ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by DSM"
DSM

Posted May 28, 2017 in: Reminder Syncing not working?
Score: 0
  • DSM
  • Posted: May 28, 2017
  • Score: 0
All right, let's go to the next step. I think I just cleaned up some tasks in an unexpected place and now I'm thinking that they were associated with this issue. So, next questions:

1. After Reminder Sync picks up the task from the iPhone, does it *ALWAYS* place it in the Reminders folder on Toodledo?

2.. Are there automated ways of processing a reminder from the Reminder folder into some other folder (not IFTTT)? If so, what?

I said above in this issue that, when I turned Reminder Syncing on and created an iPhone reminder (SIRI), the reminder totally disappeared. I didn't see it on the iPhone anymore and I didn't see it in the Reminder folder on Toodledo. I think I just found the reminders in another folder which was unexpected for me and deleted them. Then I came here, remembered this thread, and put two and two together. Thus my questions above.

Is that clear?
DSM

Posted May 08, 2017 in: Reminder Syncing not working?
  • DSM
  • Posted: May 08, 2017
I have an iPhone 6 with the Toodledo App. I notice that, if I leave Reminder Syncing turned off, I can use Siri to create Reminders in the usual way in the Reminders app on the iPhone. If I turn on Reminder Syncing (with Delete, if that makes a difference), then the reminder doesn't show up in the iPhone Reminders App or in the Toodledo Reminders folder. Any idea why?

Correct me if I'm wrong - once a reminder has been created in any of the subfolders of the Reminders App, Toodledo will pick it up and add it to the Reminders folder (and delete it if that option is on). The use of Siri is not necessary to trigger Toodledo, right?

Also, I see several subfolders in the Reminders App now -- how does Toodledo handle this? I take it that the subfolders are so that you could send a reminder to somebody else in the family, but I haven't tried that.
DSM

Posted Apr 10, 2017 in: Due Date / Time sorting
  • DSM
  • Posted: Apr 10, 2017
If you sort by DueDate, does that include DueTime? It seems to sort them haphazardly and I wanted to use DueTime as sort of an order of tasks to do and have the display make it obvious what my task order is.
DSM

Posted Apr 02, 2017 in: New Layout
  • DSM
  • Posted: Apr 02, 2017
Not sure I'm understanding the new layout...

I think I switched to the new layout (not sure how). What I see are the following problems:

1. Far less tasks are displayed on my screen in multi-line format than previously (I'd say 10-12 before to 3-4 depending on the note after).
2. The inter-line gap seems wrong (as in way too much for most lines).
3. Still deciding if these problems are fully true in grid format, but grid format does look different.o
4. Hiding task details looks correct in both multi-line and grid
5. The drop-down menu for choosing (say) grid or multi-line is messed up -- the menu item name and the menu item checkmark don't line up.

I would probably prefer going back to the old format, but I don't see how. My screen size is limited (need to get a bigger monitor), so I generally use multi-line with task details shown to view everything. It would be nice if we could pick and choose what columns we want to display.
DSM

Posted Mar 25, 2017 in: Help -- I've suddenly lost an outline!!
  • DSM
  • Posted: Mar 25, 2017
Nevermind, I think I found it -- somehow the outline got renamed. Strange...
DSM

Posted Mar 25, 2017 in: Help -- I've suddenly lost an outline!!
  • DSM
  • Posted: Mar 25, 2017
I had a BigIdeas (I think that's the name) outline that seems to have suddenly disappeared. Can I get it back??
DSM

Posted Jan 26, 2017 in: How can I sequence tasks?
  • DSM
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2017
You've never had a SINGLE task that was dependent on several other tasks from several other projects before it could be done? You always found a way to rearrange your tasks such that they were all only dependent on one parent project? When doing rigorous project management, I can see how this top-down approach happens. However, I would think that, in the real world, top-down doesn't always work.
DSM

Posted Jan 21, 2017 in: How can I sequence tasks?
  • DSM
  • Posted: Jan 21, 2017
So you have to create a (fake?) parent task to hold your sequence and then order your sequence under the parent. Does this work with the Apps (iOS & Android) as well? Yes, it would be nice to have independent dependencies rather than require the parent. *sigh*
DSM

Posted Jan 20, 2017 in: Amazon Echo to read out Toodledo tasks?
  • DSM
  • Posted: Jan 20, 2017
Interesting, but incomplete. IFTTT has an annoying habit of saying that the reciple will add a task to Toodledo, but doesn't give complete information on what fields in Toodledo will be settable. It does look like Alexa can read from its own list, but not a lot of information on how flexible that is.
DSM

Posted Jan 20, 2017 in: How can I sequence tasks?
  • DSM
  • Posted: Jan 20, 2017
How can I set it up so that a set of tasks are sequenced? If I put a task on (say) HOLD to say don't do this task until the other task is done, does it still affect the Importance calculation? How do other people handle task lists that should be sequenced?
DSM

Posted Jan 14, 2017 in: Amazon Echo to read out Toodledo tasks?
  • DSM
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2017
Does anyone know if it would be possible to have Amazon Echo (or equivalent system) read out Toodledo tasks to you? For instance, it would be nice to ask Alexa to check Toodledo to see what items are on my GroceryList context. Come to think of it, forget Toodledo for a moment. Could Alexa do this with any stored list somewhere?
DSM

Posted Nov 12, 2016 in: Sharing -- read-only to read-write
  • DSM
  • Posted: Nov 12, 2016
Could someone explain what happens with sharing if I want to share my folders privately with someone read-only for awhile and then give the person read-write access (so the person could assign tasks)? I'm not sure I understand the FAQ.
DSM

Posted Nov 08, 2016 in: Event time on Google calendar is wrong?
  • DSM
  • Posted: Nov 08, 2016
Could this be related to daylight savings time?

I created a weekly repeating event in Toodledo with a Start of 10am and Due of 2pm. I think I created this event just before the clocks got set back an hour, so I don't know if it was correct before then. Now, I see the event on Google calendar (via ical_live_events) with a Start of 9am and Due of 1pm. I did not set Length or Alarm on this event and I did not use any other due settings (Due-By, etc.). What's wrong?
DSM

Posted Oct 30, 2016 in: Read-only m.toodledo.com ?
  • DSM
  • Posted: Oct 30, 2016
A nice feature would be a toggle button or option to set the m.toodledo.com site into read-only mode. Then I could feel confident in letting my wife walk around all the to-do items. I guess this button would also work for the iOS app?
DSM

Posted Oct 28, 2016 in: Read-only task reports on phones?
  • DSM
  • Posted: Oct 28, 2016
I'd like to share my task list with others (wife/daughter) in a read-only fashion. What I want is mostly handled by Toodledo's published task list, but that doesn't work well on iPhones (screen size and no details). Does anyone have any other options for reporting on Toodledo tasks from an iPhone or Android phone?
DSM

• DSM
  • Posted: Oct 27, 2016
Just tried publishing my task list and tried to view it on my iPhone. The initial screen was very busy and had to be viewed sideways (acceptable). However, trying to show the details on a task caused nothing to happen, so I could not see the details of a published task. Whoops -- back to the drawing board... *sigh*
DSM

Posted Oct 27, 2016 in: Published ToDo List Format?
  • DSM
  • Posted: Oct 27, 2016
Finally, is it possible to publish the Recent lists (Added, Completed, Modified)?
DSM

Posted Oct 25, 2016 in: Published ToDo List Format?
  • DSM
  • Posted: Oct 25, 2016
How about an option to have the published list is shown with details hidden or shown? Or how about a button to allow switching on and off details for *all* shown items in the list?
DSM

Posted Oct 18, 2016 in: Published ToDo List Format?
  • DSM
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2016
Ashame. I'd like the ability to have a published view for my (computer challenged) wife that shows just the title and note (and maybe folder) for a sorted list of items of my choosing.
DSM

Posted Oct 18, 2016 in: Advanced Search format on website
  • DSM
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2016
Perhaps I'm missing something...

For me, when I create an advanced search, the results are shown with just the title of each item matching the search. For each item, I can click the '>' button to open up the item and see all the fields of the item. Is there a button to open *all* items that the search found rather than have to go down the list and individually open each one? Or, is there an option to set the results to be displayed in the open form?

Why does advanced search show in a closed mode when everything else seems to show in an open mode when "multi-line" is turned on?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next