ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
keef

Posted Oct 15, 2008 in: 0.9.9.0 Installation error on Win XP
Score: 0
  • keef
  • Posted: Oct 15, 2008
  • Score: 0
This indicates that there is most likely an issue with your windows installation.
The first thing that you can try and do is to manuall start the Windows installer server. You can do this through

Start Menu - > Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services. Look for the Windows Installer service and start it if it isn't running.

If this doesn't work you can try downloading and reinstalling the windows installer from Microsoft.

I'd also make sure that your platform is up to date and that you have used Windows Update to install all recommended hotfixes and service packs

cheers

keef
keef

• keef
  • Posted: Oct 14, 2008
Synchronizing items from the To Do list will not be supported.

This is because Outlook marks any object with a pending action as a Todo item and this includes mail. The Toodledosync application only understands how to process Outlook tasks and therefore will not be able to process the other items. Adding this functionality would pretty much double the size of the code base and this isn't something that I have the bandwidth to do, sorry.

keef
keef

Posted Oct 14, 2008 in: Everything Works Except...
  • keef
  • Posted: Oct 14, 2008
Please make sure that your timezone is set up correctly in the Toodledo account settings. If that doesn;t work try forcing a full sync from the Diagnostics panel
keef
keef

• keef
  • Posted: Oct 12, 2008
At the moment the client only supports the default Tasks folder, I'm afraid.

keef

This message was edited Oct 12, 2008.
keef

• keef
  • Posted: Oct 10, 2008
Ok, I see your point, but in my experience most people who have Outlook keep it running all the time anyway.

I'll have to think about this one. In the mean time I'd just disable the automatic sync if I were you.

keef

This message was edited Oct 10, 2008.
keef

• keef
  • Posted: Oct 10, 2008
Not at the moment, although the client should automatically start an instance of outlook to run the sync anyway.

Why would you need this?
keef
keef

Posted Oct 07, 2008 in: Outlook Tasks Don't Sync to Toodledo
  • keef
  • Posted: Oct 07, 2008
Posted by zobell:
I am having the same issue. I do not have any default contexts. I have downloaded the latest version, uninstalled old version, even rebooted, reinstalled - but I am not getting any of my existing tasks through.

They were all there - now they are gone. If I add a new one - it does show up.

Any suggestions?

What happens if you edit an existing tasks. Does the update get sent?

If you are still having problems mail me a trace log at developer(at)chromadrake.com and I'll try and help you out

This message was edited Oct 07, 2008.
keef

Posted Oct 05, 2008 in: Outlook Tasks Don't Sync to Toodledo
  • keef
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2008
Thanks, but to be fair most paid tools will have less release bugs because they can afford testers, beta programs etc. I really appreciate the patience that you guys show when I make a mistake - especially as I know that task syncing has a huge impact on people's daily productivity :)

keef

This message was edited Oct 05, 2008.
keef

• keef
The 'outlook proxy' is an internal library that the application uses to communicate with Outlook. The error seems to be occurring because thi slibrary cannot initialise a connection with Outlook unless it is already running.

This is most likely an environmental/platform issue on your PC. My prime suspects would be anti-virus, spyware or firewall products blocking the launch of the Outlook process. Another alternative could be that you have another applicaiton that is interfacing with Outlook which is blocking my app from working.

Does the problem still exist if you log in as an administrator?

keef
keef

Posted Oct 05, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.9.0 is Available
  • keef
A new version of the Outlook Synchronization Client for Toodledo is available at http://www.chromadrake.com

This version fixes a serious bug introduced in the last release

* Fixed a bug where the sync would fail on a new Outlook task with when trying to set a default context when no contexts exist
* Fixed a bug where the 'set default context' option was enabled by default
* Fixed a big where the context settings where not reset correctly when contexts were added/removed from Toodledo

As a reminder, make surethat you use the following procedure to upgrade:

Shut down the old version of the application
Uninstall the old version (this is NOT done automatically)
Download and install the new version.

keef

There is an RSS feed for news about this software http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/rss/newsfeed.xml
keef

Posted Oct 05, 2008 in: Outlook Tasks Don't Sync to Toodledo
  • keef
Posted by chetan:
I'm having the same issue with a task created in Outlook not syncing with Toodledo.

Here's the problem trace info:
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : TaskProcessor:createTaskFromTaskItem(): creating Toodledo task from Outlook Task [Proposal for Mount Storm]
SyncApp.exe Warning: 0 : SynchLib: processContextStates() Error processing item Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at SynchLib.TaskProcessor.setDefaultTaskContext(Task task, TaskItem item)
at SynchLib.TaskProcessor.updateTaskFromTaskItemInternal(Task task, TaskItem taskItem)
at SynchLib.TaskProcessor.createTaskFromTaskItem(TaskItem taskItem)
at SynchLib.StateCreatedOnOutlook.Process()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.processContextStates(List`1 contexts)

This issue seems to be related to the new default context option. Do you have any contexts set up on Toodledo?
Have you tried playing with the default context option to see if things improve?
keef

Edit: I've released a new version that should fix the cause of this. Sorry for stuff up
keef

This message was edited Oct 05, 2008.
keef

Posted Oct 03, 2008 in: Outlook Tasks Don't Sync to Toodledo
  • keef
  • Posted: Oct 03, 2008
Thanks for the feedback.

I think most upgrade issues are caused by people not uninstalling the older version first. I need to do some research to overcome this requirement - hopefully I can fix this in a future release.

keef
keef

Posted Oct 03, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.9 is Available
  • keef
As a reminder, make surethat you use the following procedure to upgrade:

Shut down the old version of the application
Uninstall the old version (this is NOT done automatically)
Download and install the new version.

Please ensure that you have performed these steps before reporting any issues.

cheers

keef
keef

Posted Oct 03, 2008 in: Outlook Tasks Don't Sync to Toodledo
  • keef
What version of the client are you running? Please make sure that you are using the latest version.

keef
keef

Posted Oct 02, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.9 is Available
  • keef
  • Posted: Oct 02, 2008
A new version of the Outlook Synchronization Client for Toodledo is available at http://www.chromadrake.com

This version fixes several bugs and adds some new features

* Added partial support for recurring tasks.
Each new instance of a recurring Outlook task will now correctly update the initial Toodledo task that was created for the first instance.
Each new instance of a recurring Toodledo task will now correctly update the initial Outlook task that was created for the first instance
* Added an option for new Toodledo tasks to be created in a default context
* Added a 'last resort' recovery option to clear all synchronization records
* Added additional debugging and a potential fix for a bug where authorization errors occur after 2-3 sync cycles
* Fixed a bug where Toodledo tasks would not go back to incomplete if the Outlook task was completed then resumed

keef

There is an RSS feed for news about this software http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/rss/newsfeed.xml
keef

Posted Sep 25, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.8 is Available
  • keef
  • Posted: Sep 25, 2008
So, does that means the error occurs on average once every 24 hours - or is it more frequent?

keef
keef

Posted Sep 24, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.8 is Available
  • keef
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2008
This seems to be a bug introduced in the new release I'm afraid.

The authentication issues may be due to the fact that I've increased the token cache time in line with a recent update to the Toodledo API. Can anyone give me an idea of how long it takes for this issue to crop up after the application is started?

Also, instead of restarting the application does re-entering your account details in the Account panel fix the issue?
keef
keef

Posted Sep 24, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.6 is Available
  • keef
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2008
This is most likely due to a network issue such the the presence of a firewall or proxy server on your network. You can try looking at your internet explorer settings to see if it is using a proxy.
Alternatively, the problem may also be a locally installed firewall/anti-virus product. This may be blocking the application from accessing Toodledo
keef
keef

Posted Sep 23, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.8 is Available
  • keef
  • Posted: Sep 23, 2008
Are you trying to use your Toodledo login instead of the unique ID that appeaars in the account settings panel?
Another common mistake is that people accidentally copy a space or two when they cut and paste the unique ID from the web site.
Failing that, there may be more information in the trace log file,
C:\Program Files\Chromatic Dragon\Toodledo Sync Application\syncapp.log
keef
keef

Posted Sep 23, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.8 is Available
  • keef
  • Posted: Sep 23, 2008
Did you upgrade without first shutting down and unistalling the previous version?
Try this:
Close the app
Uninstall it
Reboot
Download and resinstall the latest version.

keef
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21      Next