ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
alexandremrj_2

Posted Dec 17, 2010 in: subtasks only go down one level?
Score: 0
My 2 cents,

For me more levels of subtasks isn't productive because I use my action list as Next Action, I wouldn't mind task dependecy but that is a different ball game.

More levels of substasks feels more like project planning than the purpose of toodledo - a todo list
alexandremrj_2

Posted Dec 14, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo Focus
It is resolved,

thank you very much
alexandremrj_2

Posted Dec 14, 2010 in: search and status
The problem here seems to lye on the status search:
Is not Waiting then it is Someday
Is not Someday then it is Waiting
alexandremrj_2

Posted Dec 13, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo Focus
The style is very good looking and very functional.

Minor issue with me is the note field that, when emailed, the text is all becoming running text instead of formated.
alexandremrj_2

Posted Dec 08, 2010 in: Two Beginner Questions:
Why not export your folder @work to an RSS reader in the office for your staff. That way you are the only one with acess and the office staff can only read your tasks in the folders specified.
alexandremrj_2

Posted Dec 01, 2010 in: Emailing attachements
You have to program outlook to forward messages as inline instead of attachment. This way you have the email as body and the files attached only to the forward mail.
alexandremrj_2

Posted Nov 26, 2010 in: Postponed vs Hold
Score: 1
Hi,

I use status, and for me the "postponed" is being delayed, like when my boss says that this that we are working should be postponed to next week - this is different from someday because a task is defined and I have a date of when to pick it up again.
The "hold" is more near the canceled, somebody told you to stop until...

This works for me because I have a job where this happens, so its intuitive instead of stopping to think about it. My advice is to see if you really need it, an if it doesn't make complete sense to you then don't use it.

One way of seeing something that you started is placing a start date or to start the timer. That way you will always know inside the next actions what are the incompletes.
alexandremrj_2

Posted Nov 25, 2010 in: Priorities vs Statuses
I don't use priority.

I use status, folder, context and added date.
alexandremrj_2

Posted Nov 25, 2010 in: Curiosity -- How much do you Topodledo?
Score: 2
1. Strict (i think)
2. 150 tasks in all toodledo
3. 60 tasks are active, 15 next actions, @workcomputer 40 tasks
4. I dont use tags
5. Don't know, if they have dates then they are in the calendar
5. I have someday tasks that are not really defined, so I place them here
alexandremrj_2

Posted Nov 10, 2010 in: Windows Phone 7 sync
Hello,

I got an WP7 and it syncs my contacts, mail and calendar from google.
alexandremrj_2

Posted Nov 08, 2010 in: Timezone changed
What is this Toodledo?

Portugal changed in the weekeend of 30/31 of October and I had to change my hour in Toodledo. Now I see that because the hour changed in US I have to change my settings again - what is going on here?
alexandremrj_2

Posted Nov 06, 2010 in: Scheduled Time gets wrong in iCal
Hello,

when was the Dayligh Savings time in your area? Did you updated your hour here in Toodledo?
alexandremrj_2

Posted Nov 04, 2010 in: Timezone changed
Hello everyone,

sorry if this is the wrong forum. I noticed today that my timezone changed by one hour.
This last weekend was daylight savings change here in Portugal, and I was convinced that TD would incorporate that change in my settings but that didn't occurred. So I would like to remember everyone to change your timezone when you change the hour, that way preventing some headaches.

All the best
alexandremrj_2

Posted Nov 02, 2010 in: How to flag items as 'next actions'?
Score: 1
@etanafinkler:
The "Slim" website is Toodledo optimized for small screens.

http://www.toodledo.com/slim

Using your example I have:
Folder: Home Eno
Inside that folder I would have:
Task: +Granite for Countertop - Status "Planning"
Subtask: -Granite: Pick Color for granite - Status "Next Action"
Subtask: -Granite: Check store prices for granite - Status "Active"
Subtask: -Granite: Phone contractor N:xxx xxx - Status "Active"

When you are checking status "Next Action" you are only seeing the first one, when you finish it you go to the project and pass the second from "Active" to "Next Action"
alexandremrj_2

Posted Nov 01, 2010 in: How Long?
Payments usually take a few minutes to be processed, but they may sometimes take up to 24 hours. If you have paid via an eCheck through PayPal, the funds must clear your bank before PayPal notifies us of the purchase. This takes about as long as a regular check (4-7 days).
alexandremrj_2

Posted Nov 01, 2010 in: How to flag items as 'next actions'?
Score: -1
etanafinkler, next actions are status not contexts, are you sure the sync is correct?

When you use the slim website and the start page is status, do you see your next actions?

Or are you simply having trouble defining what are your next actions?

If it is the first then there was a syncing problem, if it's the second then you need to process everything you got before defining what is action, and in that what is the next action.

Sorry if I misunderstood your post

P.S: I got my GTD setup on: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/8109/0/my-gtd-setup.html
alexandremrj_2

Posted Oct 29, 2010 in: How Do You Handle Birthdays?
I use my calendar for time-specific events, like birthdays, because that is an event. When I'm doing my weekly review I need to see my calendars two weeks in advance to know if there is something I need to prepare, like buying a gift.
The minute I need to do something then I need to create a task, but for all those persons that you must say happy birthday but you don't need a gift then you need only to check your calendar on that day.
alexandremrj_2

I agree with the customizable status but this will be almost the same field as tags, so you can almost leave the status as is and have a tab for tags.
alexandremrj_2

Posted Oct 28, 2010 in: Problem with Firefox
I'm using firefox 3.6.11 in Windows 7 and I see no problem. What extensions are you using?
alexandremrj_2

Posted Oct 28, 2010 in: Toodledo With a View
By default: "Some tasks are hidden by default. If your task has negative priority, occurs more than 6 months in the future or has been completed, it will be hidden. You can always reveal these tasks by using the filters near the top of the screen."

So this filter that hides one of your tasks has negative priority (so it must not be important) or occurs really long in the future (so not immediate).

But if you deactivate the filters the first time then:
"Toodledo also remembers your sort and filter settings for each view, and retains them for the next time that you visit."
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next