ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Ummagumma"
Ummagumma

Score: 1
One of the PIMs I used in the past had this feature. It was extremely useful.

Basically, instead of having a 2-state checkbox (empty or checked), you get a 3-state checkbox - empty, with a thick dot in the middle, and checked.
Ummagumma

Score: 0
Get a third party software that supports Toodledo sync. E.g. Pocket Infomant. I am pretty sure it lets you add more than one TD account.
Ummagumma

Posted by pawelkaleta:
I can't see any issue with recognizing which line is a task and which is a subtasks - yes, the color is different which is not enough but also the checkbox is moved to different position for subtasks, also the task title is indented.

Yes, the checkbox is in a different location. I got so used to looking at the handle, I didn't even pay attention to the checkbox position.

Thank you for pointing it out.
Ummagumma

Posted by Jake:
Its still indented, its just that we switched the order of the columns so that they maintain vertical alignment.

So how is it indented, then ? The whole idea of "indented" means that it's displayed to the right of whatever it's indented against. They can't be both "indented" and "aligned" at the same time.

Maintaining vertical alignment means they are not indented.

If you look at the fist screenshot (current layout) the handle of a subtask is 1 icon size to the right of the handle of the parent task, while the handle of a regular (non-child) task is aligned with parent tasks. This way it's very easy to see which tasks are sub-tasks of a parent, and which ones are standalone.

http://imgur.com/a/eTwkE

If you look at the screenshot of "new" layout, all task handles are in the same vertical column, there's no way to tell which are sub-tasks and which are standalone tasks, other than the slight difference in background color.

http://imgur.com/a/AA9lr

This message was edited Dec 13, 2016.
Ummagumma

For some reason, it doesn't work for me.

Are you using the new Beta with old layout (the Parent icon looks like a tree) or the new layout (a dotted arrow) ?

The old layout, new Beta = indented

http://imgur.com/a/GMalg

The new layout, new Beta = not indented.

http://imgur.com/a/XMf8Q

This message was edited Dec 13, 2016.
Ummagumma

I am using the Star field to indicate tasks that I will work on today. AFAIK many people use it for this.

Status does not = "In process", IMHO. Things like "Next Action", "Active", "Planned" etc. to me specify the order in which these tasks need to be executed, so a task can be both "Next Action" or "Active" and "Not started".

And tags can be used for this, but they take time to apply, change or remove, especially on mobile devices. A checkbox style can be accessed with a single tap.
Ummagumma

I'd like to ask you to add a 3rd Checkbox type

[ ] = not started (current)

[•] = in process (new)

[x] = completed (current)
Ummagumma

Not in the new layout.

If I am in the Beta using old layout, they are indented.

If I switch to the new layout, they are inline.
Ummagumma

The current display has child items' handle indented to the right of parent items, which is perfect.

The beta new display has them shown in single row, making it very hard to distinguish between the last subtask and a regular task below it. Basically the only difference between the two is light grey background which is hard to notice on some displays.

Please revert back to the indented display. Or come up with a different handle icon for sub-tasks.

This message was edited Dec 12, 2016.
Ummagumma

Thanks, the permanent link worked.
Ummagumma

Posted Dec 10, 2016 in: Branding a Task List
If you have your company logo as your avatar, it will print right next to the "Toodledo". Assuming you're using Toodledo print command (top right dropdown chevron)

This message was edited Dec 10, 2016.
Ummagumma

Perhaps I am missing something, but how do I change the properties of master task & it's children without going one by one ? The "batch edit this list" works on all tasks in a view.
Ummagumma

Same here. Picking a date, I either have to click on another task to close the dialog, or wait for several seconds. .
Ummagumma

Posted Dec 07, 2016 in: New Section: Lists
Score: 2
Not to be harsh - I absolutely love Toodledo as a task manager - but the inability of having even simple formulas, and total disconnect from the task module, make me really question why the list module was even created in first place.

I can start a simple yet full featured spreadsheet in seconds using one of the many Office compatible applications, and it will be just as disconnected from my tasks as the Lists module is, but far more featured and easier to use on mobile devices.

Everyone's needs vary of course, but to me, to make Lists actually useful, I'd need to have the ability to enter simple formulas using at least the four basic mathematical functions, the ability to link list to a task - and better else, create tasks from list items and have them linked back, and the ability to actually see and use all that functionality on mobile devices.
Ummagumma

Posted Dec 05, 2016 in: Suggestion for Tasks Module
The right way to do it is to specify that in task setting. Not global setting.

A very good option would be to create a "hidden" child task that only gets triggered when the master task is completed. This way it stays out of the lists and search results until it's generated.

An example would be a "1 call in prescription refill" - "2 pick up prescription" pair, recurring monthly. I don't want to see #2 unless I am done with #2.
Ummagumma

Posted Nov 30, 2016 in: How to order my tasks
This is why you have stars and actions and tags and priorities and saved searches. It offers a tremendous flexibility.

Personally, I find having to order every task extremely time consuming. I use stars for my next 2-3 tasks, Next Action for the following 5-10 tasks, and Priority for the tasks I want to keep next in the queue.

So, my day starts with Starred tasks. Since I only have 2-3 of them, I don't need to organize them in any manual order (seriously, if you can't figure an order in which to do 3 tasks in your head, you need a break).

Once I am done with Starred tasks, I star the remaining High Priority tasks, and assign High priorities to the top 2-3 remaining Next Action ones. This only takes a couple minutes. (You can skip star altogether and just use Top priority for "Now" and High for "next" but the star feature makes it easy to use them with Pocket Informant, plus it adds a whole new level of flexibility).

I also make extensive use of saved searches to make sure I don't miss due dates.

This message was edited Nov 30, 2016.
Ummagumma

Posted Nov 22, 2016 in: Pocket Informant vs 2do
The problem with using a separate calendar / task manager is that on really busy days, you tend to forget to look things up. PI and other similar software organizes it in a way that suits your workflow.

This message was edited Nov 22, 2016.
Ummagumma

Posted Nov 17, 2016 in: Focus on a project
A great feature would be the ability to "focus" on a task that has subtasks. I.e. by invoking a "focus" command (e.g. via the dropdown) you only see the master task and it's children. There should be an easy / quick way to return back to the previous screen.

Another great feature would be to have the way to only show tasks with subtasks.
Ummagumma

The thing is, most workplaces use Outlook as an email client. So creating a task from an email in Outlook is a crucial feature.

Forwarding the email as a task to TD has several functionality & workplace policy implications.
Ummagumma

Posted Oct 22, 2016 in: A-la Carte Pricing Model ?
You can easily link to the outside cloud files already - it's just a web link.

But there are instances when you may not want an extra layer of services - e.g.it's far easier to snap a photo and attach it directly to the task than to mess around with sending it to GDrive, getting a link etc.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22      Next