ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by M"
M

Score: 0
  • M
  • Posted: Dec 02, 2014
  • Score: 0
I think there's something more going on, here. Because of the Chrome bug you pointed me to, I tried to do some simple entry and navigation within the task list using IE.

I click on my Folder field, hit the UP arrow to change the value to NO FOLDER, then hit TAB to move to the next field (as the keyboard shortcuts tell me I can).

Tab moves the cursor/highlight to the Toodledo logo in the upper left of my screen.
M

Posted Nov 23, 2014 in: Google Inbox
  • M
  • Posted: Nov 23, 2014
Anyone else checking out Google's new "Inbox" interface, and determining how it might work with TD?
M

• M
  • Posted: Nov 19, 2014
Well, the following seems related, to me, but let me know if it's not:
If I switch to IE, as my browser, and I'm typing in a task, but then ALT-TAB to check my email (something that happens probably hundreds of times during the day), and then switch back to TD -- the field I was typing in is no longer "open" -- so anything I type, after that, will not be seen as an entry into a task but as an attempt to use a shortcut key.

I don't think this used to happen. I know nothing much about programming, but it seems like maybe this is related to the fact that changes are not required to be "saved," they just are saved, as I type. That may seem convenient -- unless you're a "multi-tasker." I switch back and forth all day. May need to switch to another window to remember or get what I need to type in my task, but then I have to reach for the mouse and click the field (and, maybe even, hit END to get to the end of the field).

I may be the only OCD/ADHD/multi-tasking/heavily-keyboard-dependent user that you have, but I yam what I yam, and I'm pretty sure that the interface didn't used to mess with me, this way.
M

Posted Nov 17, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 2
  • M
  • Posted: Nov 17, 2014
  • Score: 2
I don't know if addition of a field constitutes an "interface suggestion," and I get the distinct impression that I may be the only person who wants this, but I'm throwing it in the hat, anyway: I'd love a "Times skipped" field. Even if it's just a counter field. I tried using tags, but 'skip1'-'skip999' just ends up being TOO many tags!

- Include your reasoning
I am OCD and ADHD, and have a to do list that I know is WAY too long, but I have been unable to convince myself to trim it. If I could click on a task every day I SKIP it, it could help me to see which tasks are unimportant enough to me that I can probably get rid of them. Using due or start date and seeing how far over I am doesn't really cut it, for me, because I use some "optionally repeating" tasks that roll from day to day.

- Include context
I need this when planning my day, and when ending it and marking off what I did.

- Include frequency
I would use this field daily to some extent, and probably weekly to "trim."

- Include specific emotions
Overwhelmed
M

• M
  • Posted: Nov 04, 2014
This is still a problem, for me. I click on the LOCATION field, type a "H" to change to my "home" location, then immediately type "H" again to go forward to the "Home_NOTPC" location that I use, and TD instead sees the 2nd "H" as indication that I want to go to the Sharing view (H = go to sharing, in keyboard shortcuts).

See this link to another post I wrote on a very similar problem:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/15412/0/keyboard-shortcut-failing-me.html
M

Posted Oct 15, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • M
  • Posted: Oct 15, 2014
Okay, this goes outside the 3 topics you requested feedback on,
1. Goals
2. Settings
3. Add a Task

but I want to post this before I forget to. I would love to be able to search and multi-edit BASED ON OTHER FIELDS. E.g., find all daily repeating email (some of which I don't want to auto-complete) and automatically update their start date to ([start date] + 7).

That's not a good example, but there's LOTS of situations where I want to be able to mass-edit, but based on another field, for tasks that may not have the same value in that other field.

Did that make any sense?

This message was edited Oct 15, 2014.
M

Posted Oct 15, 2014 in: Email Warning
Score: 1
  • M
  • Score: 1
Posted by Jake:
You can set a Toodledo task to remind you to do this if you want.

*Like!*
M

Posted Oct 15, 2014 in: How do you Toodledo?
Score: 3
  • M
  • Score: 3
My "unique" TD story probably isn't terribly unique, and it's kind of embarrassing, actually. I'm not diagnosed, but I feel very ADHD/OCD. I have an extremely busy mind and, if I don't write stuff down that passes THROUGH my mind, I go crazy because I quickly forget it and then expend all sorts of energy trying to remember what it was.

I really need to get help with that compulsion but, in the meantime, I use TD as my "brain dump." I try to put everything I think of that needs to be done, researched, followed-up on, considered, read... into TD. Then, later, I can go back through and determine if it really was worth capturing, and can prioritize it, delete it, or put it somewhere where I just feel better knowing that I didn't let it go.

Probably not the kind of story you're looking for, but it's mine!
M

• M
  • Posted: Oct 06, 2014
Using the web interface, on Chrome 37.0.2062.124 m, if I click in the LOCATION field once, and type a W to pick my first location that starts with a "W", that works fine. But I used to be able to type "W" more than once to go through the list of ALL my locations that start with that letter. Now, the field resets to Not-in-edit-mode after the first keypress, and I have to CLICK it and use the mouse to select my location, instead.

I just tested this using IE, and it's doing the same in that browser.

Is this a deliberate change? If so -- can I voice the opinion that it stinks?!
M

Posted Sep 12, 2014 in: User Testimonials
  • M
  • Posted: Sep 12, 2014
Toodledo is my ‘brain dump.’ TD is the closest thing I’ve found to a database that I can use as my ‘to do’ list. It’s powerful and flexible, but can be easy to use, too. I often put too much information in TD, but I always know I can get my information out, no matter where I am – and I rely on that.
M

Posted Sep 12, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 3
  • M
  • Posted: Sep 12, 2014
  • Score: 3
Please please keep in mind, Bridget, that some of us are "old-timers" (I've been using PCs since 1985, before the existence of the computer mouse) and are highly reliant on keyboards and shortcuts. Reaching for a mouse slows me down, big-time. I want to do as much entry/editing/menu access via the keyboard as I can.

Some new design trends seem to be trying to tell me that keyboards are out of date - but I'm still WAY faster as a typist than a mouser.

Thanks, and I'm (cautiously) excited to see the changes.
M

Posted Aug 24, 2014 in: Experimental scrolling
  • M
  • Posted: Aug 24, 2014
Please make the "experimental" vertical scrolling feature work (it doesn't really, now -- you cannot always see the right scroll bar without first horizontally scrolling, which is a PITA)! I should be able to see my column headers even at the bottom of my list, without "experimenting!"

I've turned it off, for now, and will just have to remember what column = what in each view...
M

Posted Aug 24, 2014 in: AARRGGGH! Escape key lost my entries!
  • M
  • Posted: Aug 24, 2014
Yeah, unfortunately I rely heavily on the keyboard shortcuts and, I believe, even checked them to see if ESC was listed as a shortcut. Didn't see it then, but I see it now. I'll just have to be more careful.
M

Posted Aug 19, 2014 in: AARRGGGH! Escape key lost my entries!
  • M
  • Posted: Aug 19, 2014
I was in multi-add mode, and had entered probably 8 new tasks -- stuff that was a brain dump, things I'd recorded on my phone that I wanted to remember to do. I pressed escape, for some reason -- and lost EVERYTHING! I use Toodledo because my memory sucks -- I will NOT be able to remember these tasks, now, and it's going to drive me batty.

Is there a way to prevent the escape key from exiting the screen when you're in ADD mode??
M

• M
  • Posted: Jun 30, 2014
Sorry for the delay in checking back and responding.

I really only use Firefox, so it's hard to test other browsers, but I'll try.

It is inconsistent, but frequent. It is 'some of the time,' but it doesn't seem to be going away.
M

• M
  • Posted: Jun 09, 2014
I noticed this last week but figured it was some kind of fluke that would soon disappear, but I'm running in to it again: I'll be editing recently-added tasks, updating all of the context -- normally, I click the context field of the next task with my mouse and then type the first letter of the context that I want to assign. But the context field will turn "read only" on me so that, if I type a "D" in the context field, I'll be suddenly switched into "due date view."

I'm using Firefox 29.0.1.
M

Posted May 08, 2014 in: ios question maybe you can answer?
  • M
  • Posted: May 08, 2014
I've noticed this with many apps, since ios 7.1, and it occurs with TD on my iPhone, too, so I'm hoping you can give me some insight that will help me know how best to deal with this.

I'm in the TD app. I edit a task. I flip to another app to review notes, or a date, or something. I flip BACK to TD -- and there's a pause/refresh period -- but, if I'm not prepared for that, I think I can start working immediately (as I'm pretty sure I COULD, pre-7.1) -- and then the app refreshes. In TD, most of the time, it's not a problem because the app takes me back to where I last was (because I set that preference).

But, in other apps, it can cause problems. It'll refresh a screen so that I LOSE what I was doing before I flipped. The Bing search app, for example, loses the page I was on.

And, really, that PAUSE is a PITA. It did not occur, before, and it has slowed me down dramatically, on my iPhone. My brain does not retain things well (that's why I use TD). If I flip away and then have to wait for even a second, on my return, I may lose my place in my mind.

Can you explain what changed, in 7.1? I know there's stuff going on with "background app refresh"ing that was supposed to better-simulate multi-tasking -- but it seems to have made things MUCH worse (in my opinion).

Should background app refresh be ON, or OFF, to smooth this out? (It's currently OFF, for TD, for me.)
M

Posted May 08, 2014 in: Selective reminders synching?
  • M
  • Posted: May 08, 2014
I like the ability to add reminders to the iPhone/ios Reminders app, and have them go to Toodledo.

Due to an experience with another app, I mistakenly thought that only the reminders added to the default ("Reminders") list in the Reminders app would be synched, but it appears that ANY reminder, added to ANY list, goes to TD and then, if "deleted on sync" is turned on (as I want it to be), it's deleted from Reminders.

Is there any way to send ONLY reminders added to the main/default/primary Reminders list, in Reminders, to TD?

(Do I win the prize for using the word "reminders" the most in a single post?)

Thanks
M

Posted Apr 08, 2014 in: IFTTT auto-tagging my new tasks
Score: 1
  • M
  • Posted: Apr 08, 2014
  • Score: 1
It appears that every task that I add via my IFTTT recipes is being automatically tagged with "ifttt."

Can I prevent that?
M

• M
  • Posted: Mar 10, 2014
Still working on this? I've gotten at least one update since this, and am still having the issue. Thanks...
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next