ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by DSM"
DSM_2

Posted Dec 05, 2009 in: Automatic Sequence Enforcement
Score: 0
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Dec 05, 2009
  • Score: 0
Note that the dependency of one task on another might be a serialization dependency (ie. task B starts when task A finishes) or a parallel dependency (ie. task B starts when task A starts). You should take both dependencies into account.

I supposed a third option might be a delayed dependency. That is, task B might start after some delay when triggered by task A.
DSM_2

Posted Nov 27, 2009 in: Restart capability?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Nov 27, 2009
In experimenting with Toodledo, it occurred to me that having a restart capability might be useful. This would be to allow you to try out different organizations of your tasks. This is basically an export all, delete all, import all process. I see the export and import capability in Toodledo, but I don't see a "delete all" capability. Am I missing something?
DSM_2

Score: 1
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Sep 23, 2009
  • Score: 1
It appears that the "Remind me" field is not in the Settings options of the IPhone versions of Toodledo. For me, when I create a new task, the "Remind me" field is between Due Date and Due Time. I'd like to rearrange the field and give it an appropriate default, but, since it is not in the Settings, I cannot.

Known bug?
DSM_2

Posted Aug 16, 2009 in: Managing Tags ?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Aug 16, 2009
Is any changes coming to Toodledo to facilitate the management of tags? For instance:

* A list of tags
* Which tags are still in use
* Deleting old tags
* Renaming tags
* Which tags should be archived (ie. not deleted, but not displayed)
* etc.
DSM_2

Posted Aug 13, 2009 in: Toodledo, iPhone, & Google Calendar
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Aug 13, 2009
This may not be a bug -- just an unimplemented feature. ;-)

When I use Google App on iPhone to view my Google Calendar, I can't find any of my Toodledo appointments. All I find is the All Day section which is usually empty (because the appointments are at a specific time).

Anyone tried this? Am I missing something?
DSM_2

Posted Jul 29, 2009 in: Report on Completed Tasks?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2009
I see the list of "Recently" Completed Tasks, but is there a control on what the definition of "Recently" is? I'd like to produce weekly, monthly, quarterly, and (perhaps) yearly reports on tasks that I've finished. Is there such a control?
DSM_2

Posted Jul 29, 2009 in: Todo list and notebook really seperate?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2009
Has anyone compared the features of Toodledo Notebook vs. Evernote Notebook? What's the value-add of Toodledo Notebook over Evernote? Maybe it would be better to scrap the Toodledo Notebook and instead tightly integrate with Evernote.
DSM_2

Posted Jul 22, 2009 in: Simplified Access for Wife
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jul 22, 2009
My wife is not a computer user, but I'd like to get her into viewing our Toodledo tasks via her cellphone. The simplified HTML connection seems like the way to go, but I wonder if I can:

* Drop the Hotlist from the view?
* Control which folder(s) are displayed?
* Do the above by bookmarked URL that I can put in her phone?
DSM_2

Posted Jul 13, 2009 in: Feature request: why is this important?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jul 13, 2009
It would be nice if there was a button on the iPhone app to have it tell you why a task is important (ie. how did the Importance get to 10+?). Yeah, I could probably look up the meaning of Importance and figure it out, but I shouldn't have to keep that formula in my head.
DSM_2

• DSM_2
  • Posted: May 11, 2009
Posted by Anders:
I just wanted to make sure that you were aware of the developer's website: http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/Products.aspx
This forum is obviously also a good way to get in contact with them, but there is a lot of good information on the Outlook tool product page, and there is also a contact page there.

Note, though, that he suggests here:

http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx

that the place to get support is the Toodledo Developer's Forum (I know he knows that questions should be in the Third-Party Forum, but I guess he hasn't updated this yet). This is the link that Toodledo refers to in their list of third-party export/import/sync applications.
DSM_2

Posted Apr 13, 2009 in: Outlook Sync - data model?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Apr 13, 2009
Ah, you hit my question (contexts vs. folders).

By data model, I am mostly meaning the mapping between Toodledo and Outlook, but I'm also meaning the mapping that *you* are using for basic GTD concepts and what implements them (as you see it) in Outlook and Toodledo. It would be good to have something about this on your website so that potential users are not surprised by side-effects from the mapping you use. For instance, in my case of using Taglocity in Outlook I think would cause a huge creation of folders in Toodledo if I used your sync app.

By the way, what do you do with an Outlook task that has multiple categories attached to it? Duplicate the task multiple times in Toodledo so you can put it into each folder that is a mapping of the category? What do (or will) you do with Toodledo Tags?
DSM_2

Posted Apr 12, 2009 in: Outlook Sync - data model?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Apr 12, 2009
I'd still be interested in knowing what the data model is that Outlook Sync is using. That is, exactly what is mapped to what between Toodledo and Outlook by the sync routine?

A simple thing like mapping Contexts to Folders could make for a profoundly different experience in Outlook especially if you're using another Outlook add-in (Jello Dashboard) that expects Categories to be used as Contexts.

Can you provide some details?
DSM_2

Posted Apr 08, 2009 in: Ultimate Todos
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Apr 08, 2009
I'm still waiting for iKeepass which is going into its fourth month of waiting for Apple to approve it. :-(
DSM_2

Posted Apr 01, 2009 in: Filter not correct
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Apr 01, 2009
I see setting "Date/Time", but not setting "Timezone". Can we assume that Toodledo handles Daylight Savings Time as well as Standard Time?
DSM_2

Posted Apr 01, 2009 in: Hidden Active Task?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Apr 01, 2009
In my Main view of my tasks on the Toodledo web-site, there is a message "1 active task is hidden due to your filter settings. Turn off filters" at the bottom of my Tasks list. Clicking on the "Turn off filters" doesn't seem to have any effect. Bug?
DSM_2

Posted Mar 26, 2009 in: Outlook Plug-in - Alpha Testers needed
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Mar 26, 2009
I kind of want to play with this, but I haven't got time right now to deal with the potential issues in an alpha.

I would still like to hear more details of the data model you are (or will be) using -- in particular, what you're mapping Toodledo tasks, contexts, tags, folders, priority, and status to in Outlook.
DSM_2

Posted Mar 19, 2009 in: Outlook Plug-in - Alpha Testers needed
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Mar 19, 2009
Can you provide more information on the sync process between Toodledo (TD) and Outlook (OL) that you will be using? What are you mapping TD tasks, contexts, tags, and folders to in OL?
DSM_2

Posted Mar 18, 2009 in: Sync Contexts to Outlook Categories
Score: 1
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Mar 18, 2009
  • Score: 1
Actually, let me rephrase that...

What is needed here is a complete data model for GTD data that can then be represented properly in Outlook, Toodledo, Jello-Dashboard (the three I'm using at the moment) and so on. With a proper data model, there is the likelihood of moving back and forth between the tools to find what works for you. Without the data model, you get lock-in...

So, with that in mind:

* Tasks
** Outlook: Tasks
** Toodledo: Tasks

* Projects
** Outlook: a Contacts folder named "Projects"
** Toodledo: Tasks with subtasks

* Folders
** Outlook: Folders
** Toodledo: Folders

* Contexts
* Outlook: Categories beginning with "@"
* Toodledo: Contexts

* Tags
** Outlook: Categories (no leading-@)
** Toodledo: Tags

And so on...
DSM_2

Posted Mar 18, 2009 in: Sync Contexts to Outlook Categories
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Mar 18, 2009
Posted by keef:
I should also point out that I've set things up so that you can use Contexts to filter between different sets of tasks on different Outlook setups.

For instance I use Contexts to separate the tasks I sync to my home PC from the tasks I sync to my office PC. This to me falls more in line with the aim of Contexts in the GTD method. From my understanding of the book, Contexts separate the different situations where you consider your tasks (home, office , travel etc), whereas folders are the 'maniila folders' you use to categorize (ie Categories) the tasks you would consider within each Context.

Hmmm. But what are you using to represent a Context in Outlook?

I think most other GTD tools that support Outlook uses Categories as Contexts. I would think that you'd want to represent this as Tags in Toodledo.

If you're equating Outlook Categories to Toodledo Folders, what do you do with the Outlook Task that has multiple Categories? Can Toodledo handle having a single task in multiple folders?
DSM_2

Posted Mar 12, 2009 in: More Silly Questions
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Mar 12, 2009
Doesn't this present a problem for cross-program syncing?? For instance, in syncing with Outlook, should Toodledo folders be equated with Outlook email folders or Outlook Categories? Should tags be equated with Categories? If both are equated with Categories, doesn't that create problems when syncing back to Toodledo?

I guess what I'm asking is -- is there a "standard" data model that applications like Toodledo, Outlook, RTM, etc., should conform to?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next