ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
alexandremrj_2

Score: 0
This is a bit hard because every system is a system.
What I would recommend is you check around a bit by Management Systems to see if it is worth finding more about any of them, and, after that organize your own system.

I recommend checking GTD but I know it is not for everyone.

If everybody gives advice in how to organize and starts talking about next actions and stuff you will only get confused.
Read a bit, try out a system, deactivate most functions and only activate the ones you really need to organize yourself.
alexandremrj_2

Posted Oct 27, 2010 in: hide future task filters
It has a certain point, if the task only starts tomorrow then it's best if it doesn't cloud your view because it will only be tomorrow - of course you can always see it in the calendar.
alexandremrj_2

Posted Oct 27, 2010 in: hide future task filters
From the help section:

"How can I hide tasks that are due in the future?

There are several ways to hide tasks that are due in the future.
Give your task a start date.
Give your task a due date that is far enough in the future that your global "Hide Future Tasks" account setting is triggered.
Give your task a due date more than 1 week in the future and use a due date modifier.
In all of these cases, you can hide or reveal these future tasks by toggling the "Hide Future Tasks" filter."

So, what that means to me is: If your task has a start date in the future (tomorrow) then it's a future task and its hidden. The global setting is for the due date.

This message was edited Oct 27, 2010.
alexandremrj_2

Posted Oct 26, 2010 in: My GTD setup
Score: 1
I started my GTD setup with Proximo's setup but then I simplified them:

First a bit of background:
I use Outlook 2007 at work with Exchange Calendar that is synced to my Nokia
I use Gmail and Google Calendar as personal systems
Toodledo manages all my tasks and I use subtasks

I use the Status setting:
Next Action - it speaks for itself
Active - for actions that I got to do but are not next actions (meaning not enough priority in my life or part of follow ups of projects)
Planing - the parent task of small projects (as Proximo I have the +Big Project and them the -Project: Insert task here)
Delegated - when I can, of course
Waiting - When I need answers to move forward
Hold - Things my boss told me to wait
Someday - My someday list
Canceled - For things that were canceled completely but I still wasted time in them (this is different from Hold)

Folders:
I use Folders for big projects, things that are really very complex but have the common theme --- like Folder: house remodeling, +Remodel kitchen, -kitchen: Pick counter top

Context:
Work Office
work building
Home
Shopping
Outside
Meeting with X
Meeting with W

I use the start date in my tasks with the default for the day they were created, this allows me to see in my review if an active task is getting old and must go to next action or simply be deleted from the system. Is very useful mostly for the waiting items.

I use the goals system in Toodledo, although they aren't a column in my tasks, for keeping track of my altitude in GTD (i know they are only 3 and in the GTD book they are 6).

I review my system twice a week (biweekly review) and my Inbox are Notes on my cellphone (Sticky Notes for Symbian) that always goes with me everywhere (so a super Inbox processed once a day at least) or a BCC of emails to Toodledo (that have no context so easy to see).

I always start my session in the Status, Next Action View, Ordered by Context

Hope this system helps anybody out there. Any questions fell free to ask.
alexandremrj_2

Posted Oct 26, 2010 in: How to flag items as 'next actions'?
"Publishing your to-do list as an iCal subscription will allow Google Calendar, Apple's iCal, or many other calendar programs to stay synchronized with your Toodledo account."

I don't have a Mac also, I can see my tasks in Google Calendar (personal) or Outlook (work) because I add a new calendar - the Toodledo one.

I tried this before but didn't fit my GTD methodology but you can place start date and due date in your tasks and have them appear in your calendar.
alexandremrj_2

Wait,

I have my toodledo items in my calendar, in the start date I specified (I don't use due date on toodledo and use only the start date to know when I added them - usefull mostly in the waiting part), and that is easy.

Justo go to iCal and then All Others and place it as a web calendar in your Outlook (I use Outlook 2007).

For me the calendar is sacred and its the hard landscape - A deadline may appear in the calendar (with a reminder a day or a week before) but the task itself is in my next action list.
alexandremrj_2

Score: -1
I use toodledo with GTD on every part of my life, personal and profissional, and I use Outlook at work (requirement).

What GTD says is that you only have in your calendar the things you must really do on that day (day specific-in outlook I use as an all day or hour specific), so to drag a task where you want to work it is not supposed to be in your calendar, it goes in your next action list.

So, I recommend put the action you must do in your next action list, even if it is the only one. My tasks don't have a due date in TD, if it must be done is in my next action list and the due date is in the Outlook or Personal calendar.
alexandremrj_2

Posted Oct 26, 2010 in: Translators Needed
I would like to volunteer for work with a European Portuguese Translation
alexandremrj_2

Posted Oct 26, 2010 in: Access to everyone's posts
Sometimes you like a system from somebody and you want to see different answers for more details or you like their opinions.
Because this is a public forum and there is nothing to hide this allows for most of the people to know each other and follow different discussions.
alexandremrj_2

Posted Oct 25, 2010 in: How to flag items as 'next actions'?
I would like to share my GTD system that I'm currently using:

Folders: Projects like "Things to Read" or "Big Work Project with lots of things" ou even subprojects whose big project is a Goal

Context: "Office Desk", "Office Building", "Home", "Outside", "Shopping"

Status: "Next Action" for the real todos, "Active" for todos that are not a next action, "Reference" for those small things to remember, and so on.

My big projects are a Folder, those small projects I use Proximo's setup that are:
+For the main subject
-Main: Subtask

I have my goals filled out and part of my weekly review, but to stop clutering my TD I disabled them from the main window.

Hope this helps. Any questions just ask.
alexandremrj_2

Posted Oct 25, 2010 in: Too much work for too little value
Hi,

I've been using Toodledo for some time now, and it took that time to refine the system.
The one thing I noted was that I had to start my TD session as entering GTD for the first time, that means, processing everything in my Inbox as new, not as part of a system that I had.
So, disable all the fields that you don't need and also fields that you think will come in handy some day (when that day comes then you will add them).
Now that the system is in full swing i stopped seeing beyond the first priority and that is what i recomend you.
alexandremrj_2

Posted Oct 22, 2010 in: Writing app for Symbian and Maemo
Hi,

I'm using a Nokia 5530 (S60 5th Edition) so if you need testing just say so.

The best feature is the offline possibility.
alexandremrj_2

Posted Sep 30, 2010 in: New task defaults
At least when I try to sort by date/time, and the date is the same then they start sorting by timer
alexandremrj_2

Posted Sep 30, 2010 in: New task defaults
I currently use the start date and time in my tasks as the time and date I added them to my system.
This way I can see how old a task is when I review my setup and see what is more urgent to follow-up - if there is any way to see the age of a task please let me know.

My question is: is there a way to make the default new task show the current time (the date part is solved) when the task is created?

all the best

Alex
alexandremrj_2

I'm relatively new to Toodledo but i'm using it as "Is it actionable" part of GTD.

My inbox is a Post-It note on my cellphone, yellow for work, blue for Other (Home or supermarket).

This way i only need to go to one place to process it all, and do all the 2 minute ideas before they entering the system. This way my processing is a bit further than simply sorting everything in Toodledo.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10