ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
alexandremrj_2

Score: 0
I was able to reproduce this in an iPhone 4s.

Turn the iphone to landscape mode when in home screen, turn on toodledo so it starts in the home screen and travel to a task with a note.

The note field of the task appears at the end of the task screen, on top of the dates created and updated, with a white box and a small grey strip below the task name (where the note should be).

If you rotate the phone to portrait and then to landscape again, the note goes again to top and all is well.

Hopes this helps

Alex
alexandremrj_2

Posted Sep 27, 2015 in: How submit support ticket
Hello Troy,

click down arrow for Account Menu
click Help Center
lower on the page, in Resources, click Contact Us
in the lower parte of the page, click Still can't find your answer? Have a suggestion or a bug to report? Create a support ticket
alexandremrj_2

Hello Colin,

I'm assuming that you are on the Firefox browser.

In the bookmarklet page you have two different links, but both of them will work the same way. And for you to be able to add them, then you must have the bookmark bar enabled.

Click on the firefox menu (3 horizontal lines) with the right mouse button, and in the menu that appears enable the Bookmarks toolbar.

Open the webpage in your browser (https://toodledo.com/tools/bookmarklet.php), and simply drag the link from the webpage to the bookmark bar.

If a forbidden sign appears then you are not dragging it to the bookmarks bar but to someplace else and so you have to continue looking for the right place.

Hope this helps. If it doesn't please tell us your browser and operating system.
alexandremrj_2

The ideia would be:

Allow add to Toodledo by email deactivating the custom formatting - simply passing the email to the "Inbox"
alexandremrj_2

Hello,

Because you can save the date in search as "yesterday" and "today", you can have a saved search called Rollover

Simply create a search with:
Is completed no
Due date is before today

Click on save on the right corner and give the name you want.

Next time, simply come to search, select it and then click the multi-edit to change the due date
alexandremrj_2

Posted Sep 23, 2015 in: iOS - Copy settings between devices
Score: 1
Hello,

Most of all, settings should be included when setting up sync, so that the fields activated on the website should also be activated on the apps.
alexandremrj_2

Hello,

Been away on vacation and also returned and its at the same speed as before, maybe a bit faster

Any extensions been updated that are interfering with your system?
alexandremrj_2

Hello Bill,

that is strange. How many notes have you added to the notes tab and that you were expecting to see?

Alex

This message was edited Aug 28, 2015.
alexandremrj_2

Posted Aug 28, 2015 in: How to fail a "Number" habit?
The best way is to leave it blank, that way the chain wont complete
alexandremrj_2

Posted Aug 28, 2015 in: Trash bin has disappeared
Hello,

Just click the circle with the arrow next to the task and in the popup menu select "Delete task".

All the best

Alex
alexandremrj_2

Hello,

Regarding the notes tab:

In the sidebar, which item is bold? If you are in All Notes -> All pages, then you should be able to see all notes that you have and please submit a support ticket.
If you are in All Notes but inside the Recently Added or Recently Modified, then you will only see some items, please try changing to All pages.
If you are inside Folders (in Notes) then please try to go to All Notes -> All pages.

Regarding the collapsed items, you can open and close individual list dividers by clicking on them. To open or close all of them, and save this preference for future visits, click the icon in the blue toolbar (that has two arrows and two lines).

In lists I don't know how to delete multiple items at once, and don't even know if it is possible.

Hope this helps

Alex
alexandremrj_2

Posted Aug 28, 2015 in: How to VIew Completed Tasks?
Hello FoggyBeach,

The easiaest way really is by using a Search.

The criteria can be as easy as:

Date Completed -> Exists

Then when all tasks appear, simply sort by Date Completed - and Voilá

These tasks, with the Silver Subscription ($15), stay around for the 2 years (I can see tasks with this search that are from 2009).

All the best

Alex
alexandremrj_2

Hello boydston01,

The great thing about Toodledo is their search that is very powerful indeed.

My search string that does the same thing is

Start date is before tomorrow
alexandremrj_2

Posted Aug 26, 2015 in: Hide future tasks on iOS?
Hello raindog308,

On top of the tasks, top left corner, you can find the filter exactly like the web app:

The name is "SHOW" and when touched you have a menu to hide completed tasks, future tasks and defered status tasks.

Hope this helps

Alex
alexandremrj_2

Posted Aug 26, 2015 in: Alarm on PC Fails
Hello FoggyBeach,

Just found the problem:

https://toodledo.com/info/help.php#161

"Please note that you must set any alarm at least 10 minutes into the future for it to have time to get scheduled and work in your web browser. Also, the first time an alarm goes off, your web browser will ask you for permission to display alarms. You will need to click "accept" to receive them."

You have already accepted them that is why the allow is turned on in firefox, but your alarm is 2 minutes instead of 10.
alexandremrj_2

Posted Aug 26, 2015 in: Show future/deferred tasks
The tasks in the future filter are hidden when one of the following conditions is met:

- Give your task a start date.
- Give your task a due date that is far enough in the future that your global "Hide Future Tasks" account setting is triggered.
- Give your task a due date more than 1 week in the future and use a due date modifier.

The tasks you are seeing in the future with the filter turned off is related to which item?

This message was edited Aug 26, 2015.
alexandremrj_2

Posted Aug 26, 2015 in: Alarm on PC Fails
Hello,

If you have firefox, do you mind going to the lock on the address bar and click it?

There you will see the information about Toodledo and you will see a Permissions section. Make sure that Show notifications is set to "Allow" instead of "Block" or "Always ask".

Also, on Toodledo, inside the "Organize" menu select "Alarms / Reminders" and then check that the "Browser" option in enabled in alarms.

If you needed to make a change, then try the alarms again please.

If both of these were already in place, then its best to submit a support ticket so that Toodledo can look into your account.

All the best

Alex
alexandremrj_2

Posted Aug 25, 2015 in: Auto-collapse the ribbon?
How about a keyboard shortcut to collapse the sidebar?
alexandremrj_2

Posted Aug 17, 2015 in: Introducing our Toodledo Brand Identity
Hello Bridget,

I think its a great first step to have the Toodledo Brand Guidelines, and well done. This lays the foundation for all design and allows everything to move along faster.

I must say that I like the new identify, with strong colors without removing the content, and I love the icons. I also love the 3 bars, that rotate 90º when the sidebar appears in the right side menu - think you will use it more (wink, wink, the tasks sidebar maybe).

Following this, when can we expect the change in the iOS logo for the do with the circle around it? Because in the iOS app we are not talking only about tasks but about everything else...

Congratulations on all this work.
alexandremrj_2

Posted Jun 14, 2015 in: Seeking advice for using contexts
Hello korey99,

Your question has a lot of baggage, and you will have different answers as you have people in the forums.

I follow the Getting Things Done methodology, so my answer will be a bit dependent of that background.

Tasks are the breakdown of things that I want to accomplish and so, they are specific things. A project is when there is more that one thing needing to happen before I can call it done.

The contexts need to be specific to where or what you are doing, but they can be as general as you need them to be. This means that you can have a @personal_computer and a @phone_internet context, but perhaps you only need an @online_personal to distinguish from work context.

Unfortunately the examples you have given me are projects, not tasks:

Plan kayaking trip (requires discussing with my wife, probably at home, talking to friends/family, and booking via phone or PC)
is in fact a project called
"Take kayaking trip in date xxx" with actions ranging from
Go online to check prices and availability @online_personal
Discuss with wife if she would like to take a kayaking tryp @wife
* Make sure to define a data
* Show prospects of trips
Talk with Bob about if he would like to go @Bob
Talk with sister about if she would like to go @sister

Find new drill bits (I could buy them online from my phone, or get them out shopping, so either @out or @phone)
is in fact a project called
"Buy new drill bits" with actions
Check old drill bits so see size and model @home
Search online for prices of new drill bits @online_personal
Buy new drill bits from hardware store @errands

For me, you need to define your actions a bit more before tackling contexts, and then you can see what helps you most. I will now give you some examples of my contexts:

For home I have only 2 contexts:
@homeworks - for all things I must do around house
@computer_personal - this means a computing task, online or not (I use my iPad or iPhone even with this context)

For work I have:
@office - this means paperwork that must be in my desk
@building - when I'm moving around the several departments
@computer_work - this means a computing task, online or not (I use my iPad or iPhone even with this context)
@calls - this is self-explanatory but only have this context when i must make calls not for any of the following people.

Then I have lots of people contexts, that I filter when with them or talking on the phone with them, that will show me tasks that I must do with them, or tasks that i'm waiting for from them:
@wife
@randy (for your checks above)
@coworker A
@boss
@coworker B

The special context that I use that is not so simple is a @Thinking context, for tasks that I must flesh out or mindmap about.

So, hope this helps you a bit.

All the best

Alex

This message was edited Jun 14, 2015.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next