about TD over the 5 yrs or so I've been using it. Some great stuff here for newbies to consider. Thanks again.
Salgud

Posted Oct 01, 2015 in: Viewing parent task in searches
Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Score: 2
You need to change your Settings under Modify Subtask Settings, the last option at the bottom of the list is "Indented mode shows all subtasks nested, even if the parent shouldn't be visible". Give that a try.
Salgud

Posted Oct 01, 2015 in: Viewing parent task in searches
  • Salgud
Posted by karl.berry:
I have a saved search, “Due in 7-days or top-priority”. Some of the tasks that appear under this search are subtasks and don’t make sense without the context of the parent task. However, clicking the icon then replaces the subtask with the parent task only and then I have to work from that position.

Some task managers I’ve used before have the facility to view a subtask with the parent task prefixed on the same line, for example: “Plan conference > Organise food”. Is that possible in Toodledo?

With many thanks for any help you can offer.

Have you tried setting tasks to indented in the Show box? Works just fine that way for me. YMMV.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 30, 2015
Unfortunately, to my knowledge, that feature is not currently available in TD.
Salgud

Posted Sep 30, 2015 in: Hotlist view of little use
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 30, 2015
Posted by lguser:
I find the Hotlist view on desktop of little use.

The Android - DGT app has the AND option.

To me I like to see Hotlist as all Tasks due today AND have priority of 3 AND have a star.

As is the Hotlist is of little use because I cannot designate and one task to be in the Hotlist. If the minimum is all tasks with priority of 3 OR due today then there is no reason to use Hotlist. The result is all tasks due today with any priority. Same as the today view. I would at least like to see all tasks with only Starred or only tasks with priority of 3.

I strongly urge you to take a look at Saved Searches. Herein lies the real power of TD, and it is considerable. Some of us pretty much "live" in the Saved Searches, seldom venturing out into the canned views. You can create your own custom Hotlist there to virtually any criteria you like. Certainly you can create the list you mention quite easily.

Checked Off | No
and
Due Date | Is | Today
and
Starred | Yes

Rather than Due Date | Is | Today, I prefer Due Date | Is | Before tomorrow, which will include any overdue tasks in my Hotlist as well.

More info here:

http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php

If you need help, just post here and some of us will be happy to assist you.

Best of luck!

This message was edited Sep 30, 2015.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next