ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Feb 03, 2011 in: Tasks with a termination date
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 03, 2011
  • Score: 0
Not at this time. It is on "the list", I believe.
Salgud

Posted Feb 03, 2011 in: Filtering by both folder and context
  • Salgud
Go to the Search view, select "New Search", and search by as many criteria as you like. If you need more info on the extensive search capabilities of TD, look it up in the Help pages, then do a forum search on "search".

Other than that, there's not much.
Salgud

Posted Feb 03, 2011 in: Predefined list templates?
  • Salgud
There are actually several schemas for doing this. If you search these forums for "template", you find a number of threads with several different ways of addressing this issue, mine included.
Salgud

Posted Feb 03, 2011 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Score: -1
Posted by piyush_soni:
Even though some of the styles users have written for ToodleDo are very good and I use them too, I had never imagined that the 'beauty' of a website is so much more important for so many people than its functionality. :)

I doubt many of us, certainly not myself, feel that the beauty is more important than the functionality. If that were true, I'd still be using Things instead of TD. I imagine others feel the same. The fact that we are using TD proves we don't value beauty over functionality. The fact that we complain about the UI shows that we'd like both!
Salgud

Posted Feb 02, 2011 in: Top of page search
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 02, 2011
Why not just leave your Search box open all the time? Seems to me that having a dedicated Search box there by default would just add more clutter to the top, which is already very cluttered as is.
Salgud

Posted Feb 02, 2011 in: Project or task with sub task
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Score: 1
If you look directly above your task list, you'll see an option to select how/if subtasks are displayed; Flattened, Hidden, or Indented. If you play with them for a few minutes, you'll see how they work.

As for a "section" that displays only parent tasks, I have a Saved Search that does just that, using the criteria "Has Subtasks" set to "Yes".
Salgud

Posted Feb 02, 2011 in: default to Repeat from Completion Date?
  • Salgud
I don't believe there is such an option at this time.
Salgud

Posted Feb 01, 2011 in: Request for extremely lazy people :)
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 01, 2011
+1
Salgud

Posted Jan 31, 2011 in: Tab order in multi-line mode
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 31, 2011
Posted by PeterW:
Sorry, I was not very clear. This is not during 'add task' which works fine. It's during 'edit task'. So for example with an existing task, click the arrow to display all fields, click in the task name field then tab off it. It bypasses the due date field (at least for me).

Weird. Still can't duplicate it. Mine goes from Name to Folder to Context to Start Date to Due Date. Can that be effected by the browser? (IE7 here)
Salgud

Posted Jan 28, 2011 in: Tab order in multi-line mode
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2011
Strange, mine doesn't do that. Tabs from Start Date to Due Date, which is how I always do it.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2011
Posted by Joachim Binder:
Hi,

I use Toodledo for quite some time and i like it very much!

I like to think in terms of the "current week" and "next week" when I am looking at my tasks. Currently I manually mark all task for the current week with a star and then each day i put a tag "Today" to those, which I want to address today.

Questions:
1. Is there an additional way like the star to mark the tasks for today? (Go through the list and select a task with one mouse click).

In a word, no. There is a planned enhancement that would do this, but no date given for it's release.

2. Is there a rule for an "Advanced Search" so that I could include all tasks, which a due during the current week, into my starred list without starring them?

Not at this time. If you can filter for them, you could star them using Mulit-edit, but there would have to be quite a few of them before this would save you any time.
Salgud

Posted Jan 26, 2011 in: Please hire a UI Designer
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2011
[quote]Posted by PeterW:
[quote]Posted by Salgud:

Anything without the MS logo is considered dangerous at best, if not downright subversive.[/quote]
That's pretty funny. I think most people would think that anything WITH the MS logo is subversive and dangerous.[/quote][/quote]

I have an iMac at home, so you can probably guess what I think! :)

This message was edited Jan 26, 2011.
Salgud

Posted Jan 26, 2011 in: Maintenance Tuesday night
  • Salgud
I'll sleep better now. :)
Salgud

Posted Jan 26, 2011 in: Please hire a UI Designer
  • Salgud
Posted by Sytone:
Hi,

The Microsoft CLR is the runtime environment for the .Net framework. Since I wrote the program I can let you know that is is not bogus. It required the .Net 4.0 runtime (which is installed on all my machines by default) I will need to create a VM to find out what the issue is.

Im really sorry for the bad experience!

Thanks for your reply. I don't believe you deliberately caused this. What surprised me is that in trying to find/install MS CLR, somehow I picked up a virus. I'm guessing that some clever person figured out how to get something with their virus to show up in a search for CLR. Just glad my virus protection here at work picked it up. The IT people look askance and anyone who gets a virus on their machine, and they already worry about me and my "non-approved" sofware I run on my machine here. (Renegade stuff like Evenote and Executor, among others) They're also totally against any cloud apps, though they're going to have to get used to them as they become increasingly ubiquitous. So using TD is also cause for concern here, even though I never put any confidential info in it. You should see the looks I get from the IT folk when they work on my machine! :) Anything without the MS logo is considered dangerous at best, if not downright subversive.

I should have mentioned I'm running XP here and IE7 here, which causes a lot of problems in interacting with the rest of the world. Working for the state has it's drawbacks, and this is just one of them. Maybe that's causing the problems here.

This message was edited Jan 26, 2011.
Salgud

Posted Jan 25, 2011 in: Please hire a UI Designer
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 25, 2011
Posted by PeterW:
[quote]Posted by Salgud July 15, 2010:

<DIV class=quote>@PeterW

Yes, I am aware of the themes. Thanks for mentioning them. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with IE7 at work, and I have a Mac at home. Don't know if those themes will work on the OSX platform yet.

Still, I think that Toodledo needs more than a theme to make it more palatable to the eye. I saw that this is a common complaint and decided to add my 2 bits.[/quote]

@Salgud,

Not sure if you've seen this or if I've mentioned this before, but there is a way to have user-styles for IE:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/9381/0/updated-toodledo-distraction-free.html[/quote]

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, when I tried to install this, it said it required something called MS Common Language Runtime, and the link to that was bogus - nothing there called MS Common Language Runtime. I then Googled for it, and looked at a couple of web pages trying to find an install, and my virus software picked something up. So I think I'll stay away from this one. Others should be warned. I don't know if MS Common Language Runtime is really from MS, or just some trick to load viruses, but my advice is stay away from this add-on!
Salgud

Posted Jan 24, 2011 in: Maintenance Tuesday night
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 24, 2011
Thanks for letting us know.
Salgud

Posted Jan 24, 2011 in: Nag?
  • Salgud
Posted by piyush_soni:
Aah ! Really !

@ToodleDo,
I guess it will be an extremely simple change if you wanted to. That makes me think you somehow believe people won't have any reasonable task which can repeat every hour? Is it the case?

I doubt very much they believe anything of the kind. My guess is that their list of enhancements is very, very long, that they have limited resources, and that they have to prioritize, based on many, many factors, one of which is requests from thes forums.

For me, it's a very dangerous trap to assume what others believe. I'm almost invariably wrong. YMMV.
Salgud

Posted Jan 24, 2011 in: Change Completion Date
  • Salgud
I'm for it, though I agree that if you can change the completion date, it wouldn't have much relevance in a courtroom.
Salgud

Posted Jan 20, 2011 in: Checking toodledo
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 20, 2011
It's a matter of building a new habit, which takes a few months (There is that old adage that it takes three weeks, but it's based on a mis-quoted study from many years ago.)

For something like this, I'd set a timer, on my phone or my computer, for a few times of day, to remind me to check my task list. After a while, you won't need the timer any more. I go to TD first thing every morning at work. It's in my auto-launch list so it's there in my browser automatically. Hard to ignore that.

Of course, every time I complete something, I check it off in TD, which brings me back again. Then I look for the next thing I need to do.

This system, or something like it, will probably work for you. Best of luck!
Salgud

Posted Jan 20, 2011 in: Note Field in Tasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 20, 2011
Sorry, my mistake, I live in multi-line mode, and Hide Notes is not an option because they are already hidden if tasks are collapsed.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next