ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by piyush_soni"
piyush_soni

Posted Mar 14, 2013 in: We want an official Android app !!!
Score: -1
I stopped using Toodledo because of absence of an official Android app (Was a pro customer, didn't renew). Now every few months I come here just to check this topic (though my hopes are fading away now). When it is made, will join back and renew my pro subscription. Of course, unless someone better comes into the market before that. 'Astrid' has started becoming quite good with a nice Android app - though it's not a full fledged GTD app yet.
piyush_soni

Score: 0
It must end in one of the image formats : jpg, png, gif, bmp etc. If it's ending in something else (like .html), you're doing something wrong. Many times you see a photo on the screen, but it's actually a hyperlink rather than a direct image. Mostly, if you are using Firefox - you can right click that and click 'View Image' (which will directly take you to the image). If you are using a non-browser called Internet Explorer, you can just try clicking that image until it shows a jpg/png/gif in the top address bar. Then copy that link here as shown. :)
HTH.
piyush_soni

Score: 1
The internal < > I used were only as a placeholder - don't use them, just give the url there. Sorry, in programmers' world that's a common way of saying 'replace with the appropriate value rather than literally writing "web url of your image"'.

JPR has already explained the rest.

For example, to post the toodledo image here like this:

I'd write a simple line like this :
< img src="http://static.toodledo.com/images/logo150.png"/ >

(again remove first and last space)

Sorry ToodleDo, I have no intention of doing any copyright violation. Only using your image on your own site as an example.

This message was edited Jun 05, 2012.
piyush_soni

Just remove spaces from the tags (I put them to escape the forum's html processor)
piyush_soni

Just upload the image somewhere (e.g. imageshack.us), get the link of the image. Then in your post, write this in between your text:

< img src="<web url of your image>"/ >

This message was edited Jun 04, 2012.
piyush_soni

@MikZ,
I just tested and 'ToodleDo Multi-Edit Tasks' script still works for the most part.
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/85745

You can try if that suits your purpose.
piyush_soni

Posted Jun 01, 2012 in: We want an official Android app !!!
I did try Ultimate To-do list but Firstly, it was ugly, and second, there are high chances that this was the offending app that made me lose my tasks. So I'm not going back to it again. I've already started using a temporary Android app as a totally different task management system : "Any.do" which is simple, quick, tasks are kept only on mobile (no sync etc.) and have reduced coming on Toodledo a lot. Also did not renew my pro membership for the same reason.

Will be fully back to it when an official Android app is released.
piyush_soni

Posted May 30, 2012 in: We want an official Android app !!!
Score: 2
I used one of these 3rd party directory and one (or more) of my important tasks were lost. I can't depend on third party apps anymore.

How's the app development going on for Android? This is not something that you should put on a back burner I'd say. :(

Android more than 50% of the world's smart phones! I don't agree to it that if iOS app development took 1 year this should take 1 year too. A lot of code would be reused and you wouldn't have those first timer problems anymore. Since last December, it should have already been released ...
piyush_soni

Posted Feb 29, 2012 in: Sync with Google Tasks
@Salgud and others who are not seeing the scrollbar in the Toodledo Gadget for Google Calendar, it is Google's problem. They probably assume the gadget won't need a scrollbar -
so probably the solution for ToodleDo gadget is to have its own(Something like a frame inside a frame).

Anyway, until that is done, if you are using Firefox you can install this script I had made long back for fixing this problem (and some other):

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/88019

If you are using Google Chrome, I think they already have their custom built scrollbar there (Google is Evil!)
piyush_soni

Posted Feb 12, 2012 in: Adding app in the 3rd party tools list?
Hi Jake,
Could you add the new android app I've written (a wrapper app for Toodledo Slim) in the 3rd party apps list when you find it appropriate (if at all :P)

Here's the link :
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.wPiToodle

Of course, it's always going to be free since most of the work in this has been done by you.
piyush_soni

Along with all these features, a very important thing I'd want from such an app is - it being Free free free!!!

This message was edited Feb 12, 2012.
piyush_soni

Posted Feb 12, 2012 in: Firefox 10
You mean Mozilla doesn't allow you to upload an add-on multiple versions ahead, or "Firefox" doesn't just allow you to create an add-on like that (and just upload on your own website?) I just tried changing the maxversion to 15.* in your add-on, and installed in my latest Firefox. Working perfectly. (You already had it set to 11.*)

So if Mozilla hosted add-ons won't have this problem of add-on compatibility anyway, and you can always upload your own xpi having upto 15.*, the problem will be gone for a long time.
piyush_soni

@martingchapman,
Opening the Gmail thread, right clicking, "Toodledo this page" doesn't work for you? (You need Toodledo Firefox Add on for this)
piyush_soni

Posted Feb 08, 2012 in: Firefox 10
With this new system of frequent updates, we should also realize that they don't change anything radical in each subsequent version that break your add-on. The add-on is pretty basic in terms of use of browser features. So as I suggested a few months back, it won't harm at all if you update it next time to Firefox 14 for example. It will be better than breaking the add-on anyway for a week every time they update the version number.

Even Mozilla is changing its strategy to be the same : assuming add-ons are compatible by default when the version changes, and not the other way round. (Read here: http://hothardware.com/News/Raging-Over-Firefoxs-Rapid-Release-Schedule-Mozilla-Hears-You/). According to this page, the addons installed from Mozilla's official website might not suffer from this problem. I suggest having just one source for installing Toodledo add-on (Mozilla), as you do for the iPhone app which also needs approval.
piyush_soni

I just implemented a light weight wrapper app around Toodledo Slim for those who want to avoid going to a browser and view/add/edit/delete tasks quickly. It is built on the official Toodledo so there's minimal risk of data getting lost. :)

Try it here:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.wPiToodle
piyush_soni

Webpage might be modified by add-ons like Adblocker (harmless), dictionary lookup on text-select addons, highlighting all the occurrences of the word, language translation add-ons and many many more, which don't do anything bad to the webpage, but still have to modify it. If you want, you can check only critical portions of the webpage, because just changing the webpage might be done by 50% of the extension hosted on mozilla.

[Important]: Moreover, when I have stylish running and it is modifying the page CSS in a bad manner - your check doesn't say anything to me. It is only when I KNOW that it is stylish, I go on to disable it - and everything becomes ok - is when the page suddenly detects that an add-on is running now. So the whole point of having this check is lost.
piyush_soni

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 2
The browser plugin detection is a very good idea, but I don't think it's working perfectly. For example, I had one of the Stylish styles installed in my Firefox. It messes up the format, but Toodledo doesn't recognize that. It gives me this plugin warning only when I disable Stylish instead, when this warning is not needed at all ...
piyush_soni

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Posted by Valdi:
OUT OF THE BLUE this change which is incompatible with Stylish comes

Add-ons and personal customizations have to make themselves compatible with a standard system(like a website), and not the other way round.
piyush_soni

Ok. Thanks Chris!
piyush_soni

Would I need to pay again for the ToodleDo iPhone application? I had to restore the phone to factory settings.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13      Next