ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
keef

Posted Sep 22, 2008 in: Outlook Tasks Don't Sync to Toodledo
Score: 0
  • keef
  • Posted: Sep 22, 2008
  • Score: 0
the issue was resolved for mmj offline and I couldn't reproduce the issue with the task completion (it works for me). I think maybe there issue is either a date/time stamp issue here or there is something specific about your setup that is creating problems. Are there any errors occurring in your trace log?
keef
keef

Posted Sep 22, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.8 is Available
  • keef
A new version of the Outlook Synchronization Client for Toodledo is available at http://www.chromadrake.com

This update includes the following changes:

-Fixed a bug where a change to the Outlook category of a task would not be synched to Toodledo
-Fixed a bug where the application would keep an instance of Outlook.EXE open at all times
-Fixed a bug where the application would need to be restarted if it could not initialize the connection to Outlook on the first try
-Fixed a bug where the application would need to be restarted if it could not authenticate with Toodledo on the first try
-Fixed a bug where changes to Account settings would not take effect immediately
-Improved the detection and error reporting for authentication issues
-Changed the 'tdfolder' user property to show the ID rather than the name of the Toodledo folder a task is synched to
-Enhanced operation of the 'tdcontext' user property in Outlook. This field will now allow you to set and adjust the name of the
Toodledo context a task should be synched to. The value of this field must exactly match the name of the context.
-Enhanced the synchronization to include the Toodledo 'length' field. This field is synched to the 'Total Work' field in Outlook
-Changed authentication token refresh time to 4 hours to match Toodledo API recommendations

Enjoy
keef

There is now an RSS feed for news about this software http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/rss/newsfeed.xml
keef

Posted Sep 22, 2008 in: Reset Outlook Sync
  • keef
Yes, it can be done. You need to edit the database file that stores the synchronization records after you ahve cleared out your Toodledo tasks.

Warning. You are strongly advised to back up your Outlook and Toodledo tasks before attempting this procedure

- Locate the Toodledosync database
c:\documents and setting\<your username>\local settings\application data\ToodledoSyncApp\syncinfo.xml
- Rename this file to syncinfo.xml_backup and create a new syncinfo.xml file with the contents given below
keef

--CUT BELOW---
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SyncInfo xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<lastsync>
<datetime />
</lastsync>
<lastmodified>
<datetime />
</lastmodified>
<lastdeleted>
<datetime />
</lastdeleted>
<lastfolderedit>
<datetime />
</lastfolderedit>
<lastcontextedit>
<datetime />
</lastcontextedit>
<lastgoaledit>
<datetime />
</lastgoaledit>
<Folders/>
<Contexts/>
<Goals />
</SyncInfo>
--CUT ABOVE---
keef

Posted Sep 20, 2008 in: Notebook
  • keef
  • Posted: Sep 20, 2008
Is the API likely to be extended to support adding/editing/deleting Notebook items? A few people out there seem to be interested in synching the Notebook to Outlook notes.

keef
keef

Posted Sep 19, 2008 in: Outlook Tasks Don't Sync to Toodledo
  • keef
  • Posted: Sep 19, 2008
There are several reasons why this could be happening. Please mail a diagnostic trace to developer[at]chromadrake.com and I'll see what I can do to help you out.
keef
keef

Posted Sep 19, 2008 in: Can't change interval sync time
  • keef
Yes, this is to reduce the load on the Toodledo servers. With 1000s of users the load created by the automatic sync in Toodledosync is significant. I've implemented this lower limit to the sync frequency to ensure that the Toodledo admins don't have to block the application.

If you desperately need to synchronize something then you can use the manual sync option.
keef
keef

Posted Sep 19, 2008 in: Outlook Categories
  • keef
No, its not you or your system. It is a bug that will hopefully be fixed in the next release
keef
keef

Posted Sep 17, 2008 in: Error will startting up
  • keef
  • Posted: Sep 17, 2008
You have most likely upgraded the application without first uninstalling an older version. Please
1) Shut down and uninstall the application
2) Reboot
4) Download and install the latest version

keef
keef

Posted Sep 17, 2008 in: msi file not found
  • keef
  • Posted: Sep 17, 2008
Hi,

It isn't normal for you to be prompted for the MSI file, so it appears that something has gone worng with your workstation installation. I agree that removing the existing application is the best bet.

Unfortunately I can't provide you with a copy of the 0.9.8.4 MSI file anymore. Your best bet is to look for a third party registry cleaner or uninstall helper to help remove the record of the broken installation

keef
keef

Posted Sep 13, 2008 in: 0.9.8.7
  • keef
  • Posted: Sep 13, 2008
Try retesting your account settings using the Change button on your Account panel.

If that doesn't work, perhaps you can give me a clue? Has anything changed in your environment lately?

keef
keef

Posted Sep 11, 2008 in: outlook sync problem
  • keef
  • Posted: Sep 11, 2008
In the full trace log you posted (please don't do that by the way - it is a potential security risk for your account - please mail any full trace logs to developer(at)chromadrake.com instead) the applicaiton seemed to have some inital problem initialisation but eventually completed the initialisation process. You should have been able to sync if you tried a manual sync after this point.
Does the situation improve if you exit the applicaiton, wait a few minutes then restart it?
If not do you have any anti-virus or firewall software that could be preventing the application from talking to outlook?
Feel free to mail me and I'll try and help you resolve this.

keef
keef

Posted Sep 10, 2008 in: Problem with Outlook Sync
  • keef
  • Posted: Sep 10, 2008
Is this the first tim ethat you have tried to run the applicaiton, or have you pgraded from a previous version.

The most likely cause for this issue is that you don;t have the Microsoft Primary Interop Assemblies for your verison of Office installed. These can be downloaded from Microsoft.

Another common cause of this fault is a firewall or similar security product blocking access from the application to Outlook.

Hope the helps
keef
keef

Posted Sep 09, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.7 is Available
  • keef
  • Posted: Sep 09, 2008
HI James,
Are the tasks that you create on your Iphone showing up on Toodledo? If not then this is an issue for the vendor of your iPhone app.
If the tasks are making it from your phone to the website then there are a few things you can try.

1) Ensure that your time zone settings are set correctly in the Toodledo account settings page
2) Try forcing a full sync using the diagnostics panel of the app
3) Ensure that the 'Synchronize selected contexts only' checkbox on the Contexts panelis not checked.

Hope that helps

keef
keef

Posted Sep 09, 2008 in: WM Sync Client
  • keef
  • Posted: Sep 09, 2008
Hi,

You should be able to use my Outlook sync client and Microsoft's active sync to get Toodledo taks onto your WM6 mobile. The process is basically
Toodledo -> Toodledosync -> Outlook -> ActiveSync -> Mobile

Obviously this isn't a live interaction, but it is the next best thing
keef
keef

Posted Sep 03, 2008 in: Toodledo API and Visual Basic
  • keef
  • Posted: Sep 03, 2008
Hi Claudio,

The Toodledo API is REST based, which means that all operations are performed using URL based commands.

You would use this code to send a URL command to the web site API and retrieve a response.

For example, the first operation you need to perform when using the API is to get a session token. This operation is performed using the following URL

http://www.toodledo.com/api.php?method=getToken;userid=<your id>

After adding the above code to your application, you would achieve this as follows

Dim request as String
Dim result as String
request="http://www.toodledo.com/api.php?method=getToken;userid=td47648ea0b4bc9"
result = Web.GetAPIResponse(request)

and result would contain the response from the web site

hope that helps

keef
keef

Posted Sep 03, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.7 is Available
  • keef
Posted by joshhuneycutt:
Hey there!

I just installed the Sync program, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working.

The tasks in my outlook (and I've tried on two machines) won't upload to the Toodledo site.

I just signed up for Toodledo, and it downloaded the 2 default Toodledo messages to Outlook, but nothing was sent back to Outlook.

Does anyone have any ideas regarding my problem?

Thanks so much!

Hi josh,
Are you trying to sync completed tasks or new tasks? By default the application will ignore tasks that are already marked as complete.
If you are still having problems please mail me at developer(at)chromadrake.com and I'll try and help you out.
keef
keef

Posted Sep 03, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.7 is Available
  • keef
Posted by theidner.mail:
Hi Keef,

I am VERY excited about the possibility of getting your program to work, but so far I'm having some problems. I was getting "Error during synchronization" running your 0.98.6 version. I just uninstalled it and updated to the 0.98.7 version you just released, hoping that it might help my issues but it didn't. Here is the trace and traffic output that I got:

<snip>

I'm not sure why I'm seeing the error about limited number of items I can have open. I am running Outlook 2007 with the PIA installed. I believe the version of Exchange that we are running here is 2003.

Would you have any ideas for me? Have you seen this before?

Thank you SO much for your help and for taking the time to write this wonderful application!

Troy

Hi Troy,
This may be a bug that is realted to a limitation with the number of connections that an application can open to Outlook at any time and garbage collections issues in the API. How many outlook tasks do you have? Does the problem go away if you delete your completed tasks?
keef
keef

Posted Sep 02, 2008 in: Outlook Not Getting Updates
  • keef
  • Posted: Sep 02, 2008
Hi,
Try changing your timezone settings in the account settings on toodledo. See if that helps
keef
keef

• keef
It looks like the last modified date stamp stored in the application is out of whack with the server's last modified value. I've probably stuffed up the initial value for new installs. Give it 12 hours or so and make another change to toodledo. That should fix things.
keef
keef

• keef
Have you set your timezone settings in the account settings?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21      Next