ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by DSM"
DSM_2

Posted Aug 17, 2014 in: Rearranging columns
Score: 0
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Aug 17, 2014
  • Score: 0
On Toodledo.com, I can't quite figure out how to rearrange columns. I've set myself into Grid mode and I can pickup a column to move, but Toodledo will not let me drop it in a new location. I think there is supposed to be a "Customize" button that I hit first, but I cannot find that button. Where is it supposed to be? What am I missing?
DSM_2

• DSM_2
  • Posted: Jul 02, 2014
Another part of this would be cleaning up missed tasks after they've been noted as missed.
DSM_2

Score: 1
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jul 01, 2014
  • Score: 1
Hmmm. Given that, then the Feature Request that I would make would be to make the Hotlist into a pointer to the user defined Saved Search and default to a standard Saved Search.
DSM_2

• DSM_2
  • Posted: Jun 28, 2014
Hmmm. Can you also affect the Hotlist via the Status field? That is, if I move the task to Reference (or some other non-Active status), will the Hotlist know that I'm not going to do it right now? If not, shouldn't it?

This message was edited Jun 28, 2014.
DSM_2

• DSM_2
  • Posted: Jun 25, 2014
And how do you hide it from the HotList?
DSM_2

Posted Jun 25, 2014 in: View by Calendar
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jun 25, 2014
I've mentioned this before in other ways as well. In order to get from here to there, the first fundamental step would seem to be for Toodledo to recognize the difference between a task (or to-do item) and an event (or calendar item). Currently, Toodledo has problems when trying to treat tasks as events (ie. the meeting is at timeX) as either alarms (ie. the meeting is about to begin) or start times don't make sense when a task is treated as an event. Fundamentally, it would seem that a field is needed to mark an item in Toodledo as either a task or an event. After that, though, what changes need to be made to accomodate this (even to the API) are probably quite big.

Toodledo should move in this direction as it would truly separate it from the other task managers out there. It should probably do it in a stepwise fashion and work with its customers on how to do this rather than keep everything under wraps until it is ready. Stepwise development done in concert with the customers can more easily be undone if it goes wrong. I hope they will consider this.
DSM_2

Posted Jun 08, 2014 in: OrganiTask or Toodledo
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2014
OrganiTask sounds interesting, but doesn't look like its ready for primetime yet based on its documentation. If it supports multi-layer subtasks, I'll keep an eye on it. I'm also looking for a task manager that supports task dependencies.
DSM_2

• DSM_2
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2014
I think there are three possible outcomes to a task:

1. It is DONE in some manner and is so marked.
2. It no longer makes sense and, so, is deleted.
3. It was missed and we want to mark it that way so that we can later see what was missed.

How do you do #3 ?
DSM_2

Posted May 19, 2014 in: Items hidden by filters
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: May 19, 2014
Feature request:

I'd like to be able to easily see what tasks have been hidden due to my filters. Extra credit if it could indicate which filter(s) caused the task to be hidden.

Reason: I occasionally feel that more tasks are being hidden than I intended and this feature would help me feel more comfortable about what is hidden.
DSM_2

Posted May 16, 2014 in: Toodledo and ADHD
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: May 16, 2014
Hmmm. Interesting post. I myself may be heading into what you are experiencing as I was diagnosed with MS and my short term memory is becoming problematic. I, too, have been looking at Toodledo as my memory device.

First, I think that, if you can teach yourself to closely follow the GTD review process at regular intervals, then the tool that you use to manage your to-dos is not so important and even paper and pencil will work. However, rigorously following the GTD process is not easy and any tool that would help can be a plus.

Second, Toodledo has a lot of integrations that might help you. For instance, you might find a recipe (or two) of interest on IFTTT.com.

Toodledo, though, has the following problems that I would like to see fixed:

1. Better handling of events vs. tasks in Toodledo.

1a. For instance, if you put an event in Toodledo and set the due date to when the event happens and length to how long the event will be (which seems natural), Toodledo will not show this right on a calendar. It will show the event as starting at DUE-LENGTH. If you set START, then ALARM is not right as it is based on DUE.

1b. Some things you want to show on a calendar (ie. events) and some things you don't (ie. long tasks). This is why there should be a marker in Toodledo to explicitly say that the item is an event (and, therefore, should go on the calendar).

2. Toodledo only has (I think) two levels of tasks in its parent-child relationships and does not handle task dependencies. Without task dependencies, you cannot easily say "do taskD only when taskA, taskB, and taskC are done". You might put the tasks into a parent-child relationhip and, thus, do the parent when the children are done. However, that can be an unnatural setup for the tasks and the generally accepted view of parent-child is that when the children are done, then the parent is done (not started). Plus, pushing tasks into this kind of unnatural setup will quickly use up your task levels.

3. Toodledo needs a printout capability that works. There has been problems with font size in the printouts which makes it difficult to give Toodledo to my (computer challenged) wife. However, this might be working now -- I'm still experimenting.

I'm still trying to find the best tools for this. One new tool that I found was OrgMode in Emacs. If you can get past the learning curve, it has the features I mentioned above *and* it has a Toodledo integration, but it's still a work in progress.

Don't give up...
DSM_2

• DSM_2
  • Posted: May 12, 2014
Is this still a problem?? I did printouts recently in landscape and the font size seemed good. I thought that they had fixed the font size, but now I wonder.
DSM_2

Posted May 12, 2014 in: Items in a *non*-collapsed group
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: May 12, 2014
I see that, on the website, when you collapse the headers, the number of items in the collapsed header are reported. Could it also report the number of items in the group when it is in the non-collapsed state?
DSM_2

Posted May 03, 2014 in: Print Formating
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: May 03, 2014
Did print formating get better? I just did a printout of my tasks using the Toodledo print button and, in Landscape, the printout seems quite usable now. If this is a fix, it's definitely for the better. Now I can do basic printouts of the big task list for my computer-challenged wife. Thanks (I think)...
DSM_2

Posted Mar 03, 2014 in: Future Tasks
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Mar 03, 2014
Give it a StartDate?
DSM_2

Posted Feb 25, 2014 in: Poodledo & Perl Module
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Feb 25, 2014
The Perl Module for Toodledo seems to be working. It took a lot of work to get it installed into a full installation of Cygwin on Windows 8.1 ("dependency hell"), but, once it started working, I was able to adapt one of the example scripts to print out all of my tasks. I'm still learning the ins and outs of App::Toodledo, but, if I can a nice printout of tasks for my wife, I'll be happy.
DSM_2

Posted Feb 25, 2014 in: Org-Toodledo for Emacs
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Feb 25, 2014
With some help from Chris White, I was able to get Org-Toodledo working with Emacs. The key was to get GnuTLS properly installed on Windows so that the HTTPS connection worked. Still experimenting with it, but Org-Mode in Emacs looks like a powerful task management tool and, so, integrating it with Toodledo could be interesting.
DSM_2

Posted Feb 16, 2014 in: Org-Toodledo for Emacs
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Feb 16, 2014
Anyone making use of this addition to org-mode on Emacs? I'm attempting to set v2.13 up on Emacs 24.3 for Windows 8.1, but I get a connection problem on 'api.toodledo.com:443'. Anyone have better luck?
DSM_2

Posted Feb 12, 2014 in: Poodledo & Perl Module
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Feb 12, 2014
Oh, so I take it you've said "Toodleloo" to Poodledo..?
DSM_2

Posted Feb 11, 2014 in: Poodledo & Perl Module
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Feb 11, 2014
Anyone using the Toodledo Perl Module or Poodledo? Has anyone used them to get simple printouts of your Toodledo tasks? Perhaps use it to get the results of a saved search and print that out? Have you used them from Windows 8.1?

I would really like to produce a nice printout of my tasks from various types of queries. I hope someone has already done something.
DSM_2

Posted Feb 07, 2014 in: Cannot find Firefox Addon
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2014
Oh, I see. The Toodledo extension has been dropped in favor of the Toodledo Bookmarklet. Something new to learn...
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next