ForumsNewsToodledo Redesign - July 2011

Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
pg_3

Posted: Aug 03, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Yes, it doesn't fit on small screens. Nice in the old version to minimize the left frame.

Also, the colors are hard to read. Can you give users some control (maybe schemes, including the old color scheme).
ddcarter

Posted: Aug 04, 2011
Score: -1 Reference
Wonderful improvements.
tobyarnoldsmail

Posted: Aug 04, 2011
This is amazing - I never realised the problems I had with the old TD until they went away. I'm having a brilliant, productive week. Thanks guys.

Is anyone else having problems with the notepad though? It occasionally crashes Firefox and IE6, and its just crashed IE8 as well. It always kills Safari on the IPad as well. I cant work out what's going on though.

My other thought on notepad - I can write basic HTML to format the text myself. Maybe a future release could include a basic editor so that I dont have to?
janeswriting

Posted: Aug 07, 2011
I think it looks great - very professional.
Neeraj Arora

Posted: Aug 09, 2011
I can't see images and Checkbox etc ni IE8. Effectively, I can't use it. please fix this asap. This is a great tool otherwise. Thanks
jmgraf

This is a redesign to be sure, but I am not ready to call it an improvement. I miss the ability to change colors. I miss the horizontal dividers that grouped by priority. And I am finding bugs such as the inability to hit "today" in Firefox and have it work.

I think some better software QA procedures are in order.
Salgud

Score: -2 Reference
Posted by jmgraf:
This is a redesign to be sure, but I am not ready to call it an improvement. I miss the ability to change colors. I miss the horizontal dividers that grouped by priority. And I am finding bugs such as the inability to hit "today" in Firefox and have it work.

I think some better software QA procedures are in order.

In the settings, there's a new setting for "Row Style". Did you look at that before posting?

The "Today" works fine for me in FF5.

How about sorting your list by priority? That might help with the "missing" dividers.

Then, you could pull your head out...
Nevermind.

This message was edited Aug 09, 2011.
ataffel

Score: 0 Reference
Posted by Salgud:
Then, you could pull your head out...
Nevermind.

Ouch, harsh.
jmgraf

Score: 0 Reference
Salgud -- I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I have looked at the row settings, and I do not see any way to enable the horizontal divisions that existed before. Sorting by priority works -- sort of. It provides divisions by priority, but does not have the granularity that existed previously. I used to have "levels" that were numbered from (I think) 10 down to 1.

I am using FF3. I may upgrade at a later date and perhaps that will fix the issue of clicking the "today" and "tomorrow" links. But I never saw any browser compatibility requirements for the site.

Finally, I don't get excited or insulted easily, so if it makes you feel better or somehow superior to try an make me look stupid, help yourself!
Folke X

@jmgraf:
I think you may be referring to "Importance". If you sort by Importance, you get the kind of granularity you are talking about. In Toodledo, Importance is a compound of Priority, Due date and Star.
Salgud

Posted by jmgraf:
Salgud -- I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I have looked at the row settings, and I do not see any way to enable the horizontal divisions that existed before. Sorting by priority works -- sort of. It provides divisions by priority, but does not have the granularity that existed previously. I used to have "levels" that were numbered from (I think) 10 down to 1.

I am using FF3. I may upgrade at a later date and perhaps that will fix the issue of clicking the "today" and "tomorrow" links. But I never saw any browser compatibility requirements for the site.

Finally, I don't get excited or insulted easily, so if it makes you feel better or somehow superior to try an make me look stupid, help yourself!

Sorry if I was unkind. I don't think you looked very carefully or gave much thought before you criticized the new UI.

1) If you're using an outdated browser, you can expect things to not work. No web app is backward compatible forever. When I was force to use IE7 for a while, I had problems with many of the new features at the time, but I didn't blame the developers. They have to move forward, and sometimes that means problems for legacy browser users.

2) You didn't have 10 levels or priorities before, TD only has 5, and it's not customizable, so you're looking at the same dividers when you sort by Priority as you had previously.

3) The new "Row Settings" don't replicate the old settings, they are, at the least, an attempt at improving what was. Some may see them as better, others, like yourself, not so much, but at least look for what is there, and if you can't find it, ask, before you criticize the developers.

I'm growing impatient with those who come in, see the new interface for the first time, look at it for 10 seconds, realize they can't find something they knew how to find before, and post a negative comment here. Your post just happened to catch me in a mood, and was the straw that broke the camel's back. Again, I apologize.
Marcel.Gehlen

Posted: Aug 10, 2011
Posted by Salgud:
Posted by jmgraf:
it provides divisions by priority, but does not have the granularity that existed previously. I used to have "levels" that were numbered from (I think) 10 down to 1.

2) You didn't have 10 levels or priorities before, TD only has 5, and it's not customizable, so you're looking at the same dividers when you sort by Priority as you had previously.

I think what jmgraf meant were the "importance levels", which we had in th old layout and even in the new layout as well until last weekend. The tasks were usually divided by them.

The Importance Level of a task was determined by Prio and Due Date and to me it was quite usefull, hence I miss them quite much.

Is there a way to get them back again?
I did not find anything in the options.

Thank you very much for help.
Folke X

@Marcel: "Importance" is still available as the default sort order in Main, and as an optional sort order under all other views.
Marcel.Gehlen

Posted by Folke_1293790322:
@Marcel: "Importance" is still available as the default sort order in Main, and as an optional sort order under all other views.

Thank you very much. :-)

And here I was searching through the settings :-/ ...
rappleb613

The to do list is too small when printed. Can that be fixed?
pierregouaze

Posted: Aug 11, 2011
great job thanks for the new design.
it looks more modern, and much easier for example for the notebook : folders/notes/content on the same page
it is much easier to edit and save notes.
go on like this!
Nemes1s

Posted: Aug 12, 2011
Wow, this new layout looks a million times better guys!! Also the filters, show options etc make far easier to arrange and organise than the old interface!

I'm looking forward to putting it through it's paces, but first impressions are that you've done an excellent job!

Look forward to sub tasks improvements soon too hopefully! ;)
gaylon

Posted: Aug 12, 2011
Enjoying the upgrade. I'd prefer to not see the sidebar, but it's distracting when it flashes in and out. I liked the arrow to bring it to focus. I very rarely use the sidebar links in any given day, so to me it is wasted real estate. But, no biggie. I'm not getting many takers from my friends. "ToodleDo" sounds like a toy. Which it absolutely is not -- my most-frequently-used app. How about "Executive Get'er-Done'r Tool" ;-)
grayct71

Posted: Aug 15, 2011
The new look is nice, however the system performance took a huge step backward at the same time. It now takes 22 seconds to load my main task list. Along the same lines...it takes about 13 seconds for the new task section to open after clicking the "task" button. I've tried deleting my cookies, temp internet files, etc but that didn't help. Anything I or you can do to improve performance? This system just isn't going to work for me long term if performance remains at this level.

In addition to these two new peformance issues, there are two other performance issues that are still there from the prior version: 1) adding a due date / time takes a long time using the calendar picker...please redesign and 2) it takes a long time to drag and drop a task on another task as a sub-task. And if they are on separate pages it's nearly impossible.

There are a lot of great things about the system, and that's why I use it, but performance has to be there in order for it to be feasible to continue. (I'm an engineer too) Hoping this constructive feedback is useful for all users. Thanks!
cspence

Posted: Aug 15, 2011
I haven't seen any of these performance issues when I open tge redesigned Toodledo (typically use Chrome). Open time is under 2 seconds.

Someone slower with IE8, but nothing like what you are seeing.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.