ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Purveyor"
Purveyor

Posted Mar 16, 2012 in: syncronizing with outlook
Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 16, 2012
  • Score: 0
The Toodledo iPhone app does not synchronize with Outlook.
It doesn't sync wirelessly with Outlook.
It doesn't sync via USB with Outlook.

The Toodledo iPhone app syncs with the Toodledo website.
Purveyor

Posted Mar 16, 2012 in: Reporting
  • Purveyor
The icon at the far right in the top menu is a printer. Click it to print the page.

Also, you can use your browser's print function.

You can email yourself the folder using this http://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_email.php and then print the email message.

You can export your tasks as a CSV or XML file and then import them into a spreadsheet program and then use that program to print them.

BTW, as for this:
The construction worker asked me to give him a list (paper) with the tasks (forget it - no e-mail, no computer, no technology).
No technology? Then you can't use a printer, right? ;)

This message was edited Mar 16, 2012.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
Start Dates move with Due Dates on repeating tasks.

Create a sample task with a Start Date and Due Date, set it to repeat monthly, and then mark the task as complete. A new task will be created. Take a look at the dates of the new task.

Also, if you search for "repeat" in Help, you get four topics. Two of them address the issue of repeating tasks with Start Dates:
How do repeating tasks work?
How do I use the start date field?
Purveyor

Posted Mar 15, 2012 in: I guess I'll post my GTD system
Score: -1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 15, 2012
  • Score: -1
Thanks for the detailed response. Your explanations make sense to me.

One point:
Posted by dmcgurk:
Just in my limited experience (a few months) with this setup I found it easiest to assign as much info I can during processing. It probably is over kill but it allows me to change and adapt my system in the future. Hope this makes sense.
It is common to start with everything that is available and then remove those parts that eventually end up being unnecessary. I suggest, though, that you do the opposite: Start with the bare minimum and then add what you need when it becomes really clear that you need the additional components.

For example, for Contexts, try just Home, Office, Errands, and Someday. Add a Start Date on those tasks that actually need a date; and Star those tasks that have a higher priority (or use three levels of priority, with only the top two levels showing up in your daily list.) And eliminate all the other fields. This minimalist approach might seem disorienting at first but the intent is to get things done rather than spend a lot of time rearranging the data.

We all have an intuitive sense of what is important and what is not, what needs to be done now (or can be done now) and what can wait. If we can capture everything that potentially needs to be done, organize those things in lists that can be easily accessed, review the lists regularly, and explicitly identify the next action, then the task is much more likely to get done.

BTW, have you taken a look at Zen to Done, Master Your Now, and Get Everything Done?

This message was edited Mar 15, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Mar 15, 2012 in: Color Coding Folders
  • Purveyor
Posted by goochiegirl1_13156...:
I can't see how it would be useful in this aspect.
Well, if you can't see it, maybe you're not as right-brained as you think you are. ;)

Mindjet's MindManager has task management, with dates and priorities.

The makers of PersonalBrain specifically identify it for tracking tasks and getting things done.

I don't use mind-mapping software to track tasks but it is obvious that some people do.
Purveyor

Posted Mar 15, 2012 in: I guess I'll post my GTD system
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Score: 1
Thanks for posting! :)

A bit complicated, isn't it?
Are you actually using Context, Folder, and Status for all your tasks? (And, sometimes Tags.) Seems that there is quite a bit of overlap, e.g. Folder "Someday/Maybe" and Status "Someday", Context "@Read&Review" and Tag "R/R". Isn't it difficult to update all those fields?

Also, would you please explain your Searches? How do you identify "Weekend" tasks? What missing info, besides context, do you search for in "To Process"? (You know you can have default values for new tasks?) What is in your Hotlist? What is in your Tickler/Future? How do you identify your "Stale Tasks"?

Thanks.
Purveyor

Posted Mar 15, 2012 in: Licensing your product
  • Purveyor
Bob, I suggest you create a Support Ticket here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php

And, I suggest that you edit your post to remove your email address and phone number. Generally not a good idea to have this info displayed in a public forum, although I realize that it is business info and not personal.

This message was edited Mar 15, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Mar 15, 2012 in: Color Coding Folders
  • Purveyor
Posted by goochiegirl1_13156...:
This is ideal for the left-brained user. As a right-brained user, couldn't disagree more. My brain does not work linearly, so those aspects do not help me at all.
Toodledo is linear. Seems like you should be using mind mapping software: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mind_mapping_software
Purveyor

Posted Mar 13, 2012 in: gSyncit Outlook Task Attachment
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 13, 2012
Posted by Kurt:
I have Outlook 2010 on an Exchange server at my work, and I send my Contacts and Calendar to Google and my Tasks to Toodledo so that I can sync everything up to my iPad and iPhone.
Try the iPhone app TaskTask. It syncs nicely with Outlook tasks through Exchange Server.
Purveyor

Posted Mar 13, 2012 in: Ipad timer
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 13, 2012
Purveyor

Posted Mar 09, 2012 in: Chromatic Dragon Toodledo Sync
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 09, 2012
BTW, I have a Mac so I deleted the file after downloading it.
Sorry.
Purveyor

Posted Mar 09, 2012 in: Facebook and Twitter Integration
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 09, 2012
MarTin, you aren't interested in FaceBook and TwitTer integration but you are interested in "proper full" Gmail integration. You use MYN but not RTM. What is your USP? Or course, YMMV.
Purveyor

Posted Mar 07, 2012 in: Backup
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 07, 2012
Never mind.

This message was edited Mar 07, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Mar 06, 2012 in: can tasks be dependant on each other
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 06, 2012
Task dependency is a feature that has been requested several times but it is not currently available.
Purveyor

Posted Mar 06, 2012 in: Reorder control columns
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 06, 2012
In Account Settings, Display Preferences, there's a setting for "Show note icon on the left".

https://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=9

This message was edited Mar 06, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Mar 05, 2012 in: Update to tags + Notebook timestamps
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 05, 2012
It's nice that the more frequently used tags stand out with a bigger font even when the tags are sorted alphabetically.
:)
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 04, 2012
If you don't pay to use Toodledo, your tasks will be deleted six months after you complete them. Non-completed tasks will be kept until you delete them.

If you want to know how Ultimate Todo List handles this, you should contact the developer of that app.
Purveyor

Posted Mar 04, 2012 in: Cannot Send Tasks Via Email
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 04, 2012
And you see the messages in Gmail Sent Mail? Does each email message have a subject?

The only other thing I can suggest is to look at the task list Main, Recently Added.
If your emailed tasks don't show up, but Gmail indicates that they were sent, and you used the correct email address, then I suggest you create a support ticket:
https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php
Purveyor

Posted Mar 03, 2012 in: Cannot Send Tasks Via Email
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 03, 2012
What do you mean by "secret link"?

You need to use the email address identified here:
http://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_email.php

This message was edited Mar 03, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Mar 01, 2012 in: Slim or Sync
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 01, 2012
The main advantage of the iPhone app over the Slim website is that the app provides offline access. You can add, modify and see your tasks even if you don't have internet access.

There is, though, a new mobile version of the Toodledo website that offers offline access: http://m.toodledo.com/

See: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/13800/0/new-mobile-website-with-offline-and-android-support.html

There are still several features missing on the mobile website and there are features missing on the iPhone app. Main ones missing are Saved searches and Sharing.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45      Next