ForumsNewsToodledo Redesign Plans

Toodledo Redesign Plans
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 13, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
We are considering it. You mentioned "Locations". We have a dedicated field for that already that you may want to use.
lenoret

Posted: Mar 14, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Jake:
We are considering it. You mentioned "Locations". We have a dedicated field for that already that you may want to use.

I thinkc5000nc was asking for more fields like the Locations field, where we can add our own pre-set values to access from a pull-down menu.
Bridget K

Posted: Mar 17, 2015
Hi all,

Just checking in to let you know I'm still keeping an eye on this thread. Recently the replies posted have been leaning heavily towards feature requests. While this is helpful for me to better understand what it is you're looking for in a product, at this point in the redesign it is more valuable for me to learn about your current situation. If you do request a feature please remember to include context to help me understand how this feature will make you more productive.

Here are some guidelines to help me make the most of your suggestion:

- Include your reasoning
i.e. I'd like to see more of this feature because it will help me accomplish this specific goal

- Include context
i.e. I have trouble using this feature when I'm trying to do this specific behavior under these circumstances

- Include frequency
i.e. I experience difficulty with this feature which I use several times per week

- Include specific emotions
i.e. When this particular behavior occurs I feel slightly confused

Thanks, and happy Tuesday.

:)

BK
Ken Thomas

Posted: Mar 17, 2015
With regard to the redesign of Toodledo, one of the better (and more feature rich) apps that is similar to Toodledo that might be worth having a look at is Smartsheet.
c5000nc

Posted: Mar 18, 2015
Lenoret is correct.

Overall, it would be extremely useful to have 3 or 4 'pull-down menu' Fields we can call whatever we want for whatever we want, and 3 or 4 free-form Fields like Tags, again where we can call them what we want. This flexibility would allow us to more easily adapt ToodleDo to our specific jobs and lives.

For example, I use Locations for Hours each day (a-08, a-09, etc.), so I can use a pull-down menu to assign Tasks to specific hours. They start out in a-1800, to put them at the end of the work day, for me to move to the hour I will work on them. Using the pull-down menu of Hours like this is much faster and easier than entering and un-entering specific Start Times.

Posted by lenoret:
Posted by Jake:

I thinkc5000nc was asking for more fields like the Locations field, where we can add our own pre-set values to access from a pull-down menu.
Tracie2602

Posted: Mar 31, 2015
Score: 3 Reference
A small request that would just make a fantastic product just that little bit better. The ability to change the names of the status values, that's it nothing more nothing less. Love Toodledo for what it is
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 01, 2015
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
Jane_1531101093

Posted: Apr 02, 2015
Score: 7 Reference
I would love a revisit on goals.
I have repeatedly checked out Goals On Track, one of the better goal driven todo/task lists.

Initially I could not give up the versatility (doing multiple views, collaborators, etc.) that toodledo does, but they have made big improvements so now it is a push of which one is better depending on what I am doing.

However, a couple tweaks in toodledo would give me what I am really missing.

1) Goal progress in a meaningful way, not just chains.
Chains just show something is being worked on which has No correlation to progress on achieving the goal (e.g. can be doing tasks that don't move you forward vs the most meaningful tasks that get you to the goal quickly).
Goals on Track shows their goals as progress % done (e.g. weight lost, $ earned, or even just % of goal reached). It can be added up manually (e.g. enter weight, enter sales did, etc.) or it can take it by us stating that if this subgoal/task is done it will be X% of the goal.
I do not want this for many of my items that are driven by customer demand (e.g. respond to something someone needs), or my demands or more back burner categories. But for goals where I am doing something bigger and want to make sure it gets time every day/week (e.g. starting or improving a business or project, or a measurable goal where I want to hit a # each month and make sure that # is always in front of me), I really would like goals to show a meaningful progress.
Which means I want to be able to include in a view so I can see today's view with those 1-3 goals that are the ones I want to ensure get time/effort/progress as well as my my tasks for the day. That would ensure I give time to the tasks that will accomplish my most important goals.
I am probably going to cludge something up for now, or now that my huge extremely complex project is over go try out goals on track for a while, but this would be a huge plus to add to toodledo and with this I would stop my couple times a year search for another program to fill in what I am missing from toodledo.

2) Ability to put tasks and habits on the same view. I have, like others, put my habits as a task in the past. I looked at the habits when it first came out and wasn't interested enough to use it. After playing with habits recently in another app, I went back to look at toodledo habits and liked the changes. BUT I really, really want them on a view with today's tasks (I saw there is a bunch of other people who want the same thing).
So I see all of today's items I need to do (tasks & habits) on one view. And I would love the goal progress I want to see on the same view.
jim.morse.TN

Posted: Jun 01, 2015
ISSUE tracking... show examples... and ideas...
Risk Management ... almost the same as issue tracking...go small
Reporting based upon 'Commitment Plannign'
fiona.c

Posted: Jun 03, 2015
Score: 4 Reference
Posted by Business Support LLC:

2) Ability to put tasks and habits on the same view. I have, like others, put my habits as a task in the past. I looked at the habits when it first came out and wasn't interested enough to use it. After playing with habits recently in another app, I went back to look at toodledo habits and liked the changes. BUT I really, really want them on a view with today's tasks (I saw there is a bunch of other people who want the same thing).
So I see all of today's items I need to do (tasks & habits) on one view. And I would love the goal progress I want to see on the same view.

I support this request to 'join' habits & tasks on one page, which has been asked for many many times.

WHY this is SO important is that having more than one 'to-do' list for any day is in-efficient and distracting. Efficiency and Effectiveness depend on having one clear list of goals/tasks/activities. Splitting to-do's and 'habits' is splitting our attention and energy.

I think having the separate tab is ok, as long as the habits appear on the to-do list as well... not necessarily an easy request I appreciate that. But I think it can be done (I'm only a baby-database programmer).
coolexplorer

Posted: Jun 04, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
Posted by fionaherbert:
Posted by Business Support LLC:

Ability to put tasks and habits on the same view....... I really, really want them on a view with today's tasks (I saw there is a bunch of other people who want the same thing). So I see all of today's items I need to do (tasks & habits) on one view. And I would love the goal progress I want to see on the same view.

I support this request to 'join' habits & tasks on one page, which has been asked for many many times.
WHY this is SO important is that having more than one 'to-do' list for any day is in-efficient and distracting. Efficiency and Effectiveness depend on having one clear list of goals/tasks/activities. Splitting to-do's and 'habits' is splitting our attention and energy.
I think having the separate tab is ok, as long as the habits appear on the to-do list as well... not necessarily an easy request I appreciate that. But I think it can be done (I'm only a baby-database programmer).

Would love a Primary Dashboard showing Goals, Projects, Habits, Hot-list Tasks on one board that can be seen with one view. May be each panel/card (of the above topics) can scroll to show more information.

This message was edited Jun 04, 2015.
sarah451

Posted: Jun 04, 2015
I use sub-tasks a lot, but I've only recently come back to ToodleDo, and I simply could not get the doggone things to stay under the parent. I went to settings and tried every combination of those 3 options, but nothing worked. I would fix them where I wanted them, but as soon as I would change view (on the web), the sub-tasks would be strung out alphabetically among all the other tasks and not together with the parent at all.

I found the problem: "show" was marked "inline" and needed to be "indented" instead.

That information is in the help or FAQ. That's what gave me the heads up. It would have been more helpful, though, if either the information about "show" or a link to that help had been in the Settings/Sub-tasks section. That way, I would have been easily able to find out that there are 2 sets of controls for subtasks: one in settings and one in show.
Pete Griffin

Posted: Jul 05, 2015
Hi team

Not sure if I've missed the answer to this, but is there any news on this:

Phase 4: Tasks section facelift. We won't be moving anything around or changing functionality yet. We will just be updating the look and feel to make it cleaner and consistent with the rest of the site design.

I love the functionality of Toodledo but the task interface is a bit boring and old school now compared to some of the others out there.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 06, 2015
This is coming next.
Jim_1404874244

Posted: Jul 08, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
Posted by Bridget:
Hi Toodledo users,

As mentioned above my name is Bridget and I will be taking on the roll of Visual and Interaction Design. I am happy to be joining the team and I look forward to getting started on Toodledo. Over the course of the coming year I will be working closely with our development team to make improvements in ease of use, visual aesthetics and the overall experience of Toodledo.

Please feel free to reach out to me any time. I’m happy to hear your perspective as a Toodledo user.

:)

Bridget

Hi Bridget - Great work on the new look. Toodledo's interface is finally catching up to it's clever programming.
harsh.modi

Posted: Jul 09, 2015
Hi Bridget,

I am a very avid user of toodledo on the web as well as android. On android, I have to say I use Ultimate to do list, which is far quicker with a better interface. The quick add task icon is the center piece where I can quickly add something to an inbox folder from my phone.

I feel three main things you need in user design right now are:

- Multi select tasks and multi edit (instead of multi-edit for all tasks on the page - which is just a select all) - Currently when I am on a desktop, I do this on my phone using ultimate to do list and sync it back to the desktop.

- Printing whatever is on my page is a huge problem. The print dialog needs to be there and needs to be rich.

- Delegates - this is the single biggest reason why I am unable to get my consultants and rest of the organization to use this. This needs delegates. I currently use folders for delegates but its really messy. Along with this feature there must be a way to send them a task list reminder. You can add a toodledo ad to the email or sms which will popularize it and entice them to use it. Delegates could also be used for peers or external consultants or anyone who needs to use it.

- I have tried using tags for delegates but it needs to be richer on communication - a delegate should have a phone number, and an email with an sms server to allow people to send reminders.
Panoramix

Posted: Jul 09, 2015
Just a few words to say thank you for the redesign. It's excellent!

And waiting for the redesign of the tasks section. Go ahead!
gwpruitt

Posted: Jul 13, 2015
Score: 4 Reference
Posted by Jake:
This is coming next.

Now is the time for the Task redesign!!! PLEASE!!!

I would like to point out that so much time has passed implementing new features like lists, outlines, etc. that I think a lot of us feel the primary reason any of us are here (task management) has been ignored for way too long.

Don't get me wrong - I am a supporter. But I have admittedly drifted away due to the old interface.

Looking forward to the refresh.
Alex Brown

Posted: Jul 16, 2015
Thanks for taking suggestions. Looking forward to the update for Tasks. In relation to notes, they are a great addition but sorely lack formatting options and tagging.
Would love to see support for "Markdown" text with perhaps partial inline formatting (Like bold and header) or at least a preview sidebar. Could also do WYSIWYG if desired.

Would also be amazing to add a tagging feature inside the notes themselves.

So something like:

# Header
* List 1
{tab}* List 1.1
* List 2

{tab}Code1
{tab}Code2

#tag1
#tag2

So tags could be placed inline with the text to allow them to be easily found. Something like letterspace but online (https://programmerbird.com/letterspace/).

{tab} is being used as formatting is lost in the forum.

This message was edited Jul 16, 2015.
Sabina A.

Posted: Jul 16, 2015
Thanks for the suggestions!

We currently only support HTML tags for notes.

Supported HTML tags include , , <a>, <ul>, <ol>, and <li>
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.