ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by greginfla_"
greginfla_

Posted Jan 02, 2011 in: iphone app and main screen display
Score: 0
is there a way to edit the order of the main display? I would like recent to be in the top area of the list not the bottom.

thanks
greginfla_

Posted Dec 31, 2010 in: Apps you use on a daily basis
Score: 1
can any one recommend a simple (simple as in easy to implement) project management software? I maybe offer a job as a controller for a new start-up manufacturing firm...... and I need to find a good project management program.
greginfla_

Posted Dec 31, 2010 in: The Peter Question: Folders vs Status
you are the Peter i was referring to. PeterW AKA Mr Folders. (G)
greginfla_

Posted Dec 31, 2010 in: exporting a search results?
is there a way to export CSV format the results of a custom search?

thanks; happy new year
greginfla_

Posted Dec 31, 2010 in: Jott and toodledo
never mind; I overlook the Main tab that list recently added task.
greginfla_

Posted Dec 31, 2010 in: Jott and toodledo
hey is there a way to flag incoming jott entries? sometimes it is hard to find them in toodledo... maybe a jott folder for all incoming jotts? this folder could be created automatically with you set up the link with toodledo.
greginfla_

Posted Dec 30, 2010 in: The Peter Question: Folders vs Status
Score: 2
as I have mention before I am relatively new to GTD and toodledo.

I have read Peter's outline on how he uses folders instead on using the status field.

Peter can you give more insight as to why you find it easier to use folders instead of the status field. I know each person process can be different, but I would like to know the logic of more veteran users, since I am still working on my GTD system.

I have created a project folder. I think I like it. I have set the parent task with a high priory so that the parent is bold and the subtask are not; the project visual stands out better.

You only have one project folder correct? you don't create a project folder for each project.

Do you have a folder for waiting, active, hold,etc?

I started to create those folders but then I thought I would create a non-project folder and enter all the things I need to do and want to do in now and in the future and use status to indicate their status.

Is the reason you created folders for each of the status levels is because using the folder method you can see/plan for these items better?
greginfla_

Posted Dec 29, 2010 in: multi exit with parent and subtask
this does help... I was hoping for something less rudimentary
greginfla_

Posted Dec 29, 2010 in: multi exit with parent and subtask
if I have a project with a parent entry and many subtasks, what is the easiest way to edit this record parent and subtask.

For example if I forgot to associate a project with a goal. How can I mult-edit all the records?

I have used search, but I can not define a search criteria that finds the parent and all the subtask.

Is there a record id field somewhere?
greginfla_

Score: -1
Chris thank you for taking the time to share your setup. I am a new GTDer... and learn from other's implementation of Mr. Allen system.

And I see you are a non-status field user.

I have been working with toodledo and GTD for almost a month. I think it will take 50-60 days of using the program with GTD to really develop, and to be comfortable with, a system that works with me.

I am struggling with projects and subtask.
greginfla_

Posted Dec 15, 2010 in: Notebook
auto-completion help a lot, using phraseexpress currently.
greginfla_

$15 is very fair. great support; a very solid/flexible(but visually ugly) program. I am very frugal and I think the investment is well worth it.
greginfla_

Posted Dec 14, 2010 in: search and status
search fields

Match: all

Checked off: no

AND

OR

if I run just one of the two status criteria (waiting or someday) it works fine (either one) but if I run both.... the search fails and I have records that have both waiting and someday.

I read about the subtask issue but my searches list tasks with and without subtask that would be either waiting or someday.
greginfla_

Posted Dec 14, 2010 in: emailing and notes
(Context of question: I am working in a small office with the team sharing and updating the task list.)

I am trying to determine the best way to notify someone that the note section of a task has been updated.

I am playing with tags but was wondering about couple of things/suggestions.

1: Questions: under action menu of a task: emailing task; is there a way to email the notes with the task?

2: Suggestions: How about a daily/twice daily/user defined frequency... email of the entire task list with updated notes. I would guess this report could be pulled by querying the last modified date for the note field.

in the mean time if there are any best practice suggestions I would appreciate it.
greginfla_

Posted Dec 13, 2010 in: importance and status
did Status ever become part of the formula in determining importance?

I notice in 2008 the forums mentioned including status in the formula for determining importance.
greginfla_

Posted Dec 04, 2010 in: verifying my toodledo email
yeah.... I didn't know how to view the notes.... yes I can verify now.
greginfla_

Posted Dec 04, 2010 in: script due date: #today+3?
works great!
thanks
greginfla_

Posted Dec 04, 2010 in: Notebook
i was thinking about this and I know it would take a lot of coding to implement it. A possible work around would be to have two shortcut keys.

One that inserts a line divider and the second hot-key inserts date and time into the note section.

(even kewler if there was an text field in the account setup where you can enter author's initials. and when you hit the hot key to insert a journal entry with date and time it included the authors initials automatically)

i.e
-------------------------------------------------------------
12/4/10 5:23pm: GBR went to the store and forgot what I wanted

P.S. is there a windows hotkey that enters the system day and time?
greginfla_

Posted Dec 04, 2010 in: Sharing Specific Folders...
(Under peters work around) if the wife completes a cloned task, is the parent/original task removed from the husband list?
greginfla_

+1; but I am going to look at adding additional folders to accomplish the same... (and I will look at tags. Still new haven't study the functions of tags yet).

Is it the consensus that until status field is allowed to be customized, using multiple folder is the best way to address this issue or is it tags?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8      Next