ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by piyush_soni"
piyush_soni

Posted Apr 08, 2011 in: Mass deleting tasks
Score: 0
Or you can install the ToodleDo multi Edit GreaseMonkey script (FF only), which can easily do this and a lot more. Gives the facility of multi-selecting tasks then and there and doing all sorts of standard operations on them.

See this thread: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/7525/0/greasemonkey-script-to-edit-multiple-tasks.html

This is something which should have been an inbuilt toodledo feature. The work flow of deleting multiple tasks is absolutely weird right now. I cannot delete those 10 tasks in front of me at once and have to add artificial common attributes, remove those attributes from important ones, and then do a search based on that attribute, then delete them.

This message was edited Apr 08, 2011.
piyush_soni

Posted Apr 06, 2011 in: Firefox plugin
Shows up for me. I have the latest version.
piyush_soni

Posted Mar 30, 2011 in: Sync with Google Tasks
1). ToodleDo is right, Google currently doesn't have an API to sync with their tasks, but they have a plan for it now. It is one of Google's top priorities for tasks, but I guess they can't comment on a timeframe ;) (Sorry, was tempted to write this :))
See:
http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/top-tasks-for-google-tasks.html

There are other services as well which 'kind of' sync with Google Tasks, but it is through their Calendar API, and is done in an 'unspecified' way - so it is 'possible' but fragile as of today.

2). I'm afraid that with the tasks plans Google has, it won't be 'simple' anymore which is probably what you want. So ToodleDo slim or 'gadgets' would probably be a better way to go. I use them along with the ToodleDo<->Google 'iCal syncing' which helps me see my ToodleDo tasks in Google Calendar as they were events as well.

This message was edited Mar 30, 2011.
piyush_soni

Posted Mar 29, 2011 in: Search for tasks completed today
Check your filters.
piyush_soni

Posted Mar 29, 2011 in: Search for tasks completed today
It works correctly for me. If you have a search which finds

1). 'Checked Off' as 'yes',
AND
2). 'Date Completed' as 'today'

it shows me all the tasks I completed today, whatever due date it had, if any.

Just make sure to actually write "today" (without quotes) there instead of selecting 'Today' from the Quick Dates of the calendar that pops up - this is important.
piyush_soni

Hi,
I was thinking of a browser extension which doesn't involve asking users their unique id(for security purposes), and uses the browser's session authentication instead when they are logged on.

So when the user is signed on in the browser, if I go to http://www.toodledo.com/views/folder.php it will anyway give me the list of folders, but a lot more HTML junk I don't want eating up network and your servers' bandwidth as well.

Is there a way I can get only the JSON object of the list of folders/or the xml without sending the key (as we do it through your API) just like the above folders page using browser's session?

I hope I was clear.

Thanks

This message was edited Mar 29, 2011.
piyush_soni

Yes, for every new post I have to check that just to see if there's something important in the thread, but there isn't.

ToodleDo,
Pleeaaassee ! Please lock the thread. We know the unanimous decision that it is important for everyone, including myself. And we now know MULTIPLE times the same reasons of why the Pro version is useful, and we don't want to listen the same thing 1000 more times :(
piyush_soni

Posted Mar 28, 2011 in: iPhone app auto synchronization?
Humm ... agreed.
piyush_soni

Posted Mar 28, 2011 in: Google Calendar Gadget Scrollbar
Until the problem is fixed, I just have a quicker(but manual) way of doing it in which you don't have to install anything.

You can either make a bookmark button with this single line of text in your browsers, or keep this somewhere in your task notes so that you can quickly copy paste.

javascript:frames=document.getElementsByTagName('iframe');for(i=0;i<frames.length;++i){source=fra mes[i].src;if(source.toLowerCase().indexOf('toodledo')>=0){frames[i].setAttribute('scrolling','yes') ;break;}}void(0);

Now whenever you open your Google Calendar and see no scrollbar there, just paste this line in the address bar and press enter (or just press the bookmark button if you did create that). It will instantly bring scrollbar there.

Of course, still doesn't eliminate the requirement of fixing it by ToodleDo itself, though I don't know if they can fix it without involving Google.
piyush_soni

Posted Mar 28, 2011 in: iPhone app auto synchronization?
Oh. Ok.. Thanks. I remember seeing that setting but left it to 'from the device' as the other one needed network and mine is an iPod Touch.

I'd like 'Alarms come from website, but only for non-synced tasks.' :) - so once a task is synced, you let the device handle its reminders. And before sending the reminders from the website you just check if this task has been synced to the iPhone/iPod app. Is it possible?
piyush_soni

Posted Mar 27, 2011 in: iPhone app auto synchronization?
Humm ... Could anything be done by using 'Push Notifications'? (I don't know much about app development for Apple).

Often I create task just so that it reminds me two hours later to do something. The 'Reminder email' sometimes just doesn't come in time.
piyush_soni

Posted Mar 25, 2011 in: iPhone app auto synchronization?
Apologies if I am wrong, but is it the case that I cannot set up a time interval for auto synchronization on the iPhone app so that I don't have to 'remember' to open the app itself to remind me about a task I created through the website.

In Synchronization options I only see two options about it : Sync on Startup and Sync on Edit. Not 'Sync every half an hour' which I need.

Thanks,
Piyush
piyush_soni

I was looking for exactly this and couldn't find.
piyush_soni

Posted Mar 16, 2011 in: SNOOZING
I sometimes wonder when almost every suggestion gets a 'Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe but it's on our to do list', what does just 'Thanks for the suggestion' mean. :)
piyush_soni

Posted Mar 11, 2011 in: Completed tasks report?
Even though SnagIt is the most wonderful screen capturing tool I have seen till now, it's not free :(

If you only want to capture browser area, Pixlr Grabber is a really nice Free add-on for Firefox which allows you to quickly capture the entire webpage or any defined area of that and quickly edit/upload in the same way SnagIt does. You can then just send the link to the uploaded file.
piyush_soni

I don't think so. You can use Tags to do something like that.
piyush_soni

Posted Mar 11, 2011 in: Firefox Addon Updates
Great! Many Thanks!

At your leisure, you can change the text on the webpage too (which says (For Firefox 3.0-3.6) )
piyush_soni

Posted Mar 11, 2011 in: Firefox Addon Updates
They shipped the 'Firefox 4.0 Release Candidate 1' yesterday. I don't know what would be the date of the final Official release, but I guess it's close enough and you can at least 'prepare' to make it compatible. And of course, when it involves changing just a few letters in the install version line it'd be really easy.

Unzipping, changing it manually, zipping it back, renaming and installing is no fun, believe me. And of course, you know that many of your users would not be technical enough to do that.

Thanks.
piyush_soni

Posted Mar 10, 2011 in: Random, Repeated Requests to Log In
Can we increase the 2 weeks time? Something like 3 months? :) It really does ask for login too many times these days. May be on every browser restart?(I don't clear my cache/cookies on every browser restart)
piyush_soni

Score: 1
Regarding the scrollbar, this has been discussed before.

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/4959/-26435/cannot-see-all-tasks-in-google-calendar-sidebar-gadget.html

This message was edited Mar 04, 2011.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13      Next