ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by greginfla_"
greginfla_

Posted Dec 16, 2011 in: editing a task after creating it
Score: 0
when you click on the add task button at the top of screen you have a list of all the fields to add information.

after you post the new task is there away to open the task with all the fields? I have a preference set where only the important fields are displayed.
greginfla_

Posted Dec 16, 2011 in: Workflow for Archiving things
I have never backed-up my toodledo data ...... i guess I should.
greginfla_

dragon dictation is pretty good..... you can email the transcribed text to toodledo
greginfla_

jott was the best!
greginfla_

Posted Nov 30, 2011 in: is bold gone? (Top and High priority)
i just spent 12 mins looking for that check box.... to add the preference of bold..... could you give me a little guidance where this preference is located....

thanks
greginfla_

Posted Nov 28, 2011 in: Subtasks in different folders
yes, toodledo allows that flexability
greginfla_

Posted Nov 28, 2011 in: is bold gone? (Top and High priority)
I used to set my project's parent task with a high or top priority and all the subtask normal priority.

that way I can easy i identify my different projects.

Well bolding with a high or top priority doesn't work any more.
greginfla_

Posted Nov 24, 2011 in: iPad app adding multiple task
Am I over looking the add multiple unrelated task feature? For the iPad app.
greginfla_

it sure would be nice if toodledo could integrate some type of voice to text.
greginfla_

Posted by john_cesta:
Here's one of the only solutions I've found for on the road speech to text

http://www.copytalk.com/mobilescribe.po?

John is this service really $80 a month? or was that a type-o on their site?....... I miss JOTT SO much
greginfla_

Posted Jul 29, 2011 in: source of tasks
in the old version I was able to pull a report on the source of a task... i.e. JOTT or twitter

I assume I still can but I have forgotten how to do it; especially with the new interface.
greginfla_

Posted Apr 25, 2011 in: JOTT replacement?
Now that Jott is shutting down. Is there another service similar to Jott that interfaces with toodledo?
greginfla_

Posted Mar 23, 2011 in: Apps you use on a daily basis
Score: 1
have you looked at toggl? It doesn't ask what you are doing but it has a great easy to use (drop down list) interface. And you can pull reports/charts. It has a iphone app too.

And it is free. If you need to pull billing reports from the app, there is a pay version that assist with that too.
greginfla_

Posted Feb 27, 2011 in: multi -edit
can you save a multi-edit. If there is a scenario that needs to be edited often, can I create and save a predefined edit command?

one click:

i.e. pull the records and then edit the tag line.
greginfla_

Posted Jan 08, 2011 in: due dates
I know you are not supposed to have soft due dates. but I have a question. Lets say you have a project i.e. give a presentation.

the project has subtast of create presentation, print and bound etc.

Do you all (GTD followers) have milstones dates to have these substask completed? Of course these dates would be due before presentation. Or are all the subtask next action items with no due date?
greginfla_

Posted Jan 08, 2011 in: recently added search
I would like to create a search where I pull all recently added task that have never need modified.

I use JOTT and email to enter task. JOTT is a great tool, but I can not send a task with JOTT that has the folder, status, etc I need.

So I go to the website and review the recently added task, but this tab includes all the tasks I have added in a week.

It would be nice and cleaner if I can only show results of task created outside the program (Jott, email, twitter) that hasn't been reviewed (modified) by me.
greginfla_

Posted Jan 05, 2011 in: it's very good and I love it.
"I have spent hours if not days and months tweeking and changing folders tags"

amen coker...... I have come in to work on a Saturdays and spent half a day tweaking .....

I think I have found something.... no majors changes in a week.
greginfla_

Posted Jan 05, 2011 in: The Peter Question: Folders vs Status
Score: -1
thanks PW. If you have a task that was important but not time critical, you would not able to get to it for several days or more, would that go in your next or someday?

I was really struggling with my work process... it was overwhelming to see all the tasks I created when I emptied my brain into toodledo.

I was struggling with next action and active...... what is the difference .... is a next action just an upgraded active?

folders/status..... who knows which one to use...

Well my anxiety has been reduced dramatically with the discovery of sorting by "task/subtask".

Now I clearly see what items are task and what are subtask.

so currently I us three folders task, projects, inbox and I sort their status by using the status field.

Another note about folders. I spent a lot of time thing about folders. first I was going to sort them by work topics: website dev, admin, member support, non member support etc.......

these work topics pretty much match the goals and objectives set by my Board of Directors.

So I created goals for each topic. Now I pull a report showing the activity(completed tasks) by the goals and objectives the Board created.

oh .... I also use high priority for parent tasks. This way when I go to the project folder the parent task is bold and the subtast are not.

PeterW: is AX2009 an arbitrary number or is that a model number of the task? I will have to try out the + and - signs.

This message was edited Jan 05, 2011.
greginfla_

Posted Jan 02, 2011 in: push-ups and Toodledo
thanks Richard, I didn't understand the "push done and reverse" comment. On the iphone I don't see how I get access to the completed task. I guess you can list all task and sort by completion date. But if the app has sync the completed task are gone right? Never mind the reason I didn't see the completed task was because they were filtered out.

so are you saying find the completed task remove the check mark and the completed task stays and you have a new non-completed task?
greginfla_

Posted Jan 02, 2011 in: push-ups and Toodledo
I have created a repeating daily task to do a set of push-up each day.

Here are my two issues:

If I conveniently forget to do today’s push-up, the next day I would like to see toodledo show me I have two task to complete: yesterday and today’s push-ups. After awhile seeing these tasks pile up will make me feel guilty not to complete some or get caught up.

But lets say, I stick to my new year’s resolution, I did my push-up for that day , and I have no other delinquent push-ups to do, when I check off today's task, the next day’s task appears. I don't want to see tomorrow task until tomorrow.

is there a way to address both or either issue?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8      Next