ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by mlb32704"
mlb32704

Score: 0
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Jan 13, 2015
  • Score: 0
To Do List is showing "today" items with tomorrow's date (i.e. "Today" items should be dated 1/13/15 but they are all dated 1/14/15). Major bug please fix asap, thanks!
mlb32704

Posted Sep 18, 2014 in: Outlines but No Lists?
Score: 1
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Sep 18, 2014
  • Score: 1
OK, I need to get out less...I'm just noticing on the Web interface that right next to Outlines which I have tried once, hated, and ignored ever since, there is another section called Lists (you can stop laughing, yes, I just saw it) which looks to be FANTASTIC and something I can use regularly.

BUT...Lists has NOT been included on the new iOS8 app update, hopefully it will be soon! Looks cool. Not to beat a separate dead post but I have already expressed my disappointment in including Outlines as a separate large bottom button at the main base area of the new iOS8 app without any option to remove. That's not good.

Hey, ToodleDo is still the best and you can't please everyone, I'll take whatever you're giving, just making suggestions.
mlb32704

Posted Sep 18, 2014 in: Why we need Outlines?
  • mlb32704
I do not see the point of Outlines. ToodleDo is STILL the very best to do list app and Web interface out there. Notebooks COMPLIMENTED ToodleDo to do list functionality. Outlines COMPLICATED and CLUTTERED ToodleDo. I was able to simply ignore Outlines when it was just integrated into the Web interface. Now it's a LARGE BUTTON at the base of the ToodleDo app that I have to ignore or press by mistake when trying to access Tasks or Notebooks. Not good. Outlines should be an OPTION, definitely on the app, probably on both. Some of us like things simple.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
I just inadvertently updated to the new iOS8 app, not exactly happy with the minor look and feel tweaks but I'm guessing that they look better on an iPhone 6 vs. iPhone 4S.

One major tweak that I might request - the ability to remove the "Outlines" button from the base of the iOS8 app screen. I'm sure that there are plenty of folks who use Outlines but I don't and never will. All I need is the same old three options at the bottom - Tasks, Notebooks, Settings. Please offer an option to remove Outlines from the App. Thanks.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Apr 11, 2014
The backup utility assigns a unique numerical code to each backup, so I don't have to manually change the file name each time I save it to the same location.

The export utilities for completed and uncompleted tasks, as well as notebook exports, do not assign any sort of unique identifier, so I have to manually insert the date at the end of the file each and every time (i.e. "toodle-current4114.csv".

Any thoughts to assigning some sort of identifier, preferably the date, to these three export files?

Yes, I save all three files as well as the backup .xml file each week. I recognize that the .xml file includes everything, but in a pinch, I can load up .csv files in Excel for any missing tasks, old notebooks, etc.

Not sure if this was the right forum area for product enhancement requests, apologies in advance if that was not the case.

Thanks!

This message was edited Apr 11, 2014.
mlb32704

Posted Apr 03, 2014 in: Task and Notebook Exports vs. Backup
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Apr 03, 2014
Thank you Jake.
mlb32704

Posted Mar 28, 2014 in: Task and Notebook Exports vs. Backup
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Mar 28, 2014
Does the backup contain ALL current and completed tasks, if not, for what amount of time?

I currently "backup" all current and completed tasks plus all notebooks every week by using the export function. Which is better, or do I still need both?
mlb32704

Posted Mar 28, 2014 in: Task and Notebook Exports vs. Backup
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Mar 28, 2014
I got burned one time on an old task that I could not retrieve due to age, so I've made it a weekly habit ever since of exporting my uncompleted and completed tasks, as well as notebooks. I just noticed the backup option for the first time and added that to my weekly maintenance activities, although I have absolutely no idea what is included in that .xml file. What do I get out of regularly using that backup feature relative to simply exporting tasks and notebooks, is it necessary, is there some overlap between the two, etc.? Someone please let me know, thanks.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Feb 11, 2014
This is a continuation of my question about simple default view functionality for ToodleDo -- rather than asking for something to be added to ToodleDo, I am asking for the ability to have something removed from ToodleDo. Specifically, under "View By", "Main", currently the following five options are offered:

- All Tasks
- Hotlist
- Recently Added
- Recently Completed
- Recently Modified

Why not offer each of those as individual options that can be selected or deselected? Personally, I only need the "All Tasks" option out of the entire five available under "Main", I never use the other ones. But others might and I respect that. Can it be that difficult to do that? How do we go about sending in feature requests for ToodleDo, I'd like to submit that one? :)
mlb32704

Posted Feb 11, 2014 in: I want my "simple view" back
  • mlb32704
More info - if I add back "Folders" as a used field, then I get exactly the option that I want in terms of that plain vanilla "All Tasks" or "No Folder" option for default view. BUT, the trade off is that I get a column "Folder" with the entry "No Folder" under each and every Task. Not good. Any other thoughts, anyone?
mlb32704

Posted Feb 11, 2014 in: I want my "simple view" back
  • mlb32704
I don't use folders anymore, so I don't get the option "Folder" under "View By". I would love to set "Folder" or "No Folder" as my default view but I don't see that option.
mlb32704

Posted Feb 09, 2014 in: I want my "simple view" back
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2014
I have two computers that are basically mirror images of one another. On my main computer, the default view on the "main" ToodleDo page has "All Tasks", "No Folder" and nothing else. I love it, short, sweet, simple, to the point, easy to manage. On my other computer, the default view on the "main" page has "All Tasks", "Hotlist", "Recently Added", "Recently Completed", "Recently Modified". Whew. I use NONE of those, it makes for a busy "main" screen, and every once in a while I hit "Hotlist" instead of "All Tasks" and wonder where all of my tasks have gone. Moreover, once I hit the "View by - Main" option or select the "Tasks" tab, ToodleDo forces me to select a view other than that simple elegant "All Tasks", "No Folder" and nothing else view that I like. And I can't figure out how to simply get back to that simple view, then it just happens by accident. Or I'm missing something. Help. Thanks.
mlb32704

Posted May 11, 2013 in: Best Android App(s)?
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: May 11, 2013
In the interests of household harmony, I've purchased my first Android 4.0 tablet, so that the kids can borrow the iPad and I can still get stuff done.

Obviously there is no official Android app, but I was hoping that some one could please point me in the direction of the current, best app(s), client(s), solution(s) for Android tablets. Looking to perform the same basic daily activities on this new Android tablet as I currently do on my iOS devices (i.e. create/modify/view tasks and notebooks). I sort tasks by due date, folder and tags, and I do not sort notes at all but I have a lot of them and use them often.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: May 09, 2013
I'm not sure about the rest of the greater ToodleDo community, but I continue experiencing Notes sync issues between the ToodleDo Web site and the ToodleDo app on my iPhone and iPad, even after the most recent update that was supposed to resolve these issues.

There is no rhyme or reason to these issues, and they occur intermittently, but I can give a couple of definitive examples:

1.) If I create a NEW Note in the ToodleDo app on my iPhone or Ipad, or on the Web site, and sync, everything is fine, everything updates everywhere, no problem.

2.) If I modify an EXISTING Note on the Web site, it generally will NOT update the ToodleDo app on the iOS devices. Likewise, if I modify an EXISTING note on one of the devices, it will not update the Web site.

3.) After this failure occurs, if I were to go in and then create a NEW Note, then everything will usually start to sync correctly, including the recently modified EXISTING Note. Doesn't always happen, sometimes I have to close apps then restart, then create another NEW note, etc. but eventually everything syncs. Usually.

4.) 50-70% of the time since the update, when I either add a new Note or modify an existing one, in the iOS app on either device, I get a solid grey bar directly above or near said Note, with the text "<NULL>" on the left hand side of the bar, and the number "1" off to the right hand side. A refresh will not get rid of this issue, I have to literally close the application then restart it. And then it goes away.

I have the benefit of another ToodleDo power user in the house, my wife. She is experiencing the exact same issues with the exception of the "<NULL>" message which she has not seen, yet. I told her that I would submit one ticket on behalf of the two of us, which I just did. In the interest of time, I wanted to also share my experiences with the greater ToodleDo community, just to make sure that I/we aren't the only ones experiencing these Notes issues.

So, is anyone else experiencing these issues?
mlb32704

Posted Mar 07, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Mar 07, 2013
I have installed 3.0.3 on an iPod 3G, while keeping 3.0.1 on an iPhone 4S, ran some tests, here is what I found...

1.) Speed issues are GONE. I'm not even doing a fair comparison here...the speed to load up the ToodleDo iOS app, toggle between functions, sync, etc. is almost identical between the iPod 3G and iPhone 4S. I'm not sure how Jake did it, but he did it, I'm impressed.

2.) Look and feel issues appear to be getting better. I agree with previous post about the new banner up top, just use the old one in 3.0.1, or the previous one in 3.0.2, this latest one is definitely a little odd looking and doesn't match the overall look and feel of the application.

3.) More look and feel advice...if you would simply and only slightly BOLDFACE the title of the task, just like in 3.0.1, it would look a LOT better and solve many perceived issues that really aren't there. The fact is that there is a lot of wasted space and useless functionality (the Quick Add Task field up top, please just get rid of it!), but even with that, if I do a side by side comparison of the look and feel of tasks from 3.0.1 to 3.0.3, there's actually more space and more information provided per line from new to old, the problem is that it is lost because the font isn't different for task title vs. descriptors like repeat, status, tag, due date, etc. underneath. Fix that and everyone should be happy (but they won't be, sorry Jake).

As far as I am concerned, Jake and team have done a fine job with this latest update, I'm sure that it will only get better, and I am going to update all of my iOS devices to 3.0.3 immediately.

This message was edited Mar 07, 2013.
mlb32704

Posted Mar 04, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Mar 04, 2013
Posted by JPR:
FWIW, if you sync with iTunes for Windows, you can find the old version of any app you update in the Recycle Bin.

The single most helpful piece of information that I could find in eight pages worth of mostly opinion pieces on the subject of the new release.

I have rolled back to 3.0.1 and stuck the .ipa file up at my Dropbox account just in case I update by mistake. Since everyone is giving an opinion, here is mine...clearly the ToodleDo team put some good time and effort into this latest release but it misses the mark. Look and feel is OK but I like the old look and feel better, and I am not alone. A lot of wasted space, replication of similar functions, and a lot of new functionality that is worthless to me personally. I just want a basic to do list sortable by two criteria (date and tags), that looks and behaves like the Web site does. But the biggest issue to me is the speed and delays with the new iOS app on an iPhone 4S and iPad2. I was on vacation when this latest update came out so I really couldn't kick the tires on it until yesterday/today, it is SLOW. I mean toggling between functions takes a LONG, long time. I see a lot of inferred advice about deleting completed tasks, uninstalling/deinstalling, etc. I will be doing NONE of those things unless specifically directed to do so by ToodleDo and even then, I question why I would need to do that with a supposedly better, faster, more improved app?

Until I am forced to do so, or I see some compelling evidence that 3.0.2 is the fix/update that we've all been waiting on, I have no intention of updating again. But the good news unlike a couple of other misguided folks is that I have no intention of leaving ToodleDo. I've checked out the alternatives, several times, for my own simple purposes, nothing beats ToodleDo, even an update that is worse than the original. Maybe there's some reason behind the requests for a "ToodleDo Classic" alternative after all. I totally understand that that is NOT going to happen, but, at least consider using the old look and feel as much as possible with the new functionality. It WASN'T broken, it looked and worked great, for years, why change it? You're not going to be all things to all people, why not at least keep it simple and great looking, leverage the investment that you've already made and keep the majority of your client base happy? I'm not jumping ship, I believe in ToodleDo, it's the best to do app out there, even with this lousy "improved" fix/update.

I have to believe that ToodleDo is going to prioritize fixes based on their own views coupled with the majority of Pro-related complaints, then the masses get their say. I get it. Speaking as one of the many non-paying masses, I would suggest speed issues, then look and feel, then everything else everyone is whining about. But please do fix it and soon, before even I have to start taking another look at alternatives, again.

This message was edited Mar 04, 2013.
mlb32704

Posted Mar 04, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
  • mlb32704
I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this, but I posted a separate question before I saw these related posts, trying to save Jake and ToodleDo time and confusion here...I will gladly submit a ticket but again, I'm thinking that my issues are all part of this bigger issue - performance (speed) with the new release. In my case, specifically, I see a dramatic reduction in speed as I toggle between main functions in the app when viewed on both an iPhone 4S and an iPad 2. Going between Tasks and Notes, or Notes and Settings, or any function back to Tasks, results in a very noticeable and very annoying delay. If I make the mistake of double tapping tasks, I get sent out to the main screen vs. my primary view (folder), which is doubly annoying. I'm getting used to it and the other posts have provided me with the sense of relief that I am not alone and that a fix might be on the way. Not sure, hard to tell what's what in this post, I saw Jake's submission to Apple for improvements but I'm not sure if that is going to cover my specific issues? I saw a couple of recommendations relative to deleting completed tasks, I backup weekly so this would not be a problem for me if someone at ToodleDo vs. the forum truly believes that this will fix my issues. In any case, somebody please weigh in as to whether or not I'm posting in the right place, that my issue is the same, different or part of the overall "performance" issue, whether Jake or anyone at ToodleDo has provided an update since the most recent post about the Apple submission, any estimated time frames, etc. Thanks.
mlb32704

Posted Mar 04, 2013 in: Delay toggling between functions?
  • mlb32704
Apparently I am not alone on this issue, it took me some time but I do see some related posts. I'm going to retire this one and post to the others, so as to save time and confusion. Unfortunately there is no way to close out a post but I'm going to effectively close it out by not posting any more to this one :)
mlb32704

Posted Mar 03, 2013 in: Delay toggling between functions?
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Mar 03, 2013
Update to my update - there are no new Settings that would impact what's going on, clearly there is a new delay across the board. And at this point I am basically talking to myself :) Maybe someone can weigh in on this, get used to it or we know about it and/or have a fix in mind?
mlb32704

Posted Mar 03, 2013 in: Delay toggling between functions?
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Mar 03, 2013
Update - the delay occurs on my iPad 2. I wonder if the new application is "fatter" or more dependent upon Internet connectivity versus the old version? On the iPad, it looked like it was trying to refresh or sync as you move between functions (Tasks, Settings, Notes)? I'll double check sync settings to see if there is something new but for now, just making you aware of this delay and wondering if there is anything that I can do to resolve or if I just have to get used to it. Thanks.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13      Next