ForumsNewsFuture Plans

Future Plans
dalesseb

Posted: Sep 12, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
First I want to say that I like that Toodledo makes me think through a goal as "Lifelong" or "Long-Term" or "Short-Term" what I don't like is that I can only sort by the combined goals group. I have (at least not that I can tell) no way to short by Lifelong goals, and then see what long term and short term goals are listed under that life long goal. This seems unproductive to me. I end up trying a work around by putting my short term goals in folders and then trying to make sub-tasks for projects under those short term goals, but then I still need another level of sub-sub-tasks for the more complicated stuff. I don't know that Toodledo needs another level of sub-tasks so much as it needs to simply have the goals able to display as a hierarchy like you assign them in the goals organization tab.
pawelkaleta

Posted: Sep 20, 2018
Score: 3 Reference
Am I the only one who notice complete lack of interest of this community's existence since the change of the ownership? Superactive-Sam's last post dated Aug 14th, his last visit dated Aug 15th and no responses to most of threads created recently by many users are the best proofs for that or else I must have missed the news about new url address of this forum. Not sure if they still process support tickets as I didn't have the need to create one.

This community is dying and it's hard to be a witness of this happening.
I would rather even more often read Jake's "It's on our to-do list but we can't comment on timeframe" than being completely ignored by new owners after so many users had paid attention to not screw anything. To new owners: you are doing it right now, congratulations.

Posted by pawelkaleta:
I would also add below quote, having in mind the last post of Sam is dated July 7th, i.e. 18 days ago, well played so far.

Posted by Sam:
Addionally, I'll be super active in this forum, answering as many questions as possible, telling you about upcoming product features, and listening to your feedback.
J.O.D.

Posted: Sep 21, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
I agree that this is an unwelcome situation, but I have to remind myself that this forums have always been close to the near death state (sometimes 2 posts during a week). Anyway, I keep using Toodeldo as long as it works, because of the uniqueness, and regularly backup my data just in case I will have to switch in a matter of days elswhere.

You can say they are screwing the community aspect, but as for the app, they actually do what they have been told to - keep the service intact... (I know, black humor, but still).
Vicfrances

Posted: Sep 25, 2018
Not nice at all. With Sam still IOS was not cared but at least he was saying something. Now I am thinking to exchange to another platform...
PetrV

Posted: Sep 25, 2018
Score: 3 Reference
I have alerady left. Using Things for iOS and Mac OS X.

This message was edited Sep 26, 2018.
genezyc

Posted: Sep 26, 2018
For what it's worth, I use 2Do on iOS. It syncs quite well with Toodledo, plus has a slick and powerful UI.

Posted by peterahl:
Thought this was vaporware due to no updates while every other ToDo App has been diligently updating / communicating. Cannot invest time into anything that is not long-term/does not improve.

Why no IOS update for iPhone X? That's crazy and I hope it doesn't take the new owners more than a couple weeks at most to fix.

The change was / is long over due.
frogboy

Posted: Sep 29, 2018
Problem is 2Do has many fields that don’t sync with Toodledo, this gets confusion.

On macOS no background app refresh, so need manual update.

Remember the milk has both mobile apps and desktop wrappers, think Toodledo could copy this....

Posted by genezyc:
For what it's worth, I use 2Do on iOS. It syncs quite well with Toodledo, plus has a slick and powerful UI.

Posted by peterahl:
Thought this was vaporware due to no updates while every other ToDo App has been diligently updating / communicating. Cannot invest time into anything that is not long-term/does not improve.

Why no IOS update for iPhone X? That's crazy and I hope it doesn't take the new owners more than a couple weeks at most to fix.

jzamoras

Posted: Sep 30, 2018
Posted by genezyc:

Posted by peterahl:

+1
JPA_2

Posted: Oct 05, 2018
October 5, 2018 9:18 AM:

1. great great product

2. IOS really needs update especially to fill screen on iphone X / XS etc.

3. Every week/month with no updates more fully supports that Toodledo is going vaporware and is not a real org that users can grow with.

4. Depressing grey colors need to go!
aaron.c.salls

Posted by JPA_2:
October 5, 2018 9:18 AM:

1. great great product

2. IOS really needs update especially to fill screen on iphone X / XS etc.

3. Every week/month with no updates more fully supports that Toodledo is going vaporware and is not a real org that users can grow with.

4. Depressing grey colors need to go!

Thanks for the feedback. As mentioned in the September update, we've heard loud and clear that the IOS app is a significant pain point for members today and are investing a significant chunk of the team's efforts into the IOS app right now. We are bringing it up to spec and plan to maintain it so that we keep pace with IOS changes going forward. More details to follow on expected ramp date of the overhauled app.

Regarding the updates -- I am responsible for spinning that up, and even though I just joined the team, I'd love to learn a little more about how we can do better there. We have our end-of-month progress updates and set up many channels for customers to see our plans, but if you have other ideas or methods that you think would be helpful, let's talk. I'm always available at [email protected].
Ummagumma

Are you planning on releasing the iOS app to users for beta testing ? I am sure that many of us would like to be able to put their two cents worth of input early on...
coachmac

Posted: Oct 12, 2018
@JPA_2 maybe I don't understand something but even Apple Apps don't fill the screen space on iPhone X?

This message was edited Oct 12, 2018.
Jim_Lewis

Posted: Oct 17, 2018
Score: -7 Reference
We are adjusting plans on January 1st

Hi Toodledo community,

We’re investing in some great new features coming your way, building out new content to help you get the most out of your workflow, and increasing our support for our users.

Some of the features we’re excited about before the end of 2018 are a fully revamped native app experience, improved batch editing and task sorting, and much more.

However, for us to invest sustainably for the long-term, Toodledo is adjusting its plans and pricing to more accurately reflect the value users get from the platform. So we are announcing the new Individual and Business plans.

These plan changes will not affect your current pricing schedule throughout the duration of your current subscription; you are grandfathered into your current plan until your next renewal date.

But as a current Toodledo subscriber, we want to keep you informed about the change. Here are the new plans:

Free: $0 Individual: $4.99/mo Business: $7.49/mo

Have any questions or concerns? Just reply to this email and I’ll get back to you quickly.

Thanks always,
Aaron
CEO of Toodledo
toodledo.com
Chris

Score: 4 Reference
I'm sure I saw something from you a while back along the lines that you wouldn't be changing prices for existing customers! A massive price hike at next renewal date doesn't sit well with that. Down to the free version for me after many years as a happy paying customer, I think.

EDIT – apologies, this was directed towards Aaron, obviously.

This message was edited Oct 17, 2018.
antonio.bernal

Score: 5 Reference
My silver current plan: $19,99

New individual plan: $4,99 x 12 = $59,88

59,88 / 19,99 = 2,995

You are tripling the price!

Disapointing, I'll probably go to the free plan when my mi current one expires.
gtappend

Score: 7 Reference
"Please note that there is no plan to increase the price of current paying users."

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/25975/0/toodledo-update-1.html

is a little bit different than "until your next renewal date."

So my Gold subscription is also going to go up from $29.99/year to $89.88/year - per person?

This message was edited Oct 17, 2018.
Jimraz

Score: 2 Reference
I have a gold subscription that's good until 7/2020. I will not renew at the new listed price of $89.99 per year. Looks like you're getting greedy.
byerun

Posted by Jimraz:
I have a gold subscription that's good until 7/2020. I will not renew at the new listed price of $89.99 per year. Looks like you're getting greedy.

I'm not following. The gold subscription seems to match closest to the new individual plan which is about $60/year. The $89.99/year you mentioned is for the business plan. Or am I missing something?
dosmandan

Score: 5 Reference
My thought as well. For triple the price, I'll definitely start looking for alternative solutions that are more reasonable. I've been a steady customer for many years because Toodledo represented a good trade off between value(to me) and price...until now.

With such a drastic price increase, I would expect a substantial change to the online application, as well as a really nice mobile application. This won't be possible without a complete change to the way Toodledo looks and works. Toodledo would cease to be the application we all support and use.

The new owners are asking us to pay now for changes in the future, which we may or may not like at all. A more subtle approach would have been to start showing some nice changes, then increasing the price accordingly.
dismukemail

Score: 4 Reference
Posted by byerun:

I'm not following. The gold subscription seems to match closest to the new individual plan which is about $60/year. The $89.99/year you mentioned is for the business plan. Or am I missing something?

Sadly, you are missing something. To keep the Gold subscription feature of preventing one's task history from being deleted after a year one must upgrade to the $90 per year plan. I am already at the top membership level - and my fee is going up 300 percent! I get a lot of value from Toodledo and don't mind paying more - but this is steep. And the other features one gets with the business plan are worthless to me - I use it for my own use and do not need to collaborate.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.