ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by DSM"
DSM

Posted Oct 17, 2016 in: Published ToDo List Format?
Score: 0
  • DSM
  • Posted: Oct 17, 2016
  • Score: 0
Are there any options for formatting the published to-do list? In other words, what fields to display, whether to do multi-line, etc.?
DSM

• DSM
  • Posted: Oct 15, 2016
Why are there size limits on the backup/restore (or export/import) processes? At the moment, I don't think I'm outside the limit (although you don't give a formula for converting numbers of tasks, etc., to data size), but just seeing the size limits worries me that, at some time in the future, I may not be able to safely backup/restore my Toodledo setup. My thought right now is that I have a wife and daughter who are not very computer literate, so giving them their own Toodledo accounts may be more difficult than just sharing my account and warning them not to do some things. However, accidents can occur and, so, having a reliable backup/restore mechanism would be very helpful (as well as a good way of tracking changes that have been made!). That is why I wonder why the backup/restore mechanism has file size limits. Care to explain and offer ideas?
DSM

Posted Oct 14, 2016 in: Number of Tasks displayed?
  • DSM
  • Posted: Oct 14, 2016
Ah yes, forgot about that! Thanks.
DSM

Posted Oct 14, 2016 in: Number of Tasks displayed?
  • DSM
  • Posted: Oct 14, 2016
Could the number of tasks displayed be moved from the bottom of the task list to the top of the list? I think it would be more obvious and useful there.
DSM

• DSM
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2016
That will work for now. However, I'd suggest finding a tool to hook up with to make the process work better. Perhaps PrintFriendly.com ?
DSM

Score: 1
  • DSM
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2016
  • Score: 1
My first attempt at printing a (rather) large outline was rather disheartening. Got mostly blank pages (with printer hearders) and not too much else. What did come out of the outline was in a rather large font and, therefore, wrapped in a not nice way and cut things off. Is Outline printout being worked on?
DSM

• DSM
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2016
My mistake -- it seems this has been adjusted such that switching in a Pinned Tab creates a new tab for all task switches. This is not what I expect, but I see the logic (I assumed pin meant the application, but you seem to mean it as pin the original task). It used to be that Notes didn't follow the others.
DSM

• DSM
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2016
In Firefox 47.0 (and probably several versions before), if I have the Toodledo Task window in a Pinned Tab and then switch to Outlines or Lists, a new tab for the Outlines is created. However, if I switch from the Tasks tab to Notes, no new tab is created and the current tab is reused. I expect the second behavior to be true all the time. Can this be fixed?
DSM

Posted Jul 07, 2016 in: Outline: How do you rearrange topics?
  • DSM
  • Posted: Jul 07, 2016
I think I found the problem. If you click on a task item first (ie. change it to yellow), then attempt to drag and drop it with the drag icon, the drag icon will not work. You have to cancel the selection of the task first before using the drag icon.
DSM

Posted Jun 27, 2016 in: Outline: How do you rearrange topics?
  • DSM
  • Posted: Jun 27, 2016
I can't get the drag and drop to work. How do you get the four-arrow compass tool in front of a topic to work? I left-click it and nothing seems to happen. I right-click it and think I get the menu for the page. Once in a while, I seem to get it to work, but I can't figure out what the sequence is.
DSM_2

Posted Mar 28, 2016 in: My UserID
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Mar 28, 2016
When did my UserID change from "DSM" to "DSM_2"? Has that been done everywhere?
DSM_2

• DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2016
Is there a master Toodledo version number and change history somewhere that I could occasionally peruse to see what's been added to Toodledo lately? Do you guys maintain such a change history for general people to see?
DSM_2

Posted Jan 20, 2016 in: Export/Import to Emacs Outline Form?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 20, 2016
Could export/import to Emacs Outline form be added to Outlines?

Emacs Outline form is an older standard than OPML and a very simple text format that should work in most any text editor (not just Emacs). An Emacs outline looks like:

* Outline Item 1
Note 1
** Outline Item 1.1
Note 1.1
*** Outline Item 1.1.1
Note 1.1.1
** Outline Item 1.2
Note 1.2
* Outline Item 2
Note 2

The asterisks signify the level in the outline and are the only thing required in the outline format. You can have any number of levels represented by asterisks and you do not have to have all levels. The rest of the line after the asterisk is Item title and the lines between the asterisks are a note that goes with the previous item title. Blank lines between item titles and notes are extras for pretty printing.

I'm a very old Emacs hacker and this format would be easier and more flexible for me. The format seems to match up with Toodledo very well.

This message was edited Jan 20, 2016.
DSM_2

Posted Jan 20, 2016 in: Outline Notes?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 20, 2016
Is there a way to do "notes" in outlines? That is, a note is a text paragraph (or so) that describes the outline item. In Emacs Outline form, it would look like the following:

* Outline Item 1
Note 1
** Outline Item 1.1
Note 1.1
** Outline Item 1.2
Note 1.2
* Outline item 2
Note 2

Notes are useful when the item is a task on a project and you want to describe the task a little more than the one line that you would usually put into an outline.
DSM_2

Posted Jan 19, 2016 in: Outlines and OPML Import/Export?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2016
I'll try, but I suggest adding at least an FAQ on that.
DSM_2

Posted Jan 18, 2016 in: Outlines and OPML Import/Export?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 18, 2016
I saw something in one of the forum questions that suggested that you could import/export OPML into Toodledo Outlines, but I can't find any discussion on how to do that. I'd also like to find out what the limitations are on that (OPML doesn't seem to be a solid standard and different apps have minor differences). Is there a write-up somewhere on the details of OPML and Toodledo?
DSM_2

Posted Jan 14, 2016 in: Event time on iOS calendar wrong
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2016
Is this all documented somewhere? In other words, the difference between event and task in Toodledo as well as how they are treated when exporting to an iCal calendar?
DSM_2

Posted Jan 12, 2016 in: Event time on iOS calendar wrong
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2016
BTW, this would suggest that you need Alert before Start-Time for events. True?
DSM_2

• DSM_2
Interesting. The issue seems to be pinned tabs in Firefox. That's ashame as I like having Toodledo always there...
DSM_2

• DSM_2
Hmm. Trying it under Chrome stays in the same tab, so it does seem to be a browser related problem. The issue with pinned tabs mentioned above sounds possible as that is what I am doing. I'll have to experiment with that...
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next