ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by coolexplorer"
coolexplorer

Score: 0
Mike, Just drag or move your Toodledo reminder email from the Updates tab/section of Gmail to the Primary Inbox. Gmail learns that it has mis-categorised your email and will not do so in future.
Hope it works for you. :)
coolexplorer

Many Toodledo users use the powerful 'Search Custom Views' most of the time instead of the inbuilt 'Hotlist'. It is impossible to quickly find a task we are looking for without completely exiting the Search View mode, which defeats the purpose of quickly searching. Since the underlying data is unchanged, could really do with a 'Quick Search' facility in Custom Views. :)

Update : Just found I can use the Chrome shortcut Ctrl+F to open up a small search box in Chrome to do the above mentioned job. I am happy. :)))

This message was edited May 21, 2014.
coolexplorer

Posted May 19, 2014 in: Toodledo 2013 - The Year in Review
Score: 2
I Second the observation : "Hoping in the very near future you reskin the design so it doesn't look like a product from 1994. Love the functionality, but the design should look more polished."
It will enhance the 'pleasure' of using Toodledo on a daily basis. Toodledo Android is more aesthetic to use (with less functionality).
coolexplorer

Posted Apr 06, 2014 in: Toodledo Android App
SES21, Your remarks indicate you have invested emotions in MyToodle App. It was a fine suggestion and we all would like the native app to work perfectly with the Toodledo web application. However, without Saved Searches (a basic feature for a lot of users) it is practically useless to some people.
Hope to see Saved Searches added soon so that we can give it a real test drive. :)
coolexplorer

Posted Mar 25, 2014 in: Gmail Chrome Plugin for Creating Tasks
Everyone uses a calendar to schedule events/tasks and quickly view them for month/week/day. Having a grid calendar that showed tasks titles within day boxes would be much more natural and intuitive than seeing dots or only agenda list style.

There would not be too much clutter as only tasks with due-dates would show, or only starred tasks with due dates.

This option would appeal to those who look for a more visual way of managing their tasks, and could bring in some fence-sitters and productivity gypsies.
coolexplorer

Posted Mar 17, 2014 in: Best Project Management Tool
Score: 6
Toodledo has rich features, infinite customizability and great syncing but loses out in 'modern/professional/halo' looks. Despite the improvements you have made under the hood, people still consider it old and not updated.
A person with a programming background may underestimate the importance of looks but for lay users initial perception is everything, and for frequent users a fresh look adds joy to everyday life.

Looks include:
1.Modern Fonttype.
2.Colors in prioritization, status, tags, symbols, etc.
3.Visual Calendar displaying Tasks like a diary/Google.

Just freshen up the look and get on top of the pack of competitors.
A lot of resources is being spread thin on Notes, List, Outlines, etc. Kindly accept that you will never be able to compete with Evernote, OneNote or Springpad but can be the best ToDo utility. Brand focus pays in the long-run.
coolexplorer

Jay. Glad I could help. Reg. Calendar Integration :
'Toodledo website' offers an iCal link for task events that can be subscribed into Google Calendar. This updates only once a day, sometimes longer.
'Ultimate To Do List' allows direct entry of task events into Google Calendar via its custom API design. After clicking/ticking the little box in the event details, it immediately enters it into the Google calendar (with specific reminder if required - this feature doesn't integrate with Toodledo but is useful for important tasks/events). One can even go into Google calendar and shift the task event and the changes will be reflected in Ultimate (but sadly not in Toodledo yet).
Hope Toodledo develops such a system for it web and android app soon.
coolexplorer

'Ultimate To Do List' an Android App for Toodledo has just announced introduction of sharing and collaboration, but I have not tested it yet.

This message was edited Feb 14, 2014.
coolexplorer

Posted Feb 12, 2014 in: Toodledo Android App
Ultimate To-Do Android App is great :
1. Syncs beautifully
2. Has all Toodledo Task features/fields and more (Start date/time)
3. Has Customizable Views - a killer feature
4. Tasks/Events immediately appear in Google calendar - great
5. Has persistent Reminders
6. Shows Notes too
UI is good but could be improved to look elegant.

This message was edited Feb 12, 2014.
coolexplorer

Posted Feb 06, 2014 in: Showing Tasks in Google Calendar
I use Google Calendar as my primary reference for important events/tasks of the Day. How is it that Tasks entered in "Ultimate ToDo List" App(using separate calendar)show immediately in Google Calendar whereas it takes an entire day for dated Tasks entered in Toodledo to register in Google Calendar? This is retarding my workflow.
coolexplorer

Posted Feb 04, 2014 in: Toodledo Android App
Score: 1
Jake, Great start and integration of Tasks & Notes in one App. Feature Request in Android App in order of priority :
1. View by "Start date"
2. Hard input of task into Google Calendar (see Ultimate Todo)
3. Customizable Views (see Ultimate To-Do)
4. The current "Organize" function does nothing (sort or move)
coolexplorer

Posted Jan 28, 2014 in: Toodledo Android App
Great Initiative! Looking forward to the addition of "Customizable Views" as in your web site and in "Ultimate Task List" Android App.
coolexplorer

Posted Jan 27, 2014 in: Only 1 ticket per day - seriously???
Quote: "Many of us would like to see more Depth added to the Task Management part of TD".

I use Toodledo primarily for Task Management. If this does not get priority in feature development I tend to be attracted to other Task Mgmt systems. Trying to be everything to everyone "Jack of all and Master of none" makes one loose one's precious brand essence and competitive advantage.

This message was edited Jan 27, 2014.
coolexplorer

Posted Jan 23, 2014 in: Only 1 ticket per day - seriously???
Posted by Jake:
...put as many request or questions as you want in the same ticket.The 1 ticket per day limit is there to control spam coming in through our ticketing system and also to discourage people from making 10 similar tickets for the same thing and swamping our ticketing system (yes this did happen quite frequently)....

Makes perfect sense! Thanks for the transparent and comprehensive explanation, and for prompt replies to customer queries.
coolexplorer

Posted Jan 20, 2014 in: Task view with timeline would be great
Yes Week or Month at a glance calendar showing the text of tasks to be done on different days in calendar/diary format (boxes for days) will be more like how humans usually work. I know you can get an 'Agenda listing via Due dates search', but this would be better visually and could show as per "Start dates" too.
coolexplorer

Posted Oct 24, 2013 in: Enhanced Alarms
Checked out the new Chrome Alarm update. It works and is useful. Will be enhanced by a snooze function & if it can work on Start Date/Time too.
coolexplorer

Posted Oct 13, 2013 in: Toodledo Toosdays: Locations
I don't need to use 'Locations' with the map, so I have not activated its GPS and use this field as work Contexts (Work, Home, Anywhere, etc.). This frees up the Contexts field for other use (delegation to people, marking frog tasks, etc.).
Hope Toodledo continues to offer this feature (manual overide) rather than forcing automatic usage.
Anyone else use it like this?
Thanks
coolexplorer

Posted Aug 28, 2013 in: My Toodledo Quick Start Guide
R.Welsh, A big Thank You for sharing your system with others. I started using Toodledo from August 2013. Some of your tips were very insightful (from a GTD perspective) and helped me tune up my system. "Steal Shamelessly and Share Generously!" I did the first and you the second. Thanks.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15