ForumsNewsFuture Plans

Future Plans
axelheiser

Posted: Jul 17, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
There is a new app called 'Zenkit' that has some pretty cool (and ambitious) features, including viewing entries as spreadsheet, list, kanban, calendar, and mindmap, customisable fields, reference fields, saved searches (far from being as good as Toodledo's) ...
It has some bugs and issues that keep me from using it but if they sort them out it could be quite powerful.
May be a good place to look for inspiration for the Toodledo Team :)

This message was edited Jul 17, 2018.
Jim_Lewis

Posted: Jul 17, 2018
Zenkit pricing. There is the free version.

After that, it's $9/mo (ouch!)

https://zenkit.com/en/pricing/
Purveyor

Posted: Jul 18, 2018
Zenkit looks interesting. It is a customizable relational database that can be used for something like this: CRM for Sales.

This message was edited Jul 18, 2018.
kscarlett

Score: 1 Reference
HI Sam!

One feature I would LOVE is that we can group/sort tags separately as opposed to together. When tags are sorted today, ALL the tags are grouped. I'd like to be able to sort and also to SEARCH by any task that has one tag (as opposed to 'contains'). Yes, this means that tasks that have more than one tag would show up twice when sorted this way, but it is very beneficial when keeping track of tasks based on their tag.

I love Toodledoo. <3

Thanks. :)
fritzthecat_1322312875

Score: 5 Reference
LOL I love how half the comments are "please don't change anything" and the other half is "here's my wishlist of desired changes" - often within the same comment :-)
mjbernstein

Posted: Jul 19, 2018
So I was doing some computer-y stuff yesterday and put Toodledo onto an old iPad and in the app store--Toodledo as listed as Pink Java.

So sure enough there everyone is on pinkjava.com.

Toodledo is not yet listed as a product there but....

As for the do not change a thing people--you must not listen to that. You have to keep up/improve lest you die in the computer world. So no change means that one day Toodledo will close done. It would be a surrender.

That said changes should add functionality and lost functionality must be archived for those depending on it.

Changes should be slow and incremental. No hard user wants to long on one day to find it unrecognizable.

Also updates need to be solidly vetted--silly bugs must be avoided at all costs.

Marc
Vicfrances

Posted: Jul 19, 2018
Hi sam,

My fav features would be:

-Eliminate each area I am not using like in my case Outlines and Habits, have the least possible and most simplificated my Todo list.

-Color the full task according to importance.

Thanks, we needed some push, finally :)

Good luck
GSP1963

Posted: Jul 21, 2018
Score: 4 Reference
New Owners: It's been two weeks since your acquisition was announced on here and there's been a great deal of feedback from the Toodledo community. May I ask for a bit of an update? Something a little more substantive than what you've said so far?

Specifically, these are the five questions I'd be most interesting in having answered:

1. Is Toodledo your main focus on a day-to-day basis? Or is it part of a portfolio of projects you've got underway?

2. The second question follows from the first: Do you have a rough--even very rough--schedule in mind with regards to Toodledo? If it's your main focus, I'd imagine you're probably going to be moving ahead in short order. On the other hand, if it's part of a large portfolio of projects and not a high priority, it might be several months or more before any changes occur.

3. What was it that led you to purchase Toodledo? Was it simply a case where the price was right or was there something about the product that made you feel it had particular potential?

4. There has been some speculation that you may be planning on making Toodledo more of an enterprise- and team-focused product. Is that the case? Anything you can share along these lines, one way or the other?

5. It seems as though most of the users who had input they wanted to share have had their say at this point. Do you have any reaction to the many ideas that have been shared here? Do any of the ideas strike you as being particularly good? Particularly bad? Other thoughts?

Thanks; I appreciate your time.

This message was edited Jul 22, 2018.
tony-sutton

Posted: Jul 23, 2018
Hi Sam,

Welcome on-board.

Two things I value about the current version of Toodledo that I'd like to see retained:
- Flexibility: Users are not forced to use all features. By switching features on / off the user-experience is tailored to be as simple or complex as desired. As I've become more familiar with the tool, I've switched on and used more functionality. One App I used previously got ever more complex to the point it became no longer useful to me (the tool got in the way), which is what prompted my move to Toodledo several years back.
- Reliability: This is a tool that I use on a daily basis and thus I cannot afford downtime. I therefore greatly appreciate how Toodledo works flawlessly with minimal fuss, particularly syncing. This has not always been the case with other Apps I've used.

I use Toodledo as part of my Getting Things Done (GTD) system. I find Toodledo to be a pretty good fit, but some aspects are a little clunky and so I need to use workarounds. Two such things I'd like to see improved are:
- Projects: I find the existing system of actions and sub-actions clunky, particularly on the mobile App. I use the "Folder" functionality to represent GTD "Areas of Focus", so it would be good if the same approach could be used to support a GTD "Project List" (i.e. be able to sort actions and sub-actions by "Project" as well as by "Folder").
- Goals: It would be good if the terminology could be aligned with GTD, or even better, if field terminology overall could be user-edited so that each user could set it up how they preferred.

Many Thanks,

Tony
dave.jordan

Posted: Jul 24, 2018
Score: 3 Reference
I use Toodledo as the "backbone" of my day-to-day professional and personal life and have for the past 9 or 10 years. I am deeply invested in it and have dabbled with many other tools but I keep coming back to this one.

While my instinct is to beg "please don't change anything", I have to admit I have been very pleased with all of the incremental changes and improvements that I have seen over the years as a TD user.

I guess my biggest concern is whether the future roadmap will continue to evolve along the needs of power users and keep to a "first, don't break anything" principle. Knowing that Jake was a user himself, I felt a high level of trust that he would keep the system stable while rolling out new features.

I would charge the new owners to use - and depend on - Toodledo themselves as much as possible. (Love or hate Basecamp, you have to admire and respect the fact that the Basecamp team uses Basecamp to build and improve Basecamp. I think that model would be great here too).

I've been attracted to "pretty" desktop and mobile apps, but even the ones I've tried that sync with Toodledo don't match Toodledo's native features and granularity, and some detail is usually lost when syncing to those. Now that the new web interface runs "offline" in Chrome and Safari (and I haven't tried other browsers), to me, it can't be beat - the web app to me is as good as a desktop app (I recently did extensive work out of Toodledo in an offline browser on a 12-hour international flight without WiFi/Internet access and it worked perfectly).

My one long-time feature request? In the Toodledo iOS app, the default search looks for the search text in both the task title and Notes fields simultaneously. I find this tremendously useful! It is annoying to have to do a search twice (once on Title and once on Notes) in the web app to get the same functionality; is it possible to add a "Title+Notes" search field/context to the Web app? If so I would love this and everything else is working great for me!

I know it's not realistic to ask for nothing to change. In reality, Toodledo has been in a constant state of change (for the better) since I started using it. Hopefully that trend will continue and the new owners will be good stewards of the technology and the dedicated user community and embrace a "first do no harm" approach to updates.

(Just re-upped for another year of Platinum this morning...will be cautiously and carefully watching developments and warily shopping for alternatives, although I don't expect to find one that I can adopt without significant compromises)
Purveyor

Posted: Jul 25, 2018
Posted by GSP1963:
New Owners:...

Is Toodledo your main focus on a day-to-day basis? Or is it part of a portfolio of projects you've got underway?
No response after three days. It looks like you've received your answer: Sam and the guys are busy with other things.

In any case, it doesn't really matter what the new owners say. What matters is what they actually do.

They have a plan. We'll find out soon what it is.

This message was edited Jul 25, 2018.
pawelkaleta

I would also add below quote, having in mind the last post of Sam is dated July 7th, i.e. 18 days ago, well played so far.

Posted by Sam:
Addionally, I'll be super active in this forum, answering as many questions as possible, telling you about upcoming product features, and listening to your feedback.

This message was edited Jul 25, 2018.
Olivir2018

That is true, OTOH - there are things like real life issues. And basically, anything promissed in IT world, like deadline, feature, anything, is bound to fail. Also, summer. In my office, phone calls decrease down to 1 call per 14 days...
Sam

Posted: Jul 26, 2018
justinhappy

Posted: Jul 28, 2018
Hi Sam,
"Jake (Founder) Posted: Jan 19, 2016 Score: 0 Quote Reference
The only Toodledo employee who can view customer data is me and I only do this when a support ticket is escalated to me and I have a need to view the data in order to resolve the support issue, and I have received permission from the user. For encrypted data, Toodledo currently manages the encryption keys, so I have the capability to unencrypt data if necessary. We do not currently support user-managed encryption keys although we may in the future.".
Who has the key to view our data now?
ken

Posted: Aug 01, 2018
Quick feature suggestion - for the due date or repeat field - how about adding an option for "Until done"?

Using that option would make it so that the task stays in my "today" list until I check it off.

So if I'm supposed to paint the mailbox and I put it in toodledo as due this coming Friday - if I don't get to it on that day, it would show up in my "today" tasks until I check it off.

Echoing other comments I've seen - it's a very good system, please don't screw it up.
coolexplorer

Posted: Aug 05, 2018
Posted by ken:
Quick feature suggestion - for the due date or repeat field - how about adding an option for "Until done"?

Using that option would make it so that the task stays in my "today" list until I check it off.

So if I'm supposed to paint the mailbox and I put it in toodledo as due this coming Friday - if I don't get to it on that day, it would show up in my "today" tasks until I check it off.

Echoing other comments I've seen - it's a very good system, please don't screw it up.

All Overdue Task should currently stay in your "Today" list till you check it off. You may be using "Optional" Due date instead of "By" or "On" or the Filter does not include Past due Tasks.
stephen_1299640558

Posted: Aug 06, 2018
All working well so far.

This message was edited Aug 06, 2018.
shelbyp

Posted: Aug 07, 2018
Score: 2 Reference
Hello!
Here is my feedback.

Generally I am very happy with TD and have been with it for around 10 years.

Tasks and Outlines do 100% of what I need.

I don't use Lists or Notes at the moment, the Note field in the tasks is enough for me.

Habits: I really liked this at first , but unfortunately habits does not have the ability to schedule X times per week or month, which is really needed for more general habits. In fact most of my "habits" require this eg exercise/practice scheduling among others and had to move away from TD for this.

Additionally it would be nice if we could somehow automatically have habits link to the tasks section eg appear as tasks. One way of doing this would be to have a tag "HABIT" be set optionally so that users who would like to see these in there tasks could easily filter there as well. The current tasks do not allow scheduling x times a week which probably is not very usefl for other types of tasks, so making the link might require some creativity. eg if a habit is close to becoming due set the task priority higher.

Most Habit apps have the schedulng feature (eg Habit Bull or the very powerful online and free tool Habitica), I am currently using Habitica,

However Toodledo can still provide a huge advantage over other habit tools since TD allows to have all these combined with other task management tools in one place. there was some debate about whether TD should support habits, however for me this was a really good move. habits are definitely "tasks" with their own peculiarities ( in particular more scheduling flexibility and tracking of performance).
SquidgyFishy

Posted: Aug 07, 2018
Score: 2 Reference
Hi Sam,
Another two tweaks that would be great would be:

File manager - deleting files is a bit of a pain, and although i have a lot of space, it feels very disorganised to have many files which aren't attached to any tasks anymore because the tasks were completed.

Outline - I like the outline feature and use it to project plan from time to time, but it would be nice to be able to turn a line in the outline into a task - for example if you "starred" the line in the outlines it would become a task.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.