ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by DSM"
DSM_2

Score: 0
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2016
  • Score: 0
Hmmm. I don't see a setting in Mozilla that would cause this (but I could be wrong). The closest I see is the setting to open new windows in new tabs instead (which I have on), but that suggests that, if I turned it off, the new Toodledo sections would be coming up in new windows rather than new tabs. In other words, the same problem with just a slightly different end result.

When you switch between the products, do you get new tabs/windows? Which browser are you using? What tab control settings are you using? What is the intention of the Toodledo interface -- switching back and forth between the products should reuse the tab/window?
DSM_2

• DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2016
I find that, on the website, switching between tabs of Tasks, Notes, Outlines, Lists and Habits will cause extra tabs to be created. It seems that switching between Tasks and Notes are okay, but switching to Outlines, Lists, or Habits will cause a new tab to be created. Switching back to Tasks or Notes will reuse the new tab, but switching again to Outlines, Lists, or Habits will create yet another new tab. I'm using Firefox v43.0.4 on Windows but I've been seeing this behavior for quite some time and thru many versions of Firefox.
DSM_2

Posted Jan 07, 2016 in: Event time on iOS calendar wrong
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 07, 2016
Could Due-By, Due-On, and Due-After affect this? Shouldn't it? A task that is Due-By would show as 2pm-3pm, but a task that is Due-After would show as 3pm-4pm. Vary according to duration. Due-On would be treated as a (say) 10-min event at the Due time.

Alternatively, perhaps a Toodledo task that doesn't include a start-time or a duration should *not* be considered an event and, therefore, should not be included on the iCal calendar. In other words, make the definition of event a little more explicit.

In general, your definitions of these terms should be more explicit so that the exports to other forms (like iCal) make sense.
DSM_2

Posted Jan 07, 2016 in: Event time on iOS calendar wrong
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 07, 2016
Something's wrong here...

I created an event on Toodledo with the following parameters:

1. Due Time of 3pm on a date
2. No Start Time
3. Alert of 1 hour before

I imported this to my iCloud calendar via iCal in the usual Toodledo way, but it shows up as a 1 hour event starting at 2pm. Why? What rules should I follow for creating events in Toodledo that *MIGHT* be imported into my Calendar?
DSM_2

Posted Jan 06, 2016 in: Publishing layout
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2016
I'm starting to make use of publishing my task list for my wife and daughter to see. This way, I can let them see the evolving list of tasks without fear that they will accidentally delete or alter something. I can, then, get them used to the idea of seeing tasks via Toodledo before I introduce them to the idea of adding tasks to Toodledo (they are not tech-savvy). I'm noticing some things, though, that I'd like to see changed:

1. On a cell phone (where they will most often see it), the screen real estate is rather small, so there needs to be an easy way to hide/unhide the Folder list.

2. Can I include Saved Searches in the Folder list? I'd like to set up easy context scans for them for special grocery items and such.

3. Can I limit the Folder list to what I specify? My wife and daughter don't need to worry about my work folders.
DSM_2

Posted Jan 03, 2016 in: Connecting iOS Reminders to Toodledo?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2016
Cool! But isn't there already a feature in Toodledo to connect your iPhone reminders to Toodledo? I had it working at one time, but it doesn't seem to be working anymore. I think the capability/format of the Reminder app on the iPhone has changed, but Toodledo hasn't changed with it (true?). What does Toodledo provide?
DSM_2

Posted Jan 01, 2016 in: Connecting iOS Reminders to Toodledo?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 01, 2016
I used to know how to do this, but I think things have changed. Is there a discussion on how to setup your iPhone reminders such that they get imported automatically into Toodledo? I see that the iPhone reminders has folders of reminders now, so can you setup one folder as the one to be imported into Toodledo and keep the others on iCloud? Is anyone making full use of this feature?
DSM_2

Posted Dec 12, 2015 in: Switching accounts on iOS app?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Dec 12, 2015
It must be obvious, but I'm not seeing it. How do you switch Toodledo accounts on the iOS app? I'm considering giving my family their own Toodledo accounts, but I'll need to occasionally check into their account to help them, so the ability to easily sign into their account and then back into my account would be useful.
DSM_2

Posted Dec 11, 2015 in: Add information to FAQ
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Dec 11, 2015
In the FAQ on how to sync Toodledo with the iPhone calendar, I would suggest including a description of what fields would be included in the calendar entry or show a formatted example of what a Toodledo entry would look like once the calendar App formats it.
DSM_2

Posted Nov 12, 2015 in: Public Sharing Questions
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Nov 12, 2015
Whoops -- I take #2 back. It looked like I could check the checkbox, but it doesn't allow it. This is good.

Still not sure how the public folders idea (#3) is supposed to work. The iPhone interface is good, but fills the screen too much. I'll be interested to see how you fix it so that it is easy for the lay-Toodledo person to understand (ie. my non-computer using wife ;-)

This message was edited Nov 12, 2015.
DSM_2

Posted Nov 11, 2015 in: Public Sharing Questions
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Nov 11, 2015
Hmmm.

2. I can check and then uncheck the checkboxes. I'm not sure if doing that has any effect, but it is disconcerting.
3. How do you hide the sidebar in your Task list? Not sure how (or if) I did that.
DSM_2

Posted Nov 11, 2015 in: Public Sharing Questions
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Nov 11, 2015
I'd like to try public sharing of my task list with my wife as a way of letting her see the (potentially large) list of tasks I'm building up supposedly without risk that she will be changing them on me without either of us knowing. She can then comment to me on issues and I can adjust the list accordingly. Some things, though, don't look quite right:

1. Is it true that, when you enable public sharing, you always get the same website URL?
2. If the tasks are read only, why do they have checkboxes at the beginning of the line?
3. When I access the site via the iPhone, I see a list of public folders on the left, but not so via Firefox -- why?
4. Is there a minimal website for iPhone access that I'm forgetting? Is it read-only?
DSM_2

Posted Sep 09, 2015 in: Bump task to next deadline
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Sep 09, 2015
Is there the possibility of (say) using IFTTT for (part of) this? That is, have IFTTT scan for tasks that were not done (ie. tasks that were due before today) and tag them as NOTDONE (or NDmmddyy), then let the optional mechanism mentioned above pick up the task and move it forward if desired. Later, a reporting tool could be put into place to show tasks marked with NDmmddyy to give the user a sense of how often they did *not* do the task.
DSM_2

Score: 1
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Feb 12, 2015
  • Score: 1
Ah ha! That might be it. A bit disconcerting...
DSM_2

Score: 1
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Feb 08, 2015
  • Score: 1
Not sure if it is a problem with a Firefox add-on, but I thought I'd report this...

There appears to be something different in the way that the Toodledo tabs Outlines, Lists & Habits work as opposed to Tasks & Notes. Whenever I click on the Tasks or Notes tab, that functionality comes up in the current Firefox tab. When I first click on the Outlines, Lists, or Habits tab, that functionality comes up in a new Firefox tab. Thereafter, they try to stay in the new tab. I wonder if has anything to do with the fact that I pinned the original Toodledo tab in Firefox?

Anyone else notice this?

This message was edited Feb 08, 2015.
DSM_2

Posted Feb 08, 2015 in: Progress Report - January 2015
Score: 2
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Feb 08, 2015
  • Score: 2
Can you enumerate what functionality Notes in TD provides you above and beyond what you might get from having (say) a list of URLs that pointed to your Evernote notes as needed?

Point being, let Evernote do the note taking functionality which it seems to be doing very well. Integrate that capability into TD through the TD API and IFTTT. Let Toodledo focus on the core of task management like:

1. Task chains or dependencies
2. Multi-level parent/child tasks
3. Arbitrary task relationships (DAGs)
4. Scriptable status changes (TaskB becomes Next when TaskA is Done, etc.)
5. Status changes based on other variables

These would make Toodledo a task management system that is head and shoulders above what is out there today.
DSM_2

Posted Feb 07, 2015 in: Handling a missed, repeating task
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2015
I've sort of asked this before in a different way, but...

What is the appropriate way of handling a repeating task that you miss an instance of? For instance, if I have a daily, repeating task to remind me to take some medication at a particular time, what should I do with the Toodledo task if I forget to take my medication? The task won't reset to remind me to take my medication the next day *unless* I mark the task as complete, *but* doesn't that screw up goal tracking? Should I clone the task and delete the current task -- seems kind of overkill and still would mess up goal tracking, wouldn't it? Should I mark it complete so that it will reset and then unmark it -- not sure that would work in the web interface and might get messy in the iOS interface, right?

What do you think?
DSM_2

Posted Nov 14, 2014 in: Is there any way i can edit my tags?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Nov 14, 2014
If not delete them, how about "hide" them? How about being able to mark a tag as (say) "unimportant" and, then, have unimportant tags be automatically moved to the end of any tags list display. This could be done by (say) adding "zzz_" to the beginning of a task name and sorting normally in the tags list *or* (based on a setting) just don't show any tags whose name begins with "zzz_".

Just a suggestion for Bridget. ;-)
DSM_2

Posted Aug 18, 2014 in: Rearranging columns
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Aug 18, 2014
Ack! Found it. Didn't realize that there is a left-right scroll bar...
DSM_2

Posted Aug 18, 2014 in: Rearranging columns
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Aug 18, 2014
Didn't help -- I still can't find the icon (Customize icon?) on the far right side of the to-do list or anywhere else. Any more hints?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next