ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by SES21"
SES21

Posted Jan 07, 2016 in: Parent field for Subtasks
Score: 0
  • SES21
  • Posted: Jan 07, 2016
  • Score: 0
Yeah, but I don't like my subtasks indented so I'd have to change it every time. Takes fewer steps to just refresh it than to turn that on & back off again.
SES21

Posted Jan 07, 2016 in: Request: Make search bar stick
  • SES21
Have you tried using keyboard shortcuts & just pressing f? It will open the search bar & position the cursor so you can just start typing. I use this & then, after clicking elsewhere on the page, press r to refresh the view & clear search.
SES21

• SES21
Not a bad idea, although I can't see myself using it. In the interim, you can use the new "batch edit on every screen" to do that. Slightly more clicks but likely faster than clicking one at a time!
SES21

Posted Jan 06, 2016 in: Parent field for Subtasks
  • SES21
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2016
Jake, unless something has changed recently, if you then click on the icon again to get rid ot the parent (& other subtasks), you wind up with the parent in the view instead of the original subtask. It takes a refresh of the view to get that subtask back again - or at least it does for me. If there's a better way to do all this, please tell me.
SES21

Posted Jan 06, 2016 in: Tasks Redesign (part 5)
  • SES21
Posted by Salgud:
And now for something completely different...

Are those smudges on my TD screen skinny sideways bells, or are they cockroaches? :) I've been pretty positive about and very impressed with the many changes in the TD interface and have had very few complaints. But the cockroaches are kinda creepy! Somebody call an exterminator! At least they're all headed in the same direction, which hopefully means they'll be off my screen by the first of the new year.

I laughed out loud when I read this!

They've changed colors. Do you suppose that means they're dying off? One can only hope they do & something better comes along to take their place!
SES21

Posted Jan 06, 2016 in: Tasks Redesign (part 5)
  • SES21
Posted by c5000nc:
ELIMINATING ONE ROW AT THE TOP:

The new Quick Add Task takes up a whole (rather thick) row, when it could easily...<snip>

What if that row went away all together?

I'd like to see it work something similar to the new Search.

1. Click + (get rid of the words) at the top left or press N if you use KB shortcuts.
2. A row opens up where Quick Add lives today, with the cursor auto-positioned to enter the task title. The field size should be roughly the same as Quick Search & ideally would actually just match the field size you've set for title.
3. If you want to enter more fields (without the new Quick Add tricks), you could click a button at the end of the title, ala Advanced Search, & it would open up for you to fill in any fields across the screen in their normal places, including a note box.
4. Press enter when you're all done & your new task shows up highlighted at the top of your list like it does today!

Simple, space-saving & consistent!
SES21

Posted Jan 05, 2016 in: Android Update 5.8
  • SES21
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2016
@c5000nc

You should be able to show Start Date in the task list. Go into Settings > Meta Information & then you can choose what fields are shown in the list.

I think you can get the views you want by showing Start Date via Meta, then choose an All Tasks view & sort first by Start Date. That should give you dividers by Start Date, too.

Let me know if this helps or at least gets you close. If it doesn't get you all the way there, I might be able to come up with other ideas.
SES21

Score: -1
  • SES21
  • Posted: Nov 22, 2015
  • Score: -1
Cindy, you should already be able to add subtasks. Long press on a task & choose "Add Subtask." Does that not work for you? You should also be able to delete subtasks, just like you can delete any other task.
SES21

• SES21
  • Posted: Nov 22, 2015
Jake, it's not just Android 6; I have the same issue on 4.2.2.

Vinny, have you noticed if it only happens on tasks that are subtasks or (not) repeating or ?? Is it only when you edit Start Date or other fields, too? I've been trying to figure out if there's a specific trait that's common. I'll try harder now that I know Jake & crew haven't been able to reproduce it!
SES21

Posted Nov 21, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 4)
Score: 1
  • SES21
  • Posted: Nov 21, 2015
  • Score: 1
Posted by Jake:
SNIP ... We may make the default size taller in the future, but in the meantime, in all web browsers except Internet Explorer, you can resize the note editing text box to be whatever size you want by dragging the bottom right corner of the box.

You can resize it to be whatever height you want, not size. Any chance of making it so we can truly resize it wider & not just taller? I know what you said about long text boxes & all that but the small edit box still drives me nuts! That bottom right corner of the box trick normally goes both directions but not in this case...
SES21

Posted Oct 13, 2015 in: Breadcrumb Bar Update (part 3)
  • SES21
  • Posted: Oct 13, 2015
Posted by c5000nc:
Posted by c5000nc:
It looks great but I hope this means full Search capability is coming to the Breadcrumb Bar so we don't have to open the left side and close it to do a full Search AND see the right side scroll bar.

Thanks!

Thanks Jake, for adding the New Search button at the top of Search in the Breadcrumb Bar!!! Maybe it was there all along and I didn't notice.

Maybe I'm just being thick-headed but what are you talking about that's different?
SES21

Posted Oct 09, 2015 in: Location Alarms
Score: 1
  • SES21
  • Posted: Oct 09, 2015
  • Score: 1
Jake,

I have Start Date set for more than a year away with a Due Date a few weeks after that & I get location alarms every time I go near the place! I'm on Android. Do I need to submit a support ticket on this?
SES21

Score: 2
  • SES21
  • Score: 2
If you're talking about the Android mobile app, you're not doing anything wrong. I reported this bug already, they've duplicated it & got it on the list of fixes needed.

If you're on iOS, however, all bets are off & you're on your own because I can't help with that!

This message was edited Oct 09, 2015.
SES21

Posted Oct 09, 2015 in: Optional Due Date behavior
  • SES21
@cj

They do show up the next day but ONLY IF you set them to repeat! If not, then they are deleted when they aren't completed on the due date.
SES21

Posted Oct 09, 2015 in: Optional Due Date behavior
  • SES21
Try using a Start Date in conjunction with the optional Due Date & set the dates the same. Then you could hide future tasks & it won't show until its Start Date arrives. When you complete it (or not), the Start Date will move forward with the Due Date. Alternatively, you could consider using a Date view for your tasks.
SES21

• SES21
Jake, I hope you'll make it an option whether to see it or not. Although I wouldn't mind if the message itself is smaller, I like having it there & the fact that I can click it & see those older subtasks!
SES21

• SES21
  • Posted: Sep 30, 2015
Just a SWAG but how about using _
SES21

Posted Sep 30, 2015 in: Resize columns?
  • SES21
They're still there, the icons have just changed. Scroll all the way to the right & look for the <--> symbol in the column header row. You can also collapse the ribbon to gain horizontal space if you don't use it that much.

You might also consider moving the Notes icon to the left side of the row closer to the Task Title. If so, Account Settings > General Settings tab > Tasks section > Display Preferences > Show note & file attachment icons on left (attachments only if paid subscriber). I have mine on the left, even though I don't have the scroll issue, & it's much easier to tell which tasks have notes/attachments than looking side to side!
SES21

• SES21
With all the changes being done & the age of that other post, it might be worth asking Jake if this limitation still exists...
SES21

Posted Sep 30, 2015 in: Rolling Due Date
  • SES21
For Jake's complete explanation, see https://www..toodledo.com/info/help.php#119

I use the optional recurring setup a good bit for things that I don't have to do but they have to be done on a certain date, like weekly trash day. I also use it for 1-2 floating tasks to bug me to do them daily, just so I see them & can set an alarm for them. It's not hard to set up &, once done, it takes nothing to maintain. When it's time to cease, you have to remove the recurrence but that's all. I just killed off a monthly optional today!

I'd get rid of a lot of other Due Dates & simply use Start Date alarms, if we had them, to just remind me of many recurring tasks but instead I use the Due After > modifier on those & live with them often being overdue.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next