ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by DSM"
DSM_2

Posted Feb 07, 2014 in: Cannot find Firefox Addon
Score: 0
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2014
  • Score: 0
I have the v1.82 of the Toodledo Extension installed on one computer and wanted to install it on another. I see v1.78 in the Mozilla Addons library. I cannot find the Addon mentioned in the Tools menu on Toodledo.com (am I just missing it?). There is an FAQ that seems to be pointing to it, but the place it points redirects me to the Tools menu (I think there is something wrong there). Where is the addon?
DSM_2

Posted Jan 25, 2014 in: Auotomatically change task status
Score: 2
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 25, 2014
  • Score: 2
Boy, seems that people invent tricks to do things that Toodledo (or any task manager) should do by itself. The tricks seem to come down to a desire to trigger something to happen to a task when something else happens that is related to the task. For instance, automatically promote a task to "Next Action'" when its dependencies are done. Ranking your Next Actions by Priority gets you what to work on next.
DSM_2

Posted Jan 04, 2014 in: Read-only Toodledo?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2014
Hmmm. Printable booklets...
DSM_2

Posted Jan 04, 2014 in: Task Sequencing?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2014
Yeah, I think I know what you mean...

Mind you, I think task dependencies would be highly useful (do THIS after THOSE) even from the task management perspective. Most already do the parent/child relationships (THIS is done when all THOSE are done). The next would be scripting (IFTTT is a step in that direction). For task management to grow up into project management, not only will it have to do Gantt/Pert charts (ie. task dependencies), but also need to factor in resource utilization and other thngs that the project tools do. That's probably a long way off.
DSM_2

Posted Jan 02, 2014 in: Read-only Toodledo?
Score: 1
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 02, 2014
  • Score: 1
Hmmm. Publishing..?

Maybe that will work for me...
DSM_2

Posted Jan 02, 2014 in: Read-only Toodledo?
  • DSM_2
I'd like to build a list of tasks that the rest of my family could refer to *safely*. The problem is that the rest of my family is not (yet) very computer savvy. Therefore, I'd like the list to be read-only. One approach would simply be to regularly printout the list of tasks from (say) a saved search and hand it to them, but the current printout capability in Toodledo is severely lacking (very small font). I don't think an RSS feed would work as things disappear from the feed as soon as they're read which might lead the family to believe that they don't have to worry about it anymore.

Any other options for doing this?
DSM_2

Posted Jan 02, 2014 in: Task Sequencing?
  • DSM_2
So users are finding workarounds for something that Toodledo should do by itself...

I think I understand your process. It would be better to do this with Outlines, but Outlines is not yet supported in the mobile apps.
DSM_2

Posted Jan 01, 2014 in: Search with "OR"
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 01, 2014
My mistake -- I see how to do this now. Very good.
DSM_2

Posted Jan 01, 2014 in: Search with "OR"
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 01, 2014
I see that you can build Saved Searches to do many things including tasks matching ALL or ANY of a list of criteria. However, what I'd like is to be able to search with conjunctions that are either AND or OR. For instance, I'd like to search for tasks where the Tag is A or Tag is B and Status is Active. Can that be done?
DSM_2

Posted Dec 31, 2013 in: Bulk Editing of Tags
Score: 3
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Dec 31, 2013
  • Score: 3
Please consider adding "Tags" to the "Organize" menu. I am considering new strategies for managing my tasks beyond the standard stuff that Toodledo supports and it all comes down to well defined Tags. This will include the need for the following:

1. Bulk add/delete/change tags
2. Categorize tags -- suggest adding "X:" to the beginning of a tag to allow a tag to be added to up to 62 categories ([A-Za-z0-9]).
3. Deletion of tag either cascade deletes all tasks with that tag or removes the tag from all tasks (user choice).
4. Increase the size of the tag list per task as much as possible or perhaps add multiple tag fields to Toodledo.
5. Ensure that tags added on the web UI are visible on the iOS App (and vice versa).
6. Consider tracking when a tag is created and last used (ie. applied to a task) so that the user can readily see which tags can be cleaned up as I could foresee an explosion in the use of tags within Toodledo.
DSM_2

Posted Dec 31, 2013 in: Task Sequencing?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Dec 31, 2013
Does anyone do task sequencing with Toodledo? That is, how would you show that TaskB should be worked on when TaskA is finished? As far as I can see, the only way to sequence tasks in Toodledo is via DueDate, but that's very problematic and coarse-grained. I suppose you could create a List/Outline in Toodledo that is the sequence of tasks you want to do, but:

1. Toodledo doesn't yet support List/Outline on iOS, so you could refer to your sequence on your phone.
2. Toodledo doesn't (AFAIK) allow linking of List/Outline items to tasks so that you could jump to the underlying task.
3. You couldn't really use Toodledo's task management tools to manage items on your List/Outline.

Any other ideas on this?
DSM_2

Posted Dec 30, 2013 in: Kid friendly Toodledo App on Kurio?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Dec 30, 2013
Anyone know of a kid-friendly, read-only Toodledo App on the Kurio 7s Android tablet? Done properly, I figure I could setup the family list of to-dos that my wife could access on her iPhone and my daughter could access on her Kurio.

Another thought would be to use IFTTT (if possible) to take Toodledo tasks tagged for my daughter and post them to some place that she could see on her Kurio. Any ideas?
DSM_2

Posted Dec 27, 2013 in: iOS app Hotlist format of date
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Dec 27, 2013
I tried your suggestion of Folder, DueDate, DueTime, Context, etc. That added the DueTime to the Task as a separate field from DueDate and, of course, Context is no longer visible. That's bad -- <Due-Date, Due-Time> should not be counted as two separate fields (same with <Start-Date, Start-Time>).

Interesting that it comes out as DueDate, DueTime, Folder on the display rather than Folder, DueDate, DueTime...
DSM_2

Posted Dec 27, 2013 in: iOS app Hotlist format of date
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Dec 27, 2013
Hmmm. The key thing I am noticing is that, when Due-Time is set, on the iOS app, <Due-Date, Due-Time> is coming out as "Date" (including "Today" and "Tomorrow") whereas, on the web, <Due-Date, Due-Time> is coming out as "Due: Date at Time". I think it used to come out as "Date@Time" on the iOS app. It doesn't seem to matter where <Due-Date, Due-Time> is in the fields list. Should I try <Due-Time, Due-Date>? That doesn't seem sensible. Also, <Due-Time> doesn't seem right either.

Wait a second -- I just noticed that my settings for Fields & Defaults on the iOS app are Priority, Folder, Context, Due-Date, Due-Time, etc., but the Task display (All tasks, Hotlist, etc.) seems to be Priority, Subject, Note-Indicator, Star, Context, Due-Date, Folder, etc., so the two really don't match. Are they supposed to?
DSM_2

Posted Dec 23, 2013 in: iOS app Hotlist format of date
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Dec 23, 2013
Any particular height? I currently have it set as Folder, Context, Due-Date, Due-Time and I still get date without time...
DSM_2

Posted Dec 23, 2013 in: Birthdays
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Dec 23, 2013
The management of birthdays is better done in you Contacts list on the iPhone or Windows systems.
DSM_2

Posted Dec 22, 2013 in: iOS app Hotlist format of date
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Dec 22, 2013
I noticed recently that the Hotlist was formatting when my tasks were due as just the DueDate and not the DueTime. So, instead of getting a Due @10am, I'm getting a Due @Today. I don't think this was always true, so I'm thinking some formatting option has changed and I'm hoping I can reset it. The reason this has become important to me is that I have a task that I want to do twice a day. To do that, I put in two tasks -- one for the morning and one for the evening. With the formatting of Due as above, I can't tell the difference between the two and, so, don't know which to click as done. I suppose I could change the name of one task, but I shouldn't have to do that if Due formatting was working. Is there an option I'm missing?
DSM_2

Posted Dec 19, 2013 in: Toodledo's RSS feed problems
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Dec 19, 2013
Hmmm. So the 10 happened to you to..? I'll see if I can contact Feedly.
DSM_2

• DSM_2
  • Posted: Dec 18, 2013
At the very worst, they should turn off the print capability if it is not working and only turn it on when it is. I can't imagine anyone finding 4 point font easy to read, so I can't imagine this feature is being used. If they haven't got time to make`it work now (which is understandable), they should at least not confuse the customers (as they apparently have) by offering it up as a working feature.
DSM_2

Posted Dec 18, 2013 in: Toodledo's RSS feed problems
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Dec 18, 2013
Boy, I'm not having a lot of luck with Toodledo's features.

My wife didn't want to learn (yet) the use of Toodledo on iPhone -- she preferred to get it in email. I thought I'd take a look at RSS feeds, so I activated the RSS feed on Toodledo for my account.

The first problem was how to read the RSS feed on the iPhone. Clicking on the URL in Safari sent me to the App Store to look for an RSS feed reader (I think), but it failed to connect to the App Store (multiple times) and told me it couldn't connect. So I went searching...

First stop was the Byline app, but it needed to have Feedly setup to work (Google changed things). So I tried to setup the Feedly app and load up the Toodledo URL for the RSS feed. After some fiddling, I could see my tasks, but they were formatted strangely in that the first 10 were indented and the rest seemed okay. Okay -- maybe Byline would now give me a better perspective. The format of Byline was much nicer, but it only saw the first 10 articles for some reason. Looking at Feedly on Firefox on a PC makes the feed look even more different, but all articles seem to be there. Now I'm confused as to what to do or how to evaluate the feed and determine where the problem is.

Has the RSS feed from Toodledo been tested lately? If so, how? What RSS feed reader(s) have been used against it -- particularly on the iPhone? Could Feedly be mis-evaluating the Toodledo RSS feed or does Toodledo's RSS feed have bugs?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next