ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by DSM"
DSM_2

Score: 0
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Oct 27, 2013
  • Score: 0
Anyone looked at ActiveInbox for managing your email directly in GMail? Basically, it makes use of the tagging system already in GMail for doing task management.
DSM_2

Posted Aug 15, 2013 in: Sub Sub Tasks
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Aug 15, 2013
On that note, I have two suggestions for Toodledo to implement immediately:

1. Find a way to integrate these forums into the Toodledo apps or into some other mobile devices (iPhone, Android, etc.) apps. For instance, get it added to the TapATalk network. This would make it easier to communicate on the forums.

2. Add a "Use Cases" forum to the list of forums here. In this forum, users could detail the particular Use Cases they are looking to solve, Toodledo admins could break down the Use Case into manageable pieces, and finally the thread for each Use Case could be marked with a status (solved, considering, in-progress, rejected, etc.). Users could also add their support to particular Use Case needs this way.

In the long run, this would go a long way to making Toodledo seem responsive to customer needs as well as provide more direct documentation on how to use Toodledo for customer-specific issues.
DSM_2

Score: 1
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Aug 15, 2013
  • Score: 1
Hmmm. It really sounds like Toodledo hasn't worked out the Use Cases for the features they have -- in this case, how things like completing a task should work together with the Status field.
DSM_2

Posted Aug 02, 2013 in: Feature Request: Parent Task Column
Score: 1
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Aug 02, 2013
  • Score: 1
They really need a "dependent task" list -- that is, a list of tasks that the current task depends on. This would enable a more project planning style in task management. Of course, with this, it would be really good if you could say, once all dependent tasks for this task are done, automatically move the status of this task from (say) "Active" to "Next Action".
DSM_2

Posted Jul 28, 2013 in: Toodledo & iCal -- anyone using it?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2013
I'm just basically looking for a nice calendar view of my events - something that I could easily show to my (non-tech) wife and daughter. I'm using (or trying to use) Toodledo as my hub as I can access it from anywhere via the web to add my tasks/events. I'm also trying to use iCal export to Google Calendar. The problem is two-fold:

1. Toodledo does not really support events -- you can try to fake it with the DueOn modifier, but all tasks/events will be exported to the calendar if they have a Start/Due (or Length/Due) which can make for a messy calendar if you're only interested in a calendar with true events. Some tasks have a Start when you begin working on it (like working on the pool beginning in June), but these tasks are not something you want to show up on the calendare as an event.

2. Using DueOn, the typical use-case would be to mark (say) the start of a meeting as DueOn a particular date and add the Length of the meeting so you'll know how long you'll be busy. Unfortunately, Toodledo computes Start for the iCal export as DueOn-Length and, so, the calendar is not right (your 1hr meeting shows as starting 1hr early). You can shift to setting the proper meeting Start and Due times in Toodledo (more work), but then Alarm becomes more problematic (you're 1hr meeting reports as being in 3hrs instead of 2).

Looks like I'll have to shift to something else for calendars... :-(
DSM_2

Posted Jul 18, 2013 in: Toodledo & iCal -- anyone using it?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jul 18, 2013
I've posted on this before, so I won't ask why doesn't this work. I know that tasks and events are not the same thing and Toodledo only really handles tasks. Because of this, tasks in Toodledo that are being used as an event (the DueOn modifier) probably will not show up right in a calendar when exported via iCal (Start/End may be wrong). Tasks, in general, don't make sense on a calendar. Toodledo has said that they will look at this, but they haven't done anything yet (after 1.5 years).

My question is -- has nobody else noticed this? Using Toodledo as a hub for both tasks and events would be quite valuable, but this kind of makes the iCal export useless...
DSM_2

Posted Jul 07, 2013 in: Integrate forums with iPhone
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jul 07, 2013
When will forums be integrated with the iPhone app? Even just a button to bring up Safari in the forums area would work.
DSM_2

Posted Feb 23, 2013 in: Appintments don't work right...
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Feb 23, 2013
I'm surprised others haven't chimed in.

The alarm relative to start would do the trick, but you'll also have to think about the modifiers. You're close to having both task and calendar mgmt.
DSM_2

Posted Feb 18, 2013 in: Appintments don't work right...
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Feb 18, 2013
I've posted about this before, but let me try again. I cannot figure out the proper use-case for appointmentsa in Toodledo. Basically, as I understand it, an appointment is an event with a start and end time (and, by implication, a length). The question is how to represent it in Toodledo.

1. If you represent it with a due date and length (to me, the natural way), the appt will show up on your iCal calendar as starting at due-length. If this acceptable, then, if the length is strange, Toodledo does not give you a natural alarm for the appt (you have to add length to the alarm time you want). If this is not acceptable (you assume the meeting runs from due to due+length), then you iCal calendar has the wrong time for the start of the appt.

2. If you represent it with a start and due, the iCal calendar will look correct, but again there will be no natural alarm for the appt.

3. If you represent it with start, due, and length, then what does it mean if your length is not equal to due-start?

4. If you represent it as start=due, then your alarm will be natural and the iCAL calendar will look right for start times, but not end times. Also, the length will not make sense.

Okay, Toodledo, what're we to do?
DSM_2

Posted Jan 04, 2013 in: Possible improvements and new features
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2013
Posted by Purveyor:
What else?

Better integration with Siri? You can already set things up with Siri such that you can ask Siri to add a reminder to your Toodledo list. Now you need to have:

* No duplication without sync.
* Be able to ask Siri "What reminders do I have for tomorrow?"
* Be able to tell Siri "Cancel that reminder"
DSM_2

Posted Dec 20, 2012 in: iCal Start time is Due - Length -- Huh?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Dec 20, 2012
Whoops -- I said that backwards...

All right, let's drop the modifiers. What I'm getting at is that the typical UseCase will be that Start=Due unless Start is provided -- do not use Length in the iCal computation. Re-adding in the modifiers, the modifier meanings (as discussed in your 1st reference) really show that the current computation for iCal doesn't make sense. Taken this way (Start=Due unless Start), then your two references are more harmonious.

And alarm time is always Due-Alarm (until start times have an alarm).
DSM_2

• DSM_2
All right, let's drop the modifiers. What I'm getting at is that the typical UseCase will be that Due=Start unless Start is provided -- do not use Length in the iCal computation. Re-adding in the modifiers, the modifier meanings (as discussed in your 1st reference) really show that the current computation for iCal doesn't make sense. Taken this way (Due=Start unless Start), then your two references are more harmonious.
DSM_2

• DSM_2
Hmmm. Then, with respect to iCal sync, I can't imagine a true UseCase where Start=Due-Length that would be right. In fact, I think, if Start is not provided, then:

1. Start=End=DueBy
2. Start=DueOn & End=DueOn+Length
3. Start=End=DueAfter

If Start is provided, then:

1. Start & End=DueBy
2. Start & End=DueOn (maybe DueOn+Length would also work)
3. Start & End=DueAfter

And, in all cases, the alarm time would be computed as Due-Alarm (at least until you add alarms to Start).

Can you think of a counter UseCase?
DSM_2

• DSM_2
Can you elaborate on "Due On" as well? My assumption had been that:

* Due By : task can be done at anytime up to the due date.
* Due On : task should be done at the due date (ie. appt).
* Due After : task can't be done until sometime after due.

Given that, I would expect that to control how to handle Length and Alarms within Toodledo. That is, for all three, the alarm time is computed as Due-Alarm, Length is merely a reference to how long it might take to work on the task (which may or may not cover Start to Due period), and Start would be when you start paying attention to the task (and probably doesn't mean much for a DueOn appt.).
DSM_2

Posted Dec 20, 2012 in: Connection to forum in iPhone App
  • DSM_2
It would be nice if the iPhone Toodledo App had a connection to the Toodledo Forums. Would it be possible to hook the forum into the TapATalk network?
DSM_2

• DSM_2
Then what is the meaning of Alarm? What you suggest is that, for appointments (that might go on a calendar), I should enter Start/Due or Start/Length to have it show up correctly on the calendar. However, Alarm is attached to Due and not Start which is not what you want for an appointment (you want to be warned before it starts and not when nearly done). Can you explain more?
DSM_2

Posted Dec 19, 2012 in: iCal Start time is Due - Length -- Huh?
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Dec 19, 2012
There is definitely some confusion here about the use of Due On vs. Start Date. Why would you set a Start Date for a Task that is Due On a particular date/time? I guess the other confusion is the proper way of representing an Appointment (as opposed to a Task) in Toodledo. I had been representing them as a Task that was Due On a date/time that had a length of some time. My assumption was that Due On would be when the appointment began and Length would be how long the appointment would last. If I must use Start/End Date to represent the length of time for the appointment, then what's the use of Length?
DSM_2

Posted Dec 15, 2012 in: Task Chains
  • DSM_2
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2012
Has any consideration been given to "task chains"?? That is the ability to designate a task as following another task.
DSM_2

Posted Dec 15, 2012 in: TapATalk
  • DSM_2
Has Toodledo considered making this forum available on the TapATalk network so that we can respond to it from my iPhone?
DSM_2

Posted Dec 15, 2012 in: Siri & Reminders
  • DSM_2
One other ability I have not seen requested is that you can ask Siri to tell you your reminders for a particular date. If you sync reminders into Toodledo and then have the reminders removed (to prevent duplicates), then the Siri feature will not be very useful (because the Reminders list will be empty). Definitely something to work on with Apple.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next