ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by M"
M

Posted Sep 20, 2021 in: A Message From Jake
Score: 3
  • M
  • Posted: Sep 20, 2021
  • Score: 3
Jake, I’m happy you’re still interested in this really amazing system that you created and, if you’ve been here since you sold to the previous owners and I badmouthed you on these forums for “bailing“ on us … I apologize (but the last group REALLY screwed up!).

I hope the new group is as dedicated as you always were to the product and its users.
M

Score: 2
  • M
  • Posted: Sep 03, 2021
  • Score: 2
I hope the new team realizes how badly burned some of the long-time users feel. That even a couple of days of quiet from them is disconcerting.

I got my hopes up briefly. I check back occasionally. I'm not feeling encouraged.
M

Score: 1
  • M
  • Posted: Aug 16, 2021
  • Score: 1
@PamelaH,

I decided I couldn’t trust Toodledo, under the previous owners, to be around much longer so I switched my method of task tracking to 2Do. I greatly missed the ability to use Toodledo as its back and, for ease of access, but I just didn’t trust it anymore.

However, since the announcement that you folks have taken over and are developing the app again, I contacted the developer of 2Do, and asked them to be in touch with you to make sure that the two applications work well together as they have in the past.

They would like private and direct contact information for your team, other than the generalized info and support emails, if possible. (They have attempted contact many times over the last couple of years.). Is that something you would be willing to provide?
M

Posted Feb 27, 2021 in: DISCUSS ALTERNATIVES TO TOODLEDO
Score: 0
  • M
  • Posted: Feb 27, 2021
  • Score: 0
Posted by bandit:
Posted by strativourakis:
The same app deveoper (Yoctoville, I think?) created a new app called "Errands"

I just looked at “Errands” and read the description. It seems very basic, but appears to have some good features and looks easy to use.

Just chiming in to say I've been a LONG time user of both Alarmed and Errands and LOVE them both. They do *not* replace Toodledo, in my opinion, and neither has been updated in many years. It's been a long time since I've communicated with him so I forget his name, but the developer is very nice and quite skilled, but seems to have fallen off the map as relates to future development.

So go ahead and try them both as supplements to a task manager, but don't expect much in the way of updates or feature additions.
M

Posted Jan 28, 2021 in: Toodledo still alive?
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2021
Posted by SquidgyFishy:
I love that the second biggest category was "sticking and hoping for a miracle"

Didn't get to answer the poll, but I'm in that category, too.

I kept taking regular backups thinking toodles would fail on me at any point, and in the end I just opened the xml backup in excel, did about 3 hours of formatting and saved it to my onedrive. Voila. I have an app.

I'm with you on this, as well. I've worked with Excel since it came to life (1987? Before that, Lotus 1-2-3), so I know there's longevity in the product. I can get my data in a text file, if I need it. I have my entire "database" of tasks in Excel and some VBA macros (that I cannot, unfortunately, use on my phone) to help me manage the tasks.

I have a process utilizing exports and URLs (as formulas, in my excel file) to move things into and out of the 2Do app, which has a great front end.

It's all a bit kludgy, but at least I know I (probably) will not lose my data.

I'm *so* disappointed in Toodledo. I often wonder if Jake ever looks upon what's happened to it with the same sadness. It was such a great product. Still works, even without active support.
M

Posted Jan 28, 2021 in: Toodledo still alive?
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2021
Posted by Ummagumma:
There's two major problems with using spreadsheets to track tasks:

1) They are not optimized for phone screen data entry and review. Sure, it can be done, but it grows really old really fast.

Excel for ios now has a "card view," but it needs a lot of work and your data has to "fit."
M

Posted Oct 10, 2020 in: We’re Back
  • M
  • Posted: Oct 10, 2020
Thank you for the mentions of Clickup. Looks interesting.

I've been managing my tasks in Excel, but even Microsoft apps seem "iffy" these days, with the focus on appearance on not on stability.
M

• M
  • Posted: Aug 22, 2020
I want to grab my tasks from a particular search directly from within Excel.

I know (usually) how to set this up, but am having issues with TD.

I open a new Excel workbook, go to Data tab > From Web > enter the URL of the search > use Basic authentication and give it my TD login name (email) and password. Excel returns "The credentials provided are invalid. They're the same credentials I use to log into TD.

Any ideas?

Can I set up an API connection just to use for my own personal uses?
M

Posted Mar 08, 2020 in: We’re Back
  • M
  • Posted: Mar 08, 2020
Anant,

Though I had to dramatically change how I use TD (don't rely on it for storage of important tasks, use 2Do as my ios app), I am still trying to make use of its infrastructure - mainly because it can be used as a 2Do backend.

Work with that developer to ensure that that can continue.

And, if you're interested in beta testers for your current dev version, I'd be happy, in my weird way of using TD, to give feedback.
M

Posted Jan 11, 2020 in: Notes
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 11, 2020
Upper right corner of the task list, under the profile icon, there's a drop-down arrow. Click it and choose Hide/Show task details.
M

Posted Nov 17, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
  • M
  • Posted: Nov 17, 2019
It appears I've waited too long - looks like StackSocial is "sold out" on the Toodledo deal.

Anant - any chance you'd offer a similar deal direct to a LONG TIME user ?
M

Posted Nov 15, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
  • M
  • Posted: Nov 15, 2019
Has anybody canceled an existing (but soon-to-renew) Toodledo account after backing data up, and then used the StackSocial offer to get a "new" account using the email address tied to the just-canceled Toodledo account?

I'd really like to keep the account with the same email address. Even though it may disappear at any moment.
M

• M
  • Posted: Nov 15, 2019
In my experience, the position of the fields in the batch edit selection pane move if/when you add/delete columns from usage.
M

Score: 1
  • M
  • Posted: Aug 29, 2019
  • Score: 1
Column widths and rearrangement can be reached from the tasks list, depending on whether you're using tasks.toodledo.com (new), or https://www.toodledo.com/tasks/ (older).

For the new task list, (I'm assuming web, here) put your mouse over the edges of the column headers, and your cursor will change to indicate resizing is possible. Every column header has a 4-point arrow that you can drag anywhere else in your list.

For the older version, you click the 2-edged arrow in the upper-right of the column headers to edit column order and width. Once you've clicked it, make your changes; click it again to save them.
M

Posted Aug 19, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • M
  • Posted: Aug 19, 2019
I'm wondering if Jake knows -- this may be a violation of some agreement in the sale (complete abandonment of current customer base) ??
M

• M
  • Posted: Jul 22, 2019
Posted by Ummagumma:
Umma, ios/iphone

I am pretty sure however that there was a Shortcut to mass paste into 2Do. I ran across it somewhere. Try searching for it.

Seems to be only on with an external keyboard, or via URL schemes which I'm not going to attempt.

Riles me no end that this software, which I have supported and grown dependent on, is now so tenuous that I can't be sure it's going to be here tomorrow.

I contacted the developer of 2Do and asked him to look into a "plain text" backend/sync for his app, warning him that Toodledo may not be reliable or long-lived.
M

• M
  • Posted: Jul 20, 2019
Umma, ios/iphone
M

• M
  • Posted: Jul 19, 2019
Ack. Sorry - add to my list of desired features "batch editing," or multi-select for purposes of making changes (delete, move to different list, update due/start dates, etc.)

Can Todoist and/or TickTick do this, anyone know?
M

• M
  • Posted: Jul 19, 2019
I trust my data on Toodledo less and less every day. I'm seeing the posts about the bugs, with no responses. I'm just not sure my data will be here tomorrow.

I've already started moving my list to a homegrown system involving Excel, but I had been using Toodledo as my sync method and pasting my "focus tasks" into Toodledo for management on 2Do. (I really love 2Do!) But I'm preparing for the eventuality that the Toodledo team will, someday, come on here (if we even get a warning) to tell us that they're shutting down tomorrow. Their lack of communication is really pretty insulting.

The one feature I really liked about Toodledo that facilitated my new workflow was the ability to take multiple lines of plain text and paste them in ("add multiple tasks") and have each line become a separate task.

Has anyone who is looking at alternatives come across anything that will allow input of tasks, like that?

I'm thinking I need some kind of Todo.txt app for my "focus," while (hopefully) keeping my tasks in Excel for filtering, sorting, managing.

Thanks for any input!
M

Posted Jul 05, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
  • M
  • Posted: Jul 05, 2019
UmmaGumma,
>> email to task - I use IFTTT for that

I have not been able to get that to work. There's a specific email address you need (trigger@applet.ifttt.com ) and, when I send to that from the email address that I log into IFTTT with, nothing happens.

Is that the way you email to task?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11      Next