ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
keef

Score: 0
  • keef
  • Posted: Jul 30, 2008
  • Score: 0
This might be better posted in the 'Questions' group, as this is a general Toodledo question rather than one related to a developed tool.

keef
keef

• keef
yes, at the moment the truncated note will overwrite the complete note in outlook if a change is made to the toodledo task.

I think a better long term solution is to make the sync of truncated notes from Toodledo to Outlook an opt in option. I'll change the tool to require the user to check an option for outlook notes larger than the truncation size to be modified from a toodledo task body.

This will stop the truncated notes from being synched back and causing a data loss, but will of course mean that changes to the toodledo task note will not be reflected in outlook.

I'll also look into adding the truncation warning into the note body

keef

This message was edited Jul 30, 2008.
keef

Posted Jul 30, 2008 in: Sync Error With Long Notes
  • keef
Hmm. I set the truncation length for notes to 4096 bytes. This is obviously still too large for some edit commands to I'll need to reduce it in a future release.
keef
keef

• keef
Apparently Outlook 2007 users in a stand alone environment (ie not connected to Exchange) may be able to get around the security prompt by playing around with the Trust Center (Tools | Trust Center ) settings.

Can anyone confirm this?

keef
keef

Posted Jul 30, 2008 in: Outlook Client E_NOINTERFACE issue
  • keef
OK, i've had a second confirmation that this fix has resolved the problem, so I guess we can close this one off.

keef
keef

Posted Jul 30, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.2 is available
  • keef
A new version of the Outlook Synchronization Client for Toodledo is available at http://www.chromadrake.com

This update fixes some bugs that have been reported

- E_NOINTERFACE error when synching due to non-task items in the Outlook tasks folder
- user configuration corruption caused by autolaunch of application
- synchronization failure with very long Outlook task bodies

Some release notes:

1) You are strongly encouraged to backup your Toodledo and Outlook tasks before using this client. This software is still experimental. I recommend using the the File->Import/Export option in Outlook.
2)Please shut down and uninstall the old version of the client before upgrading to this version
3) The diagnostic traces are very detailed and may contain sensitive information. Please do not post diagnostic traces to the forums. If you encounter an issue, you are welcome to mail the traces to me at developer(at)chromadrake.com
4) ***WARNING*** The application will now truncate any Outlook task note longer than 2048 bytes when sending it to Toodledo.
keef

Posted Jul 29, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.0 is available
  • keef
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2008
I've started a new thread for the E_NOINTERFACE thing as it seems to be affecting quite a few people.
keef

Posted Jul 29, 2008 in: Outlook Client E_NOINTERFACE issue
  • keef
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2008
I thought I had better start a dedicated thread for this, as this issue is affecting quite a few people (hi to all the iPhone users!).

The bad news is that there is no fix yet, and I need some help pinning down the root cause.

I am currently working under the assumption that this issue is caused by the application choking on a non-task item object that has somehow found it's way into the Tasks folder. Apparently in Outlook you can't assume that any given folder will only contain a single type of object.

If you are experiencing this issue and you know that you have non-task items in your task folder please let me know what they are! I can't seem to reproduce this issue which is making it very hard to resolve.

To help me out, could those people who are experiencing this problem please post here with
- Your operating system
- Your outlook version
- Whether your Outlook client is stand-alone or is part of an Exchange environment
- Any ideas you might have about non Task Items living in your tasks folder

For the record, I think I have eliminated these root causes:
- Number of tasks in your task folder
- Missing primary interop assemblies.

keef
keef

Posted Jul 28, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.0 is available
  • keef
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2008
Hmm, well it doesn't appear the number of tasks then (at least in your case).

The only other things I can think of so far are

a) There is no interface to talk to. You need to make sure the Office Primary Interop Assemblies that correspond to your version of Outlook are installed. These can be found
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/

b) There is something in your Tasks folder that is not a task item, although I have no idea what this could be.

I'll look into the offline/online angle as well.
keef

• keef
Does this include completed tasks? these often get overlooked.
keef

• keef
Posted by dfink:
I posted this on another topic for an older version:

I am getting the following error with version 0.9.8.1, running outlook 2007:

SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error during synchronization Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.TaskItem'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00063035-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)). at OutlookClientLib.OutlookProxy.GetActiveTaskCategories()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.synchAndRetrieveToodledoFolders()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.performFullSynch(SyncInfo syncinfo)
at SynchLib.SyncTool.synchronizeTasks()
at SyncApp.frmOptions.backgroundWorker1_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

This error is cropping up for a few people, but I don't know the exact cause yet - still investigating I am afraid.

The most likely cause for this is a resource leak in the Outlook .NET API which is being trigged by people with a large number of tasks.

Another issue could be that there is a type of object in the tasks folder that can't be converted to a TaskItem.

How many Outlook tasks do you have?

Keef
keef

Posted Jul 27, 2008 in: Outlook client makes duplicates
  • keef
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2008
Yep, that would do it :) I should have asked if you had the client running on more than one machine.

They way I resolve this myself is to filter the contexts that I sync to different machines. At work I only sync Outlook with my Work related contexts on Toodledo. At home I sync with all the other Contexts. This avoids the kind of synchronization loop that has been causing your issue.

keef

This message was edited Jul 27, 2008.
keef

Posted Jul 26, 2008 in: Outlook client makes duplicates
  • keef
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2008
You are the first person who has reporting this, but there are only 100 or so users of the sync tool at the moment so you still could be experiencing an arcane bug. It just isn't immediately obvious what the issue is.

Does the issue occur in the other direction? ie if you make the new task in Outlook instead of Toodledo?

If you want, you could send me a more detailed trace by enabling the 'Show Traffic' option on the diagnostics panel. It might shed some more light.

keef
keef

Posted Jul 26, 2008 in: is toodledo.com doing fine
  • keef
Hey, I am telling all of my friends about this site. Is there a referral fee ;p ?

keef

This message was edited Jul 26, 2008.
keef

Posted Jul 26, 2008 in: API Query - Repeating Tasks
  • keef
Thanks. I should have checked there first!
keef

• keef
In future could you email the logs, please? The trace files could contain information that you'd rather not publish. Also they are very long and make the thread impossible to read.

That being said, i can an interesting thing from this trace
You created a task called 'test task 3' on Toodledo. Toodledo gave it a unique ID of 3224418 . This task then got created on Outlook.

Later a second task called 'test task 3' was detected. This had a unique toodledo id of 3224422. Because the task ids are different the sync tool treats this as a new task and again writes it to Outlook. From Outlook's point of view there are now duplicate tasks.

Something seems to be changing the id's of your tasks at the web site end and this is confusing the sync app. From my point of view the application is behaving correctly - it treats tasks with different IDs as being different even if they have the same name.

Are you running any other external tools or can you think of anything that could be deleting then recreating tasks on the site?

If you can't think of anything then we might have to raise this with the Toodledo admins. They might be able to tell us why your tasks are changing IDs.

keef
keef

• keef
Hi,

Did you upgrade from a previous version or is did you start with version 0.9.8? This might happen if you ran the client without shutting down and uninstalling an older version - but if that was the case the problem should go away after a reboot.

Have you changed any of the synchronization settings from the defaults?

If you could create a test task in Outlook and then send a copy of the diagnostics trace for a few successive runs of the manual sync to developer(at)chromadrake.com I might be able to help you further.

Cheers

keef
keef

Posted Jul 25, 2008 in: API Query - Repeating Tasks
  • keef
  • Posted: Jul 25, 2008
Hi,

I am looking into adding recurring task support into the Outlook client. Outlook has a bloated recurrence model (which I am still getting my head around) that is going to be hard to map to the simple repeat option.

Could you please give me some more information about the format of the rep_advanced string from the Edit/Add task API:

rep_advanced : A string indicating how you would like the task to repeat if the simple options will not work. For example: "Every Monday".

What options are available here?

Thanks

keef
keef

Posted Jul 25, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.0 is available
  • keef
  • Posted: Jul 25, 2008
Posted by lwbates:
Keef,

Thanks for the app. Finally, Outlook tasks are again useful to me.

Larry

You are welcome! I am glad people are finding it useful.
Keef

This message was edited Jul 25, 2008.
keef

Posted Jul 24, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.0 is available
  • keef
  • Posted: Jul 24, 2008
Posted by cantalinik:
keef, big fan of this sync, I hate the security issue thing but I'll live for now.

Please see the other thread regarding the MicrPledge project about this. Its fixable but I either have to raise the money for a third party library or start charging for the app.

A big problem I have is recurring tasks, I don't know if you already know of the problem. Somewhere in the syncing process between outlook and toodledo something fails.

I don't use recurring tasks so I haven't added this in yet. I'll add this to my task list for the client development.

keef
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21      Next