ForumsNewsToodledo Redesign Plans

Toodledo Redesign Plans
GSP1963

Posted: Sep 19, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
Just a note of thanks for some really nice enhancements. I've noticed two things recently, both related to Tasks.

1. Better icons for indicating when a task has a note.
The previous design, using a variation on grays and yellows, was weak. This new one, with bold navy for True, and light gray for False, is a big improvement. Before I had to really look to figure out if there was a note and often overlooked it when there was one. No longer. A little thing, but if you don't read some critical information related to a task ("I thought I wrote that phone number down somewhere, darnitall!"), it's a problem.

2. Revised searches now overwrite existing searches of the same name.
I just discovered today that someone has revised this code, which is an immense improvment. It used to be the case that if you wanted to revise a task search, you had to run the existing version, then make the modifications, then run it again, then save it under a temporary name ("Main Search - Revised"), then delete the original search, then re-run the revised search and save it using the name you wanted to use in the first place ("Main Search"). WHAT A HASSLE. I put up with the old design (what choice did I have?), but I would swear under my breath every time I had to go through that exasperating rigmorole. Someone, who should be given the Congressional Medal of Honor, recognized that design was horrid and fixed it. Now I can run a search, modify it as needed, and save the modification immediately. There is now a 1-in-a-thousand chance that I'll make an accidental overwrite of a search. I can live with that as it's much preferable to forcing me to waste several minutes jumping through hoops every time I want to make a minor adjustment.

Thank you for these and all the other improvements I've been seeing of late. Good work.

Garland Scott Pass
Limerick, Pennsylvania, USA

This message was edited Sep 19, 2015.
Vicfrances

Posted: Oct 19, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Hi Toodledo people,

Thank you so much for all improvements, waiting with all expectations almost done... :)

Are you planning to make the feature to hide areas that some people don´t use as Habits or Outlines in my case to make it a clean app?

Thanks and keep it as good job as you are doing guys :)
Bridget K

Posted: Oct 19, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Vicfrances:

Are you planning to make the feature to hide areas that some people don´t use as Habits or Outlines in my case to make it a clean app?

Hey there Vicfrances,

We currently testing a layout update in our Beta website that will help you focus on one product at a time. If you would like to get early access to this, or let us know your feedback you can sign up to become a beta tester at our Beta Signup Page.

Thanks,

:)

Bridget
sprouty76

Posted: Oct 21, 2015
I've been positive about pretty much all of the recent changes, but I hate what you've done with the Add Task button. It belongs inside the tab that gets selected when you pick Tasks (and the same with Add Outline, etc), not at the same level. Also not keen on the appearance of the button itself.

Also not a fan of the drop down list for the different components instead of the tab bar in the beta version. Feels and looks quite clunky. I prefer the site logo in the top left, and then a nice, concise bar for the different sections - for all sites, not just TD.
Olivir2015

Score: 1 Reference
Well, I am quite the opposite, as for the sections moved from the bar into a list. It allows me to focus on one of the sections, much cleaner in my eyes.

Posted by sprouty76:
I've been positive about pretty much all of the recent changes, but I hate what you've done with the Add Task button. It belongs inside the tab that gets selected when you pick Tasks (and the same with Add Outline, etc), not at the same level. Also not keen on the appearance of the button itself.

Also not a fan of the drop down list for the different components instead of the tab bar in the beta version. Feels and looks quite clunky. I prefer the site logo in the top left, and then a nice, concise bar for the different sections - for all sites, not just TD.
Theresa_3

I never used 'Add Task' in the browser, but I do notice when I open it that the field label 'Note' is a different font than the other labels. And the labels 'Tag' and 'Note' overlap the fields above them which makes it look quite sloppy. I always use 'Quick Add Task' so I never even looked at this panel before. I notice that the entry fields map to the columns displayed and in the same order. I don't really like the order - the logical grouping of my entry data doesn't match the order I want to see them displayed. For example, I would think on entry all the date related fields should be together and they wouldn't be if the columns aren't deliberately arranged that way.

However, the 'Add Task' button in the iphone app is pretty awful. You get a great big space to enter the Task Name/Description. It takes up half the iphone screen. And then you cannot enter anything else on this screen. Instead, you have to either hit 'Edit' here or add it and then navigate to recently added to edit it. It's very awkward. The big entry box is not even labelled so I wasn't sure at first when I went in, what I was supposed to do. I would think that on the entry screen, you would at least have some of the key fields - perhaps Folder and Due Date - so that you can add them here without doing to another screen. This screen seems like it's attempting to be a quick add task however it's not a quick task because the click pattern is different than the browser:
Browser: <task 1> type name, hit enter. <task 2> type name, hit enter.
iPhone: <task 1> hit [Add Task], type name, hit [Add] <task 2> hit [Add Task], type name, hit [Add]
The iPhone one isn't awful since at least both buttons are in the upper right so that you can do them with one hand rather than switching between hands. But it's still not the same as a quick add.

Posted by sprouty76:

You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.