ForumsNewsToodledo Redesign Plans

Toodledo Redesign Plans
Salgud

Posted: Oct 14, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by apastuszak:
I'd like an Inbox. I use uncategorized tasks as my inbox. But I would like it to actually be called Inbox and have it's own link.

I have that Inbox in TD. It's called a Saved Search. If you haven't investigated Saved Searches, you're missing the real power of TD. BTW, my Inbox is named "!Inbox", which puts it at the top of my Saved Searches list. In my case, when I add a task, it's automatically given a Due Date of Today, and a Status of Active. My criteria for being in the !Inbox search is no Folder assigned. You may do it differently, of course.
M

Posted: Oct 15, 2014
Okay, this goes outside the 3 topics you requested feedback on,
1. Goals
2. Settings
3. Add a Task

but I want to post this before I forget to. I would love to be able to search and multi-edit BASED ON OTHER FIELDS. E.g., find all daily repeating email (some of which I don't want to auto-complete) and automatically update their start date to ([start date] + 7).

That's not a good example, but there's LOTS of situations where I want to be able to mass-edit, but based on another field, for tasks that may not have the same value in that other field.

Did that make any sense?

This message was edited Oct 15, 2014.
smatics

Posted: Oct 19, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
4 Year premium subscriber here.

I am glad to hear that the UI will get some attention. I mainly use the web interface, which works fairly well, but I would like t see a better date picker and a calendar view.

I just purchased a Chrome Book and am now using this device for most of my online work. I would like to see ToodleDo develop an official Chrome App that could function offline.

One last thing - please do something about the embarrassing "Warning" that nearly everyone who uses Chrome sees at the top of the browser. None of my plugins are interfering with ToodleDo, so I am not sure why I see this. Chrome is now the leading browser used, so it would be nice to see this cleaned up.

Thanks!
peterpiskun

Posted: Oct 20, 2014
One thing I would really like to see changed: To not have fixed views like Context, Priority, Folder, etc. - but to define them like you want to. Toodledo is really flexible - but this somehow limits my productive workflow, too many clicks to get the views i need. I would like to have views i can name and define the way i want.
Purveyor

Posted: Oct 20, 2014
Name and define views?
See Saved Searches?
peterpiskun

Posted: Oct 21, 2014
i actually work with saved searches too, but i would like to have the view list filled only with views i use. I don't want to click "Status - Waiting for" or "Search - ABC", "Search - XY", "Context - XY" but for me better: "Waiting for", "Projects", "Old items", etc....
mpatterson

Posted: Oct 21, 2014
Rich text formatting would be greatly appreciated to better emphasize key points in tasks.
coachmac

Posted: Oct 22, 2014
An easy way to delete tags or several of them.
vivendom.budget

Posted: Oct 22, 2014
Hide left column on lists and outlines.

Thanks
RMTrinity

Posted: Oct 27, 2014
Geez, you're getting a million suggestions for the next incarnation of Toodledo. I'm just so happy to have your app on my Android phone now rather than a 3rd Party app — so much cleaner and easy!

Like everyone, I have three suggestions for changes (yeah, like you need more):

• Ability to create "rolling" due dates on tasks. What I mean by this is I would like to be able to designate tasks to automatically become due the following day if I don't complete them by midnight, e.g., some of my daily tasks are "Exercise for 30 minutes," "Morning Prayer," "Work on your blog" — If I don't do them in a day, I'd just like them to become due the following day. I have a folder called "Daily Tasks," and every morning I have to go in and switch some to the next day either because they weren't done or I forgot to check them off. It'd be nice to be able to automate this. Which leads to my next suggestion...

• Ability to do batch changes. Sometimes I want to move a whole set of tasks to a new due date. It'd be nice to be able to change them all at once.

• Color completion bar for tasks — Hey, I want credit when I have a task in process and a way to remind myself not to start up something else and forget I have something going. Here's a silly e.g., "Do laundry" — it takes forever, and a bar that shows I'm 75% done and changes from red to yellow to green would be cool. Seriously, it would also be great at work for those tasks that take more than a few days to complete. I'd be able, at a glance to see how far I've gotten.
nobrandheroes

@RMTrinity, I don't know if it is what you are looking for, but for rolling tasks, I set task due dates to optional, and then have it repeat from Due Date.

Welcome Bridget, I hope you have fun and find the work challenging.
Salgud

Your first request is already there. Look in the FAQs under Due Date Modifiers, Optionally on. Essentially, put a question mark in from of the Due Date.
lizzysparks

Posted: Oct 28, 2014
Bridget! Yay, I'm excited about this project. Please make task entry and editing easier, all those columns are SO annoying. I want to keep the ability to use those items but I don't like having to click each one and choose from a drop down or type it in. I almost switched to Nirvana because their UI is so clean and easy...however, they don't have the Search and Saved Searched features that makes Toodledo work for me so I came back...but hate the UI everyday.

Can we opt in to use the new UI when it starts rolling out...when the new users can?
Bridget K

Posted: Oct 29, 2014
Hey all, thanks again for taking time to write these posts.

Remember that including specific information about how you use Toodledo will help me to understand more than just what you would like to see changed, but why it is necessary and how it will help you. I've referenced the guidelines mentioned earlier at the bottom of this post as a reminder. I'll continue to keep an eye on this thread throughout the process.

Posted by lizzysparks:
Can we opt in to use the new UI when it starts rolling out...when the new users can?

Hey Lizzy, thanks for the warm welcome!

Any changes will be available for both registered and new users. At the start of this post Jake mentions our redesign of the homepage only as it affects new users. That redesigned page is actually available for everyone, but is just less commonly seen if you already have an account that stays signed in. Here's a post on the topic: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/19518/0/toodledo-redesign-phase-1.html

Here are some guidelines to help me make the most of your suggestion:

- Include your reasoning
i.e. I'd like to see more of this feature because it will help me accomplish this specific goal

- Include context
i.e. I have trouble using this feature when I'm trying to do this specific behavior under these circumstances

- Include frequency
i.e. I experience difficulty with this feature which I use several times per week

- Include specific emotions
i.e. When this particular behavior occurs I feel slightly confused

Happy Wednesday!

:)

BK

This message was edited Oct 29, 2014.
wasmith108

Posted: Oct 30, 2014
Welcome,Bridget!

I'm sure you've heard it, but it would be awesome to be able to sort tasks into alpa/numeric groupings (A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, C1, C2, C3, etc.) Even with stars, it's hard to prioritize many tasks within each of the Top to Negative groups.

Thanks.
coolexplorer

Posted by wasmith108:
Welcome,Bridget!
I'm sure you've heard it, but it would be awesome to be able to sort tasks into alpa/numeric groupings (A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, C1, C2, C3, etc.) Even with stars, it's hard to prioritize many tasks within each of the Top to Negative groups.
Thanks.

1+ this feature, would be able to assign to Urgent&Imp, ImpNotUrgent, etc. or just Prioritize order of doing tasks.
vivendom.budget

a) reasoning

Now we can link outlines and tasks using atachments working on task environtment, but the problem is that working on outline environment we can't link each outline step with a task or a group of tasks.

I'd like to see more interaction between OUTLINES and TASKS working on outline environtment, because i use outline as a Process and tasks as steps of this process.

b) context

For me it will be very usefull to mix tasks and outlines using saved searches as a part of this goal.

a.1) Actually you can add some text on each step and you can check it when it's acomplished.
We can name that kind of outline step as "text".

a.2) I want to add another type of outline step called "tasks", using saved searches.
Imagine that tou have a process (outline) with 3 steps.
Each step have 3 tasks on it to be acomplished.
Those tasks share several values like folder, tag, location
On each step, we could use saved searches to list tasks depending on those selected fields

[ ] step 1. location = "Barcelona" and tag = "marketing"

[ ] Task 1
[x] Task 2
[ ] Task 3

[ ] step 2. location = "London" and tag = "marketing" and folder = "conferences"

[ ] Task 1
[x] Task 2
[ ] Task 3

[x] step 3. location = "Amsterdam" and tag = "finance"

[x] Task 1
[x] Task 2
[x] Task 3

c) frequency

Actually Toodledo organization is based on tasks and we can group it using folder, tag, location,..
Then we can check each task when it is acomplished, but we need to check steps on a process upgrading
Toodledo organizaton from task managament to process management.
That goal will improve time management amazingly

I hope that you'll apreciate it.

Thanks !
J

Posted by coolexplorer:
Posted by wasmith108:
Welcome,Bridget!
Thanks.

1+ this feature, would be able to assign to Urgent&Imp, ImpNotUrgent, etc. or just Prioritize order of doing tasks.

FWIW, that's how I use the Tag field. I sort by Due Date, then Tag, then Description/Text. I use contexts and folders for grouping.
rockhavenw

Posted: Nov 14, 2014
I ONLY use the Notes. (No need for the ToDo's. I use my iPhone Calendars for those.) While you're tweaking, I'd love to see more options in Notes. Font changes, ability to bold or italicize something, change type color, add images to notes…

I'd like to see how many files and folders I have (since there is a limit.) I'd also like to know how much storage space I'm using. Those things should be in the settings or somewhere!

If these aren't your department, please pass them on!.

Thank you!
Jamie Wyatt
Salgud

Posted: Nov 14, 2014
Score: 2 Reference
Posted by rockhavenw:
I ONLY use the Notes. (No need for the ToDo's. I use my iPhone Calendars for those.)
Jamie Wyatt

Kind of like buying a car for the cigarette lighter...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.