ForumsNewsToodledo Redesign - July 2011

Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
pwwroa

Posted: Jul 27, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Thank you, thank you, thank you. It was really needed! Looks great and I a sure the more I use it the faster it will be.
marcalanlove

Score: -1 Reference
Fan-bloody-tastic! A massive improvement. It seems the "clutter" (i.e. stuff I didn't really use day-to-day) has been hidden away which I'm very happy about!
Mike

Score: 2 Reference
I like the new design and I understand that that it is "mostly" done with small changes to come.

However, I'm really not loving the grey. it is so utilitarian. I was using a Stylish Theme http://userstyles.org/styles/41218/toodledo-macosx and to go from that view back to the grey is a bit of a shocker at first.

Hopefully, styles and color aren't too far off in the future. maybe you could consider that style I linked above as an option?

Again, love the changes - miss color though. Patiently waiting to see next design changes.

This message was edited Jul 27, 2011.
maxwell546

I'll add my voice to those asking for skinning/themes restored quickly. For the last year+ I've been using a slightly customized version of the Helvetica skin, and reverting back to the "stock" style is a huge loss of visual information, very quickly removing the scannability of my list.

What would be great is if you guys built in a native way to alter specific attributes of the display. Specifically, I'd suggest:
- Task color based on due date (due soon, due today, overdue, stale)
- Task color based on priority

I wonder how difficult it would be to add a few user-controlled options for these things?
JCLATWORK

What a very pleasant surprise to log in just now! My first impression is very good indeed. Thanks so much!
ScottMNC

Yesterday I was pretty upset about the color changes, because I had used Stylish and my own tweaks to come up with a style that worked perfectly for me. Today as as I was working with the "Folders" on the left sidebar, I realized what an improvement the new layout is over the old one. While I still wish there were more options to adjust colors, I appreciate the work you did to improve the functionality. My current wishlist is:
1. Create a view that does not require horizontal scrolling
2. Create color/background/font/border options for due dates, priority and context - color preference is so subjective that you will never satisfy all users with one color scheme. I'm hoping that the tech savvy users will create some new schemes in Stylish, but it would be really, really cool if we end-users could change colors ourselves fairly easily.
3. Fix the printing problem. While using Chrome and Android help me save trees, there are times when I would like to print a list that I can share or write on.
Thanks for trying to improve things! Wish congress could do the same!
mununky

Score: 0 Reference
it *looks* nice, but i'm finding it very difficult to use. i can no longer tab over while adding a task to modify the folder, due date, and priority. i have to add the task, then edit it to use those functions. i have no idea how to add a note to the task. priority levels aren't hilighted or bold, and the flat greyscale makes me think all the tasks are completed when i first glance. i've wasted my entire morning trying to figure out how to use the new format (i mean, there's GOT to be an intuitive way to set due dates, folder, and priority right?! it CAN'T actually be that one needs to edit each task... RIGHT?!?!). i have a headache now. coffee time.
gothick

Score: 3 Reference
Posted by mununky:
it *looks* nice, but i'm finding it very difficult to use. i can no longer tab over while adding a task to modify the folder, due date, and priority. i have to add the task, then edit it to use those functions.

Did you -- like me, first of all -- miss that "Add Task" is actually a button, not just a heading? Click it and you'll be able to use the full, tab-througable "add task" form instead of adding a quick task and editing it.

If so, maybe this is something for the designers to take on board -- the "Add Task" button doesn't look "buttony" enough; from the looks of it, it could easily just be a heading for the "quick add" textbox.

coolfire77

Awesome redesign there dudes! I love it! And long may Toodledo do great stuff! :)
hikingmonk

Excellent redesign. Looking forward to more color customization.

My only nit is that Click for Actions icon stands out too much.
mununky

Score: 3 Reference
oh my god gothick YES i did miss that!!! wow i suck, lol.

okay, well my main & biggest issue is now invalid. would still like to see hilighted priorities, but i can live without it.

thank you so much for pointing out the button.
adamsjw2

I too like the new look but on the old setup I had folder tabs across the top--Inbox, Next Action, etc. How do I get these back? If I can't where will my folders be displayed?
TIA
Jim in KY

Update * I found what I was looking for.

cspence

Great Job - much easier to use. Agree with comments on color, but it sounds like this is coming.

Given that this is in Ajax, another great option would be allow the user to drag and drop into a new area to change the assignment (especially useful with the choices down the left. It could apply to any of the choices, but here are some examples. You could:

- Drag and drop to change status from "active" to "next"
- Drag and drop to change the due date (drop into new date on calendar)
- Drag and drop between categories
- Drag and drop to change/add new tags

Should have a lot of new, highly improved functionality and new usability using AJAX.

Another option would be to have a button to do a multi-edit. You could then choose multiple tasks at once and then drag all of them to make a change (see above for examples)

Great Job. Looking forward to the next level of improvements

exotherm

Posted by emontellese:
First off -- love the redesign!

One request though -- can the quick-add box take the special syntax that the email import does? This would make it faster to quickly add new tasks without having to tab through the options.

https://www.toodledo.com/info/help_email.php

+1 here, adding syntax support to quick add would be great!
ldkha1402

love it! great job! should have an official app for android!
karin.rosner

I love you, Jake. Would you please clean my apartment? Thanks. ;) I would love to change the color scheme, and hide the sidebar until needed.
aalexg

I'm looking at it in Chrome. First look impression is that it's fantastic. Now to actually use it...
jochen.hermes

Hi.

Excellent job. It looks better and is esier to work with.

But there is problem I see on IE and Firefox: 1) The task view is to broad to be displayed 2) the task list does not fill the screen hight, so that I've empty space under the list although not all tasks are displayed..

Before, it was a real advantage, that I could size the toodledo window very small on the screen and still see the list properly. This advantage has gone...

Thx
JCLATWORK

Score: 1 Reference
I forgot to add that I appreciated the "warning" about the userscript I had enabled. That showed a lot of thought for your customers.
robert.provencal

Super awesome interface! Actually considered switching to another service because I thought you guys were a bit dated. Even though I haven't noticed a lot of functional change with the new design, I'm now totally committed to ToodleDo as my Task Management System. Funny how a little redesign goes a long way to keeping loyal customers.

Only drawback is that it would have been nice to get an email of the new redesign instead of seeing it just when I started up ToodleDo.

Great job overall!!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.