ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by DSM"
DSM_2

Posted Dec 15, 2012 in: iCal Start time is Due - Length -- Huh?
Score: 0
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2012
  • Score: 0
I have an iPhone and tried exporting my tasks to iCal so that my iPhone calendar could subscribe to them. When I looked at my iPhone calendar, I could see that the iCal calendar was subscribed and my tasks were showing up on the calendar. However, it appeared that the Start time for the task was being computed as Due - Length which didn't make sense (particularly for Due On tasks). Am I making sense? Is there a bug here?
DSM_2

Posted Oct 31, 2012 in: Reading the forums on iPad ?
Score: 1
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Oct 31, 2012
  • Score: 1
Is there an App that would be good for reading/replying to the Toodledo forums? TapATalk?
DSM_2

Posted Oct 31, 2012 in: Siri and Toodledo
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Oct 31, 2012
The problem with the reminder API is that, once the reminders are sucked into Toodledo and deleted from the Reminders list, you can no longer ask Siri to "show me tomorrow's reminders" while you're in the car. Since Toodledo doesn't update Reminders, not deleting the reminder just gets confusing.

Is the reminder API one way? Could you mark a new task in Toodledo as connected to a reminder so that updates in either will update both?
DSM_2

• DSM_2
  • Posted: Sep 07, 2012
Oh! Now I see what's happening. My eyes must be getting old. I didn't see the left menu change when I clicked on (say) Folders -- I was concentrating on the central tasks list. Now that I see the change, I understand what's going on. I was wrong about the hotlist as well. The change on the screen was so close to filling the screen, that I thought there were more items on the next page -- there were not.

Thanks -- now the website is much more usable for me.
DSM_2

• DSM_2
For instance, clicking on the left toolbar items (Hot List, All Tasks, etc.) doesn't seem to change anything in the list. The Hot List item says that there are 6 items in the Hot List, but clicking on it shows much more than 6.

What am I missing??
DSM_2

• DSM_2
I don't understand how to use the Toodledo interface on the Toodledo web-page. The interface doesn't seem to match the interface in the Toodledo iPhone App, so I'm confused how to use it. How do I go to a particular Folder (Context, Tag, DueDate, etc.) and see the list of tasks in the Folder (etc.)? Give me a step by step...
DSM_2

Posted Jun 17, 2011 in: How to get list of Folders & Contexts?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jun 17, 2011
I know that you can go to the "Folders" or "Contexts" menu items in the left bar to see the list of each and perhaps change it, but how can I capture that list for the future (like export to XML)? I tried clipping it using Evernote, but Evernote seems to be unable to capture the text boxes where the information is.

Any other suggestions?
DSM_2

Posted May 24, 2011 in: Automatic Sequence Enforcement
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: May 24, 2011
So what's the status of "task dependency"?
DSM_2

Posted Mar 24, 2011 in: Chromatic Dragon dead?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Mar 24, 2011
I've noticed a lot of discussion on this forum about Chromatic Dragon's ToodledoSync for Outlook, but I have not seen any replies from Chromatic Dragon to know if the application is still alive and continuing development. Anyone know?

I recently got ToodledoSync working in my setup and its okay, but there are a few facilities that I would like to see added to it:

1. I would like to see all Outlook Categories added to Toodledo's Tags on top of what is already done with Categories. I use Taglocity, so often have a long list of Categories attached to a task that I'd like to sync back and forth.

2. Given #1, I'd like to have more options on which Tasks are synced from Outlook to Toodledo. For instance, I should be able to choose Categories to sync.

3. There is a lot more that could be done with Followup flags and such.

Anyone know if Chromatic Dragon is dead?
DSM_2

Posted Mar 20, 2011 in: Security of Toodledo iPhone App?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Mar 20, 2011
I've seen a lot of close questions to this, but nothing that directly addresses it:

What protocol does Toodledo use for communicating with it's iPhone/iPad app (http or https)? The documents seem to suggest that the Pro subscriber can change to SSL communication by changing the URL to "https:", but I don't see how to do that in the iPhone app.
DSM_2

• DSM_2
  • Posted: Mar 07, 2011
At work, I am a heavy user of Outlook. At home, I'm becoming a heavy user of Toodledo. Now I'm trying to figure out how best to make them play together. The (lack of) documentation makes this very difficult.

The options that I see in this endeavor are Import/Export via an ICS file, Chromatic Dragon's Sync tool, and Ceptara's Organizer. Each seem to have more minuses than pluses:

1. ToodledoSync seems useful for sync "Tasks" between Toodledo and Outlook. It does not, however, seem to recognize events and sync them with my Outlook Calendar as well. Also, it lacks some flexibility in dealing with Categories in Outlook (I use Taglocity).

2. The information on ICS is not well explained that I've been able to find. To me, it looks like ICS would wind up importing all my tasks as events and have them show up on my calendar. I'm reluctant to test this to find out.

3. The Ceptara Organizer seems promising, but is probably significant overkill since I'm already using Outlook. I'm still trying to understand it's capabilities, though.

Anyone care to add their explanation of ICS with respect to Outlook?
DSM_2

• DSM_2
  • Posted: Mar 03, 2011
I think ToodledoSync should make more use of Tags in Toodledo. I use Taglocity with Outlook and would like to carry the Tags into Toodledo. I think the way to do that is to map all Categories into Tags in Toodledo and vice-versa. I don't think this would get in the way of anything else that ToodledoSync is doing.

Could this be done?
DSM_2

Posted Mar 02, 2011 in: ToodledoSync field mapping
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Mar 02, 2011
Can someone detail the mapping of Outlook fields to Toodledo fields that Chromatic Dragon's ToodledoSync does?? I see that you can map categories to folders *or* contexts -- is it possible to map some as folders and some as contexts? Anyone using Taglocity with Outlook?
DSM_2

Posted Jan 07, 2011 in: Toodledo Email Import?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 07, 2011
Ah, thanks. That makes sense.
DSM_2

Posted Jan 07, 2011 in: Multi-Location Tasks?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 07, 2011
Hmmm. If you don't support Multi-location tasks, another option might be to setup a parent task with child tasks for each location. This, though, might require that marking a child task as complete would cause the parent to be marked complete and, thus, make the other child tasks go away.

Is that doable?
DSM_2

Posted Jan 02, 2011 in: Toodledo Email Import?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 02, 2011
About Toodledo's email import, the help documentation doesn't explain what the defaults are for the task. In particular, if you don't specify it, what folder will it go in?
DSM_2

Posted Dec 16, 2010 in: Multi-Location Tasks?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Dec 16, 2010
I'm not sure I understand the new Location field and what to do with it in some circumstances...

If I have a task that like "Buy toy at Tioys'R'Us", then putting the location of the Toys'R'Us into the Location field makes sense so that you can be alerted when you pass the store. However:

1. How do you get the location of the Toys'R'Us if you haven't been there in a while?
2. What if there are multiple toy stores in your area and you could do the task at any?
3. Should we treat Location as a replacement for (one part of) Context in all situations?
4. Should Location always be GPS coordinates (or the equivalent) or is a general name okay?
DSM_2

Posted Nov 24, 2010 in: Curiosity -- How much do you Topodledo?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Nov 24, 2010
Just a little curious:

1. Do you GTD? Strict or a variation?
2. How many tasks do you have in Toodledo typically?
3. How many tasks do you have in your largest folder? largest ccntext?
4. Do you tag tasks? How many tags do you have?
5. How far into the future do your tasks go typically?
6. Do you "what if" plan on Toodledo or only put in definite to-dos?

David
DSM_2

Posted Jun 27, 2010 in: Bugs in Toodledo for iPad
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jun 27, 2010
I'm using Toodledo on my iPad. It looks good, but still has some problems:

1. It's inconsistent about which is a left-side item and which is a right-side item. For instance, the General Preferences show on the right while other preferences show on the left. You should keep things more consistent for us ADHDers.

2. Editing a task note brings up a popup for editing the note, but saving the edit doesn't seem to update the already displayed note underneath. You have to move away from the task and come back to get it to update.
DSM_2

Posted Mar 26, 2010 in: iPhone and Daylight Saving Time
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Mar 26, 2010
I'm not sure, but I think the recent time change messed up the times of my appointments. For instance, an appointment I entered for 9:45am became 8:45am.

Is this a known issue? Or did I just mistype.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next