ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
alexandremrj_2

Posted Sep 28, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: September 2018
Score: 2
Glad to finally have news. It is a bad sign when the new owners introduce themselves and then everything disappears.

As you can see, there are a lot of passionate, sometimes strange, people in the forums and although we are a out spoken minority, the publicity of a public forum can be good and bad for new customers.

Hope to have a big update (and I really want the ios app - add me to the beta)
alexandremrj_2

Posted Aug 28, 2018 in: For when the updated iOS app?
Score: 1
Hello,

Any news on when can we expect the new iOS app?

The new version of iOS comes out in 3 weeks and still there are no updates to the iOS app. Will it work?
alexandremrj_2

Posted Apr 18, 2018 in: Toodledo 2017 - The Year in Review
This task manager has a lot of potential and we are going ipad only, and we might like it or not but a good website does not replace a good iOS app, we are still not there
alexandremrj_2

Posted Sep 27, 2017 in: For when new iOS
Score: 0
Hello Jake,

The iOS app is getting very long in the tooth, and in the iPad because of no cellular then the use of the mobile website is not an option in most cases.

Any timeline on when we will see updates on the app?
alexandremrj_2

Posted Jul 25, 2017 in: For when new iOS
No notifications, only on the app icon
alexandremrj_2

Posted Jul 21, 2017 in: For when new iOS
Hello Jake,

I'm running the iOS 11 and the old app won't cut it there - give us an ideia please of the new app.

Thanks
alexandremrj_2

Posted Jul 20, 2017 in: For when new iOS
Hello Jake,

Before we had news how things were going, now its been a bit different, but there is a noticeable lack of updates in the iOS version. Can you tell us a bit about when its planned the new version?

Thanks
alexandremrj_2

Posted May 16, 2017 in: Drag and drop subtasks - mobile
Can drag and drop work on the mobile website?
alexandremrj_2

Posted Jun 21, 2016 in: Request: Treat Star as top-level Status
Hello e20.09g,

I would recommend something simpler, and instead of using "Next Action" for all tasks, use "Active", and leave the "Next Action" status to all of those that are very important (the starred ones), because you can have Next Action items appear in your hotlist with your due tasks and so have a simple list with all the tasks that are very important to you.
alexandremrj_2

Hello Salgud,

Its exactly what Jake proposed but with a twist - task dependency is activated in the settings and you get to choose when marking a task complete, which status is automatically filled on the tasks with no status.

You order the subtasks manualy when the task dependency is activated, and when (in my case) a subtask marked with Active is completed, the next subtask without a status gets marked as Active.
alexandremrj_2

Posted by Jake:
@Gnopps: This is an interesting way to do it. It is very simple, so it may not work for everyone, but I wonder.
What does everyone else think? You would have to order your subtasks manually, but if you did, the top subtask would be forced to have a status of "Next Action" and when you complete it, the new top subtask would be given this status. Would this solve Task dependency for you? Please let me know.

This would solve task dependency for me if I get to choose the status that is read. So the option in setting would be:
If you complete a subtask with a status of "Choose Status" then mark next subtask without status as "Same status as chosen before"

My Use Case:
My projects are a Toodledo main task, with tasks inside a project as Toodledo subtasks.
Folders are areas of responsibility.
I use the "Next Action" status as a focus list, because next action sends to the Toodledo hotlist, allowing me to mark my MITs.
Subtasks that can be choosen and worked on are marked as "Active" - this is great for agendas and people contexts.
Subtasks that are waiting for answers are marked as "Waiting For".
alexandremrj_2

Posted May 03, 2016 in: Contexts not showing on iPad app
Hello Simon,

The only way to drag is by the 3 bars on the right side. You cant drag by pressing on differents places except that one
alexandremrj_2

Posted Apr 27, 2016 in: Contexts not showing on iPad app
Hello Simon,

Please go to settings in the app, and then go to "Fields E Defaults", and then drag context from the unused fields in the bottom to the top Fields Used

Unfortunately, the app doesn't sync the fields in use on the web with those used on the devices.

Hope this helps

Alex
alexandremrj_2

Posted by TheGriff:
This would work *if* I were using parent tasks as project indicators, which I do not. I use folders for projects due to my use of Informant and because folders are available in both the Tasks and Notes area of Toodledo.

That way then it will be hard to implement dependencies, because while in subtasks we can sort manually, and so this would be a little extra, when we are talking about tasks then the sorting is always for all, and without sorting we cannot say which task comes next.
alexandremrj_2

Hello,

the main problem I see in this, is that projects (the main task) would have to be always sequential.

If I have a project that has two active subtasks that I can work, then how would it function?
If my first task is a Next Action and my second task is a Waiting For, and I complete the first one, would it pass my Waiting For to a Next Action?

This could be a good solution but with a compromise, the first task must be a "Next Action" and when completed then the next task without a status becomes a "Next Action". If the task after, has an already defined status then the system would jump that subtask.
Example:
Main task:
Subtask A - Next Action
Subtask B - Waiting For
Subtask C - No status

You complete task A:
Subtask A - Completed
Subtask B - Waiting For
Subtask C - Next Action
alexandremrj_2

Posted Mar 08, 2016 in: How can I add a repeat task?
Hello,

You have to activate the "repeat" field in your settings - these fields are not synced between the web and the ios version.

Click your face on the top right hand corner, then click on the dented whell, and in the "Field/Functions used" activate repeat.
alexandremrj_2

Posted Mar 07, 2016 in: Whats about change Completion Date ?
Hello,

For me, I don't think the completion date should be changed, at least not without any way of seeing the original completion date.

For companies using Toodledo, the ability to be able to have traceability about what was completed and when is completely lost if the completion date is changed.

If this option is implemented, then I should be able to have a log of what was the original date and when it was changed, and this will add a lot of complexity to the system.

Can you guys give examples of task managers that supply this change of date? I don't know that many (if any) that support this.

All the best

Alex
alexandremrj_2

Posted Feb 22, 2016 in: Organizing tasks
The main issue and main strenght of Toodledo is the enormous number of ways to do things.

For me, GTD in Toodledo is:

Folders are Areas of Responsibility
Tasks are the project
Sub-tasks the actions that you want to complete
Contexts are contexts
Status is status (Waiting For, Next Action, Active)
If you want, you can use tags for energy and use time estimates for time

Activate in the settings the option to sort subtasks by drag and drop, and you can organize your tasks inside projects.

When looking at my lists, by filtering by context, I activate the actions I want to work with passing them from Active to Next Action. This way they will appear in my hotlist, without any artificial due dates.

Hope this helps

Alex
alexandremrj_2

Posted Feb 15, 2016 in: Regular evening task
Now you got me confused.

If you add new task, set the start date for "today" (write today not the actual date) and the start time for what time you want it to appear in your task list. Then set the due date for "today" and the due time for 21:00.

Set the task for repeat daily with the repetition from the due date.

When you complete this task, this system will create a new one with the start date and due date for tomorrow, with the exact same times.

So, if this is not what you want, what is:

A task that is due every day at 21:00 but appears in your task list at different times?
alexandremrj_2

Posted Feb 15, 2016 in: Quick search: Search Task OR Note
Hello,

That would be a lot of resource consuming for the server side of Toodledo. Why not just "Show task details" to expand notes and then Ctr+F on the browser to search the text?

Alex
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next