ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by piyush_soni"
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 15, 2011 in: Has subtasks stopped working?
Score: 0
I seem to be able to add them.
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 15, 2011 in: Read about our latest batch of updates
Thanks! I got my F5 key back :)
piyush_soni

So you don't see an 'add' button there which you can press using your mouse? (You can also press the enter key to actually 'add' it)
piyush_soni

I actually miss this feature a lot too.
piyush_soni

In Firefox :
Tools->GreaseMonkey->Manage User Scripts, click the script you installed, click 'Uninstall'.

In Chrome : Tools->Extensions -> Uninstall the script you don't like.

I think they are both pretty straight forward.
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 12, 2011 in: Weird number appearing in TD
Me too. As Peter pointed out, only for tasks which have sub tasks.
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 12, 2011 in: Firefox Add on changes PM to AM
So I go to the FF Add-on to add a new Task, enter title, quickly select the due date radio button, all fine. Then I select the due time radio button. It shows the current system time, if I click OK to add this, everything's fine again.

But quite naturally, my new task is not due at the same time I'm creating it. It's showing 6:30 PM - so I go to add 2 hours to it - change 6 to 8, press Enter. Now when I go to the web interface, I see that it is having a due time of 8:30 AM on the same date. For all this time I had been thinking it's my Outlook sync tool which is causing reminders at wrong times.

If you click anywhere else on the Add Task Dialog after changing 6 to 8, you'd see it silently changed that PM to AM. (Doesn't do that for AM though. )
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 10, 2011 in: How do I create this search?
It is both tiring for the user to write them thrice, and more work for your servers to test the same conditions three times(worst possible case). We could have an 'Advanced Search' link which could allow users to create complex searches.

By the way, this search becomes complex because existing filters don't work in searches, and we have to include those contexts in the search to hide.

This message was edited Jan 10, 2011.
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 10, 2011 in: Save combination of Search and Sort
+1, if voting works.
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 09, 2011 in: How do I create this search?
I happen to need to create this search in ToodleDo, but can't find a simple way to do it. The conditions are something like:

A & B C & [D or E or (F & G)]

But the way your condition 'splitting' works by default : "ORs" when 'Match all' is selected, and "ANDs" when 'Match any' is selected, I find it impossible to create it this way. One solution I can think of is to select 'Match any' (when that's really not what I want) and redundantly write my conditions again and again like this:

(A & B & C & D) or (A & B & C & E) or (A & B & C & F & G)

I think this is an ugly way of doing what I want. Can every condition just not be split into any of 'OR' and 'AND' depending on what I want?

Can we get it implemented the correct way?

Thanks,
Piyush
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 08, 2011 in: Lists without Check Boxes
Have you tried using the 'Notebook' section for storing such items?

P.S. : ToodleDo is a 'To-do' list management system.
piyush_soni

Is your folder 'private'?

There indeed have been some changes regarding this according to ToodleDo. See the News section of the forum.
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 07, 2011 in: A 'Recent Posts' page in Forums
It would be great to have a 'recept posts' page in the forums, which shows posts from the newest to oldest order irrespective of the sub-forum ('News'/'Questions' etc.) they belong to. It will allow regular visitors to quickly read the unread and/or new posts. Many other forums (e.g. userscripts.org) have that kind of a page. I am sure if you sit for an hour you can create it.

This message was edited Jan 07, 2011.
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 07, 2011 in: Grid view problem... computer locks up
Before doing that, try increasing the script timeout time for Firefox. Sometimes it might take more than the default value.

Type about:config in address bar, press enter and type to search for dom.max_script_run_time. If it is something low like 5 seconds, change it to a bigger value like 10, 15, 20 etc. or more if you like. Since you are eventually able to get to the grid view, I think increasing it to 15 would be ok. This is the number of seconds before it will show you this not responding message.
piyush_soni

@ToodleDo,
How about using "escape sequences" like \- when we actually want the '-' character to be in the text instead of adding other task data. I think that'll be easy to implement.
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 07, 2011 in: Writing app for Symbian and Maemo
I guess if you are developing it for java mobile environment, other phones would be able to use it too ... Like my LG Vu ...
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 07, 2011 in: The Peter Question: Folders vs Status
Score: -1
Thanks Peter. Yes, seeing so many people using it effectively it will be in my best interests to read the GTD book.
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 07, 2011 in: Toodledo This! Bookmarklets?
Well, don't worry, you're not alone in your pursuit of ultimate internet convenience :).

Anyway, the Firefox add-on is indeed different than Chrome. One, it is an official ToodleDo add-on unlike the Chrome one, and second - even though that is not an 'absolute one click' solution for your need, it's close. FF add-on adds a right click context menu option called 'ToodleDo this page'. So you can simply click that option and press enter - which will automatically create a task with the page link in the notes section. Of course, it will not add any other information there and the task title will be 'New Task added without a title'.
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 06, 2011 in: Numer #1 showing on left menu
And it is on your 'To-do list' to remove these debugging leftovers from the 'production ' website, but you can't commit on a timeframe. Isn't it? :)
piyush_soni

I don't know if you can actually write "<today" there, but in the search you can always select 'Due Date' field, 'is before' (from the next dropdown list) and write 'today' in the date field.
There are several other comparison methods for due dates you can use, e.g. I also have a saved search called 'Approaching' which tests for Due Date in the next 5 days, not today, and priority is not negative.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13      Next