Search results for "Posted by Purveyor"
Purveyor

Posted Jul 01, 2017 in: Pausing Tasks
Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 01, 2017
  • Score: 0
Posted by fizzyice:
When using repeating tasks, I find that postponing/deferring/altering the start or due dates can sometimes affect the future dates of the task when it repeats again, so this formula also avoids the hassle of that.
Good point!
Thanks.
:-)
Purveyor

Posted Jul 01, 2017 in: Pausing Tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 01, 2017
Posted by fizzyice:
the credit goes to the person that originally created ‘sleeper tags’ years ago to act like start dates
Why create something to act like start dates when there already is a Start Date field and there's the ability to filter by that field?
Just don’t modify the tagged tasks whilst hidden and it should work correctly.
If you use Start Date instead of Tags and Date Modified, it will work correctly. What are the advantages of your system that offset the greater complexity and fragility? I guess there's the ability to hide a task for a predefined number of days by adding a Tag. Is that it?

This message was edited Jul 01, 2017.
Purveyor

Posted Jun 24, 2017 in: Recurring Tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 24, 2017
Good idea. This would provide a better way of allocating future time slots, especially if the feature is selectable per task, similar to how we can currently select whether a task repeats from the due date or from the completion date. Even better would be the option to select how far into the future the repeating task is displayed.

FWIW, Google Calendar is not a task manager, although some people use it as such. There's Google Tasks, without the ability to create repeating tasks, and there's Google Reminders. Neither one has the ability to assign priority or the other fields that are available in Toodledo.

This message was edited Jun 25, 2017.
Purveyor

Posted Jun 13, 2017 in: New Task Notes only use 1/2 the screen?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 13, 2017
Hmm ... the Note icon stays on the left no matter what I do with 'Show note icon on the left'. :-(
Purveyor

Posted Jun 12, 2017 in: New Task Notes only use 1/2 the screen?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 12, 2017
With a large screen and a wide browser window, it would be difficult to read Notes if the field was the full width.
(Newspapers and magazines have columns rather than having text across the entire page because it's easier to read a narrow column of text.)
In any case, it would be nice to have a Toodledo setting for the width of Notes.

For the Note icon, take a look here: https://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=9 and unselect "Show note icon on the left".

This message was edited Jun 12, 2017.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 01, 2017
Quote from Jake in 2010: Hiding future tasks according to Start Time
Hiding future tasks currently doesn't take the time into account, but we plan to implement this in a future update.

This message was edited Jun 01, 2017.
Purveyor

Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 23, 2017
  • Score: 1
Account Settings, Syncing Apps: https://www.toodledo.com/active_apps.php
Purveyor

Posted May 17, 2017 in: Change how points are assigned?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 17, 2017
Perhaps these three links will help:
Importance
Hot List
Sorting tasks

This message was edited May 18, 2017.
Purveyor

Posted May 12, 2017 in: New Layout
Score: 4
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 12, 2017
  • Score: 4
Posted by spy:
In the new layout I have to reach for the mouse to choose the folder, date, etc., from a drop-down list.
It's strange that the arrow keys don't do anything in the various fields when entering a new task if the dropdown is not activated. I would expect "Down arrow" to take me to the next field, "Up arrow" to the previous field, and "Right arrow" to open the dropdown.

Also, let's say you tab to the "Folder" field and then type the first letter of one of the Folders (thinking that this will open the dropdown and select that Folder), instead it activates the relevant Keyboard shortcut (if the letter is one of the shortcuts) or it does nothing. The action and the "non-action" are confusing.

This message was edited May 12, 2017.
Purveyor

Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 10, 2017
  • Score: 1
And with Saved Searches, you can have more than one "Completed List" (e.g. last 7 days, last 30 days) and you can specify other fields for a particular Search, e.g. Context, Folder, Tag.
Purveyor

Posted May 10, 2017 in: Amount of Tasks in Free Account?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 10, 2017
Posted by reallivewoman11:
it mentions lists and not tasks.
What is "it"?

According to this post by Jake:
The total number of tasks/notes outlines and lists is the same across all account levels.
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=97

And, according to the link in the quote above, the limit on the total number of tasks is 20,000.

This message was edited May 10, 2017.
Purveyor

Posted May 02, 2017 in: Refreshing a Sort of items in a List
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 02, 2017
Take a look at this: How to Force Refresh in your Internet Browser.

Also, if you have Keyboard Shortcuts enabled in Toodledo, pressing "r" will reload the list.
Purveyor

Posted Apr 29, 2017 in: beta site link to tasks?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 29, 2017
When you login to the main website https://www.toodledo.com, and you click on the exclamation point at the bottom right, you'll get https://tasks.toodledo.com/ which Jake introduced in the topic The New Tasks Section.
Purveyor

Posted Apr 19, 2017 in: Deleted iPhone App
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 19, 2017
Just download it again from the App Store.
After you've purchased an app, you can download it again at no charge. You can even have it on more than one device (e.g. iPhone and iPad), as long as the device is configured with the same Apple ID.

When you delete an app from your iPhone, all the data for that app will be deleted, including the settings, so you'll need to re-enter the account info to synchronize with Toodledo.com.

This message was edited Apr 19, 2017.
Purveyor

Posted Apr 07, 2017 in: Batch Edit in the new version
Score: 2
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 07, 2017
  • Score: 2
In the Batch Edit function in the new version, it's not obvious that the various fields have dropdowns. I'm sure that the arrows were eliminated to make the interface simpler and less cluttered. Still, a bit confusing.

Also, I think that the ON/OFF switch should automatically become "ON" when a field value is changed.

And, there's no longer any warning when deleting tasks. I realize that the tasks can be undeleted in Account Settings but it's one task at a time. In Batch Edit, I often delete several tasks at a time. It seems to me that a warning is still a good idea.

Edited: Did I somehow turn off the warning by disabling popups?

This message was edited Apr 07, 2017.
Purveyor

Posted Mar 23, 2017 in: Uncheck all items in a list
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 23, 2017
@rtobias
The List section has a variety of customizable fields but it lacks two important features that are available in Tasks — Saved Searches and Batch Edit — which provide an easy way of managing your packing list, including an easy way of unchecking items after the trip.

This message was edited Mar 23, 2017.
Purveyor

Posted Feb 03, 2017 in: Creation date of an entry
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 03, 2017
In the Main View, there's a pre-defined list called "Recently Added" which you can sort by "Date Added".
Purveyor

Posted Jan 27, 2017 in: How can I sequence tasks?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2017
DSM,

Perhaps it would be helpful if you provide an example of a single task that is dependent on several other tasks from several other project before it can be done.

This message was edited Jan 27, 2017.
Purveyor

Score: -1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jan 25, 2017
  • Score: -1
n.m.

This message was edited Jan 25, 2017.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Jan 18, 2017
The new Tasks section is noticeably faster. Almost instant when changing within a View, e.g. in Folders.
And, in Saved Searches, the number of tasks is displayed for each Search.
:-)
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45      Next