Search results for "Posted by "
keef

Posted Aug 11, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.3 is Available
Score: 0
  • keef
  • Posted: Aug 11, 2008
  • Score: 0
Ashwin,

The problem is now that there is a new Outlook task which is not being processed correctly. The trace information for a few lines before the error message should show which task. I am not sure why this is happening, but you may be able to work out if there is anything special about the task that is failing.
keef
keef

Posted Aug 10, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.3 is Available
  • keef
  • Posted: Aug 10, 2008
Are you logging in as an admin user?

The trace log should be in the location I indicated above. I fit is not there then the application is not even getting close to starting up. The OS Application event log can be accessed as follows:
Start Menu -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> Application
Look for any errors related to the syncapp and let me kno wif you find anything.

keef
keef

• keef
What OS and Outlook versions are you running? The application requires the following software to be installed to run
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Microsoft Primary Interop Assemblies for Office 2003/2007

Are you running as a user with restricted privileges? Try running as an admin user.

Is there anything in your system Event log that might provide a clue?

Is there anything in the trace log - C:\program files\Chromatic Dragon\Toodledo Sync Application\syncapp.log

keef
keef

Posted Aug 10, 2008 in: Pro Account Tasks/Subtasks and outlook
  • keef
Thanks Gary :)

At the moment the hierarchy is flattened at the Outlook end and child tasks get mapped to regular Outlook task items. There is currently no identification.

I guess I can add a user property to mark child tasks, then you could create a custom view to see property but due to the limits of Outlook that is about as far as I can go. I'll look into this for a future release.

Keef
keef

• keef
It sounds like you installation is corrupt. Uninstall all versions, reboot and then try reinstalling.
keef
keef

• keef
Posted by arkin:
OK, I'm going to try to post the log like I saw someone else do. I am authenticating properly but I get the message during synch that says "Error during synchronization". Here's the log if someone or Keef can help. The error message is in the log at the very end but I don't understand how to read or solve the programming language. Thanks, hopefully.

<lots of stuff>

Friends, please MAIL ME the trace logs unless you want the rest of the world to know what your task list is. I don't bite and I'll usually respond to your mail within 24 hours.

That being said, it looks like you have found a bug, arkin. There is something about the task [Financial - Credit - Gary: Renew Fraud Alerts] that is causing the application to choke.

From looking at the code the most likely culprits would be an issue with the start date or the due date, but that is a guess. try tweaking some values for this task to see if it makes a difference.

keef
keef

• keef
Posted by anagrani_2000:
Keef,

In my trace, I am getting these errors repeatedly. The deserialization error repeats multiple times (around 6 currently).

Ash

It looks like the sync tool is having trouble digesting one of your folder names. Are you using any non alphanumeric characters in these?

keef

This message was edited Aug 10, 2008.
keef

• keef
Posted by anagrani_2000:
Keef,

I just noticed that your app does not sync tasks with subjects having "[" and "]" characters. Is this probably why I'm getting duplicates?

Thanks,

Ashwin

I managed to get these sort of tasks to sync - are you sure of this?

keef
keef

• keef
The most common reason that people get duplicates is that they expect the application to be able to cope with Outlook tasks that have akready been imported into toodledo by some other process, such as a manual import. Currently it can't.

If there are tasks in Toodledo that have been manually created to match tasks in Outlook before the tool is ever run it will treat these tasks as being different. This will cause it to create a new Toodledo tasks because it thinks there is no matching task in Toodledo for an Outlook task that is has detected. It should also create new Outlook tasks to match the new Toodledo tasks.

If possible you should delete the manually created tasks in Toodledo and keep the ones created by the tool.

As always, you are strongly advised to back up all your tasks at both ends before trying this.

keef
keef

Posted Aug 09, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.4 is Available
  • keef
  • Posted: Aug 09, 2008
Hi Phil,
I'll look at making the startup icon deployment an option for the next release.
Keef
keef

• keef
Hi Phil,

In the case where you cant get anything from the GUI there will be a trace log called syncapp.log in the program's installation folder i.e. C:\Program Files\Chromatic Dragon\Toodledo Sync Application\syncapp.log

Please note however that this problem seems to be mostly caused by people not uninstalling the previous version before upgrading. My recommendation is to a) Uninstall all previous versions. b) Reboot c) Install the latest version.

This procedure fixed the issue for spyboy.

keef
keef

• keef
Please mail a diagnostic trace to me [developer(at)chromadrake.com] and I'll try and help you get this sorted.

keef
keef

Posted Aug 09, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.3 is Available
  • keef
For those linking directly to this thread, I have release a new version of the app that should remove the root cause of the issues the last version created.

keef
keef

• keef
Apologies for the debacle of the last release. I have hopefully fixed the 'Object Null Reference' issue that some people were having and I have added some safe guard code to try and ensure the server flooding issue doesn't occur again.

Thanks need to go the the Toodledo admins for their fast response on this. The developer support here is fantastic even when we (okay, I) stuff things up.

As usual, the latest release is available from http://www.chromadrake.com

keef
keef

Posted Aug 08, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.3 is Available
  • keef
  • Posted: Aug 08, 2008
Wow. You can miss a lot in 12 hours it seems. A serious disadvantage of being on the other side of the planet. ( Apologies for not responding to this sooner, but I am in a GMT+8 timezone )

I am working on diagnosing and fixing the load issue now.

keef
keef

Posted Aug 07, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.3 is Available
  • keef
  • Posted: Aug 07, 2008
Hi,

It looks like my application is detecting 4 tasks in your Tasks folder and that 3 of these tasks don't have Subjects. This will most probably create an error when synching with Toodledo. My guess is that there is some old data still floating around that needs cleaning up - or in the worst case there is some sort of corruption of your Outlook data files. Not sure that there is much else I can help you with,as this looks like an Outlook data issue to me at the moment.

keef

This message was edited Aug 07, 2008.
keef

Posted Aug 07, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.3 is Available
  • keef
A new version of the Outlook Synchronization Client for Toodledo is available at http://www.chromadrake.com

This update includes the following changes

- The issue where the application was preventing some machines from shutting down should be fixed
- I've added an option to preserve long Outlook Notes after a Toodledo task with a truncated version is created. With this option enabled long Outlook notes will not be overwritten by truncated Toodledo notes if the Toodledo task changes
- I've added the boilerplate disclaimers to the Readme file so I don't have to keep listing them here.

keef

This message was edited Aug 07, 2008.
keef

Posted Aug 07, 2008 in: Outlook Client E_NOINTERFACE issue
  • keef
Thanks for post and the edit Ian - looks like the Outlook API COM+ component got confused and a reboot fixed it. Good to know for future reference though.

keef
keef

Posted Aug 01, 2008 in: Outlook Client E_NOINTERFACE issue
  • keef
  • Posted: Aug 01, 2008
This is a different error. The 'RPC_Server' is unavailable issue seems to be related to a resource leak in the MS Outlook API. You might be able to mitigate this by deleting your completed tasks.

Also, please ensure that you have installed the Microsoft Primary Interop Assemblies (PIA) for your version of Outlook. You can download them from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads

Please let me know if this helps

keef

This message was edited Aug 01, 2008.
keef

• keef
  • Posted: Jul 31, 2008
The option I am talking about will be a set once and forget.
I think that duplicating tasks will annoy more people than it helps, so I don't think I'll be going down that path. Thanks for the suggestion though.

This message was edited Jul 31, 2008.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21      Next