ForumsNewsToodledo Redesign - July 2011

Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
semyers.shirk

Posted: Aug 16, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
I really like the new design. I've a little slow to add my comments cause it's summer and I've been neglecting my toodledoing. :)

Anyhow, I finally did some serious work with it today. I found it to be much more intuitive than the old design and it really does take fewer clicks to perform an action.

Nicely done!
ifaragestion

Posted: Aug 16, 2011
Score: -1 Reference
¡Fantastico! Muchas gracias, Thank you, I like very much this new layout. Linda
tcbeatie

Posted: Aug 18, 2011
Score: 3 Reference
One feature that I didn't even realize was one that I've lost is the ability to have multiple ToodleDo windows open, maintaining different contexts.

If I have a 'Work' context and open another window, and switch to a 'Home' context, if I go back to the first window and select Tasks, it refreshes as the 'Home' context.

I would love for each browser window to maintain its own context settings.

Thanks!
hans.o.g0

Since the redesign the task view is a mess for me!
It doesn't look like the screenshots.

On the job (still IE6, can't change it) the fields for a new task are not visible, the tasks are below the left menu.

For me it has become almost unusable.
fred659

This is terrific. Appearance and organization make a difference: I WANT to come back to the page to check and organize my todos. Thanks!
thomas

I love the redesign, but the color scheme is killing my eyes. Please bring back the themes, especially the dark theme!
denisvj

Love the new design !
SMiller2002

Posted: Aug 30, 2011
Love the new site! Old site was ugly but effective, this site is much more easier to navigate and I don't mind have it up at the office--blends in with other office applications. Thanks.
brian

Posted: Sep 06, 2011
The redesign seems ok. But this is SLOW, SLOW, SLOW. I used to sort by folder. This is now so slow as to be unusable. Also, how do I store all of my stuff offline in case Toodledo goes away?

Thanks,

Brian
Salgud

Posted: Sep 06, 2011
Posted by brian:
The redesign seems ok. But this is SLOW, SLOW, SLOW. I used to sort by folder. This is now so slow as to be unusable. Also, how do I store all of my stuff offline in case Toodledo goes away?

Thanks,

Brian

If yours is slow, there's something wrong. For most of us, the new version is faster.

As to backing up, go to Tools, Import/Export and pick your poison.
tania_elisha

Posted: Sep 07, 2011
Hi,

Some comments on the upgrade:

1/ I think the old format looked slicker - I had the black ink background which was much better than the dull grey we're forced with now. Can you please allow personalisation of backgrounds once again?

2/ Also, when we prioritise tasks, why does it no longer highlight the task in bold text? This was a great way to quickly see what's important. Can you please bring this feature back?

3/ On chrome, it now also performs much slower than the former version.

4/ Can you pls bring back the auto-hide option again for the left hand menu?

Thanks,
Tania
Folke X

tania_elisha:
2) It is there: check Settings
4) It is there: check Settings

This message was edited Sep 07, 2011.
Arjan Lindeboom

Love the redesign, but there's a strange bug that occurs in Google Chrome for users with the Glue extension.
I can't see the connection between GetGlue and Toodledo, but for some reason all the menu's won't collapse while having this addon activated:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dpbicidggadonjlbkipkbdlodikododi

Is this a problem with the new Toodledo, or is the GetGlue addon the culprit?

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 0 Reference
It is a problem, with GetGlue.
brian

If you try what I'm doing, I'm sure you'll notice the slowness. This is also not the only post on this topic. My database is exactly the same as before. If I click the "Folders" item, it now takes almost a full minute to show my folder list. For the previous version it was almost instantaneous. It's obvious that this is an issue with the new code and not with anything I'm doing. I didn't change what I'm doing, the server did. So which one do you think is at fault? Switching between Main and Folders is extremely sluggish. I've started using a 3rd party tool because this is practically unusable for me.

And I'm an engineer as well.

-- Brian

Posted by Salgud:
Posted by brian:

Thanks,

Brian

If yours is slow, there's something wrong. For most of us, the new version is faster.

As to backing up, go to Tools, Import/Export and pick your poison.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
A very very tiny percentage of our users are reporting slow page loads. We haven't been able to reproduce this on any of our test computers and we haven't been able to figure out what could be causing. If you could create a support ticket and provide some additional information and run some experiments, that would help us out.
brian

Posted by Toodledo:
A very very tiny percentage of our users are reporting slow page loads. We haven't been able to reproduce this on any of our test computers and we haven't been able to figure out what could be causing. If you could create a support ticket and provide some additional information and run some experiments, that would help us out.

I can do this, but what format should I provide the examples in? I'm willing to show my todo list or a subset of it. Should I export this to XML? Should I share my Toodledo account with support? I'm running an extremely fast computer in Win 7 64 bit with 16 Gb RAM and Firefox 6.02. Since the update, aside from switch between the "main" and "folder" views being slow, switching between different folders within the folder view itself is also extremely slow.

-- Brian
brian

Score: -2 Reference
Posted by Toodledo:

Not really "very very tiny." There are at least three posts on this page and more on the previous one that mention slowness. Ignoring the issue won't make it go away. It's better to restore the old interface, work on the speed issues, then put the new one back once the problems are resolved. Ever since the new interface came out, I've been using a third party tool to get around the performance problems. For one, I don't care about cosmetic changes. I care about functionality. If performance is sluggish, nothing else matters.

-- Brian
Salgud

Posted: Sep 08, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
Posted by brian:
Posted by Toodledo:

Not really "very very tiny." There are at least three posts on this page and more on the previous one that mention slowness. Ignoring the issue won't make it go away. It's better to restore the old interface, work on the speed issues, then put the new one back once the problems are resolved. Ever since the new interface came out, I've been using a third party tool to get around the performance problems. For one, I don't care about cosmetic changes. I care about functionality. If performance is sluggish, nothing else matters.

-- Brian

ROFLMAO!
brian

Posted: Sep 08, 2011
Score: -11 Reference
ROFLMAO!

You are oh so very helpful. Do you work for Apple where they sweep problems under the rug and hope they go away until a critical mass of users complains? I don't take well to snide comments, Mr. know it all.

- Brian
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.