ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by M"
M

Posted Oct 10, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 0
  • M
  • Posted: Oct 10, 2020
  • Score: 0
Thank you for the mentions of Clickup. Looks interesting.

I've been managing my tasks in Excel, but even Microsoft apps seem "iffy" these days, with the focus on appearance on not on stability.
M

• M
  • Posted: Aug 22, 2020
I want to grab my tasks from a particular search directly from within Excel.

I know (usually) how to set this up, but am having issues with TD.

I open a new Excel workbook, go to Data tab > From Web > enter the URL of the search > use Basic authentication and give it my TD login name (email) and password. Excel returns "The credentials provided are invalid. They're the same credentials I use to log into TD.

Any ideas?

Can I set up an API connection just to use for my own personal uses?
M

Posted Mar 08, 2020 in: We’re Back
  • M
  • Posted: Mar 08, 2020
Anant,

Though I had to dramatically change how I use TD (don't rely on it for storage of important tasks, use 2Do as my ios app), I am still trying to make use of its infrastructure - mainly because it can be used as a 2Do backend.

Work with that developer to ensure that that can continue.

And, if you're interested in beta testers for your current dev version, I'd be happy, in my weird way of using TD, to give feedback.
M

Posted Jan 11, 2020 in: Notes
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 11, 2020
Upper right corner of the task list, under the profile icon, there's a drop-down arrow. Click it and choose Hide/Show task details.
M

Posted Nov 17, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
  • M
  • Posted: Nov 17, 2019
It appears I've waited too long - looks like StackSocial is "sold out" on the Toodledo deal.

Anant - any chance you'd offer a similar deal direct to a LONG TIME user ?
M

Posted Nov 15, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
  • M
  • Posted: Nov 15, 2019
Has anybody canceled an existing (but soon-to-renew) Toodledo account after backing data up, and then used the StackSocial offer to get a "new" account using the email address tied to the just-canceled Toodledo account?

I'd really like to keep the account with the same email address. Even though it may disappear at any moment.
M

• M
  • Posted: Nov 15, 2019
In my experience, the position of the fields in the batch edit selection pane move if/when you add/delete columns from usage.
M

Score: 1
  • M
  • Posted: Aug 29, 2019
  • Score: 1
Column widths and rearrangement can be reached from the tasks list, depending on whether you're using tasks.toodledo.com (new), or https://www.toodledo.com/tasks/ (older).

For the new task list, (I'm assuming web, here) put your mouse over the edges of the column headers, and your cursor will change to indicate resizing is possible. Every column header has a 4-point arrow that you can drag anywhere else in your list.

For the older version, you click the 2-edged arrow in the upper-right of the column headers to edit column order and width. Once you've clicked it, make your changes; click it again to save them.
M

Posted Aug 19, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • M
  • Posted: Aug 19, 2019
I'm wondering if Jake knows -- this may be a violation of some agreement in the sale (complete abandonment of current customer base) ??
M

• M
  • Posted: Jul 22, 2019
Posted by Ummagumma:
Umma, ios/iphone

I am pretty sure however that there was a Shortcut to mass paste into 2Do. I ran across it somewhere. Try searching for it.

Seems to be only on with an external keyboard, or via URL schemes which I'm not going to attempt.

Riles me no end that this software, which I have supported and grown dependent on, is now so tenuous that I can't be sure it's going to be here tomorrow.

I contacted the developer of 2Do and asked him to look into a "plain text" backend/sync for his app, warning him that Toodledo may not be reliable or long-lived.
M

• M
  • Posted: Jul 20, 2019
Umma, ios/iphone
M

• M
  • Posted: Jul 19, 2019
Ack. Sorry - add to my list of desired features "batch editing," or multi-select for purposes of making changes (delete, move to different list, update due/start dates, etc.)

Can Todoist and/or TickTick do this, anyone know?
M

• M
  • Posted: Jul 19, 2019
I trust my data on Toodledo less and less every day. I'm seeing the posts about the bugs, with no responses. I'm just not sure my data will be here tomorrow.

I've already started moving my list to a homegrown system involving Excel, but I had been using Toodledo as my sync method and pasting my "focus tasks" into Toodledo for management on 2Do. (I really love 2Do!) But I'm preparing for the eventuality that the Toodledo team will, someday, come on here (if we even get a warning) to tell us that they're shutting down tomorrow. Their lack of communication is really pretty insulting.

The one feature I really liked about Toodledo that facilitated my new workflow was the ability to take multiple lines of plain text and paste them in ("add multiple tasks") and have each line become a separate task.

Has anyone who is looking at alternatives come across anything that will allow input of tasks, like that?

I'm thinking I need some kind of Todo.txt app for my "focus," while (hopefully) keeping my tasks in Excel for filtering, sorting, managing.

Thanks for any input!
M

Posted Jul 05, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
  • M
  • Posted: Jul 05, 2019
UmmaGumma,
>> email to task - I use IFTTT for that

I have not been able to get that to work. There's a specific email address you need ([email protected] ) and, when I send to that from the email address that I log into IFTTT with, nothing happens.

Is that the way you email to task?
M

Posted Jun 25, 2019 in: Adding multiple tasks but using /
  • M
  • Posted: Jun 25, 2019
Does anyone use this feature?
M

Posted Jun 13, 2019 in: Cannot use the letter "L" anymore
Score: 2
  • M
  • Posted: Jun 13, 2019
  • Score: 2
I wanted to post a comment on their blog entry about the multi-select (using the "L" key), but don't have a WordPress login so I can't comment there, I guess!

I didn't see the multi-select feature rolled out. Since the new ownership, I don't log into the forums quite as much (except recently). When I found out about it, I read the blog, tried it, and it just plain doesn't work for me.

Funny that I never noticed that the "L" key stops working. How does a developer even <u>do</u> that??

I'm really pretty astounded at how this new organization (is it an org? Is it a person? I'm not really sure) is handling (NOT handling) their takeover of our once-beloved Toodledo. Lots of newbies in the forums, but all the old-timers seem to have fallen off. NO responses to forum entries, most of the time (never thought I'd yearn for the day when Jake would respond "on our timeline, not at liberty to discuss further"!).

I am using Toodledo in a much revised manner -- only as a "daily list" backup for my 2Do app (which I wipe and recreate every day from my task list which is now in Excel, where I can control it) and as my "brain dump" using a shortcut on iPhone. That's partly because I was not managing my tasks well before the takeover, but now I'm really glad I'm not as dependent on it as I used to be -- because it sure feels like it's quietly dying.
M

• M
  • Posted: Jun 13, 2019
Thanks. But these are already-existing tasks that I'm modifying, some with much detail.
M

• M
  • Posted: Jun 10, 2019
When I create my applet with a blank tag, I get "ifttt" as a tag!
M

• M
  • Posted: Jun 09, 2019
Is there some way to create a task using IFTTT with NO tags?
M

Posted Jun 09, 2019 in: Very quiet here and No News
  • M
  • Posted: Jun 09, 2019
Dammit. This makes me so made. I don't blame Jake, but I really hate when good software is killed off.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next