Purveyor

Posted Jul 17, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 17, 2018
  • Score: 0
Posted by ramonvanmeer:
Posted by wwmalone:
In what country do the owners reside? In what country are the computer files, data etc maintained?
We all live in San Francisco area and everything in the backend will stay the same, Jake use Rackspace for his server and that stay exactly the same.
Good to know ...
Purveyor

Posted Jul 14, 2018 in: Future Plans
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 14, 2018
The new owner is a company called Pink Java Media.
Purveyor

Posted Jul 11, 2018 in: Future Plans
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 11, 2018
Posted by targheauto:
I still frequently make use of a desktop tool called ToDoList by Abstractspoon, that has some features ToodleDo doesn't have.
That's quite a piece of software! It has a lot of features that Toodledo doesn't have, including a Calendar that displays task names, and Gantt charts, Burndown charts and Kanban views, plus several import and export options. Two key features that are missing: Online access and a mobile app. It is complex and highly customizable but it's overkill for most users who want to track tasks and simple projects.

I noticed that one of the Export/Import options is to/from MyLifeOrganized, which has recently released a beta version with Markdown and Google Calendar sync. There's a desktop app for Windows and mobile apps for iOS and Android. You can sync through WiFi and there's Cloud syncing through a paid subscription. No online app, though, and no Mac app.

This message was edited Jul 11, 2018.
Purveyor

Posted Jul 10, 2018 in: Future Plans
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 10, 2018
@GSP1963,

Take a look at Todo by Appigo. Available since the App Store was launched in 2008. It's how I found out about Toodledo. (See iPhone App.)
Still available. Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Last updated Sept 30, 2015.

Current version is Todo Cloud (last updated June 5, 2018). Similar but with more features, and does not sync with Toodledo.

Regardless, I do agree with your basic premise.

Edited:
Sorry, one more example: I have an Office 365 subscription, with Office 2013 on one computer and Office 2016 on another. I originally installed 2016 on both but I had to remove it from one computer because of incompatibility with an older version of Exchange Server, and I was able to download and install the 2013 version.

This message was edited Jul 10, 2018.
Purveyor

Posted Jul 10, 2018 in: Future Plans
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 10, 2018
Perhaps the new owners will change the name from Toodledo to ToodleDo, given that many users think that's the name ...

In any case, I’ll just wait and see what happens. For now, Toodledo does the job for me but, if there are major changes that I don't like, there are plenty of other options.
Purveyor

Posted Jul 09, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 2
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2018
  • Score: 2
Posted by DanH_2:
Is there a particular reason for not including your last names and the names of the companies you have started in the past? I'm inclined to be optimistic, but these omissions seem strange to me.
I agree.

Also, the name of this topic is "Future Plans" (in contrast to "Past" or "Present" plans??) and Jake says "We are about to transition ownership". That's a weird way of saying that Toodledo has been purchased.

There should be an official announcement that follows the standard format. Something like Acquisition announcement or Business Merger & Acquisition Press Release Template.

This message was edited Jul 09, 2018.
Purveyor

Posted Jul 08, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 3
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 08, 2018
  • Score: 3
Hi Sam,

Congratulations to you and your partners in acquiring what I think is the most powerful personal online task manager, thanks to Jake's work in creating a robust, flexible platform.

Posted by Sam:
Don't worry...we don't have any major changes in mind, yet.
I worry when someone tells me not to worry ... ;-)
Over the next few weeks we'll speak 1-on-1 with as many of you as possible before we make any big changes.
I suggest you offer a financial incentive for these 1-on-1 sessions, perhaps a one-year extension of the current subscription. Still very little in relation to the time and effort required but it would be a nice token of appreciation.

Also, will you be providing a summary of your ideas for further development?

This message was edited Jul 08, 2018.
Purveyor

Posted Jun 25, 2018 in: Email address
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 25, 2018
Purveyor

Posted Jun 22, 2018 in: Subsubtasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 22, 2018
Hi Peter.
Here's the idea: Outfit every task with a field called Subtasks, which is a list of zero or more IDs of child tasks. When displaying this field in any view, it renders as a list of the subtask titles, one per line, each of which can be clicked/tapped to replace the current task view with the child task.
This is the same idea that you presented in 2013 as a "half-baked proposal". Has it been out of the oven this entire time? ;-)

In traditional relational databases, each field contains one value per record. How will data be stored in your "Subtasks" field?
Or are you talking about another kind of database?

This message was edited Jun 22, 2018.
Purveyor

Posted Jun 20, 2018 in: sub-tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 20, 2018
Posted by disco2dad:
I want to organize my tasks for my goals into sub-goals and tasks off the sub-goals to have sub-tasks so I can have a daily set of action items in working towards my goals ( hierarchal structure)
Have you tried using the three levels of Goals?

Another alternative is to keep it simple and have just one level of tasks but two lists: Big picture tasks and specific tasks that contribute to the big picture..

This message was edited Jun 20, 2018.
Purveyor

Posted May 29, 2018 in: Missing attachment on iPhone App
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 29, 2018
Questions about how to use Toodledo should be in the Questions forum.

The first requests for viewing attachments in the iPhone app were in 2008: Viewing files on the iPhone.

Here's the answer to a more recent request: Image attachments iPhone app:
You can attach files when using Toodledo from your iOS browser. Implementing this in the iOS app is planned for the future, but we don't have an ETA, sorry.

This message was edited May 29, 2018.
Purveyor

Posted May 22, 2018 in: Suggestion: Contingent tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 22, 2018
Take a look at this topic: Making one task dependent on another.

In Linking Tasks by tasks that proceed another one, Jake says this:
We know that people really want task dependency so that tasks are automatically hidden if they are dependent on another task, and we do plan to build this. For me, it is much faster and more efficient to manage this manually with a weekly review that it would be to record all the complex inter-relationships between all my tasks.

This message was edited May 22, 2018.
Purveyor

Posted May 04, 2018 in: Saving custom views
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 04, 2018
Posted by Brian Matlock_1343862228:
I'm just adding my voice that I'd really like to be able to save views (specific sorting criteria at the minimum, different column arrangements if possible).
You can sort each view differently but you can't arrange the columns.
Purveyor

Posted Apr 20, 2018 in: Hotlist and defining criteria
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 20, 2018
There's a Help topic: What is the hotlist?:
You can control what makes it into your hotlist by editing your account settings. You can pick a priority, status, star and a due-date leadtime. Any task with a priority greater than the priority that you have chosen will appear on your hotlist. Any task with a due-date within the leadtime that you selected will appear in your hotlist. If you have selected the star or status options, then those tasks will appear as well.

There is an exception to the above rule. Tasks with a future start-date will be hidden from the hotlist regardless of their priority, due-date, status or star.

This message was edited Apr 20, 2018.
Purveyor

Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 13, 2018
  • Score: 1
Posted by jcooperman_2:
How do I do an AND rule along with an OR rule?
The "OR" option becomes available when you click on the "+" sign to the right of an existing search field.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 13, 2018
Jake, in your suggestion, "due date exists" is redundant. Due Date can't be before today unless Due Date exists.

Also, instead of having "Due Date is Today OR Due Date is before Today", you can use "Due Date is before Tomorrow",

The filter then becomes:
Starred = Yes
OR
Due Date is before Tomorrow

This message was edited Apr 13, 2018.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 29, 2018
Actually, you can choose to Hide Task Details.
Purveyor

Posted Mar 20, 2018 in: Remove the exclamation mark pls!
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 20, 2018
  • Score: 1
What do you prefer about the old version?
I think it's strange that the old version is still available.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 20, 2018
A better link: https://xkcd.com/1172/
You get to view the mouseover, and there's a more obvious connection with https://xkcd.com.

BTW, it's funny and appropriate. :-D

This message was edited Mar 20, 2018.
Purveyor

Posted Mar 19, 2018 in: Rolling dates on uncompleted tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 19, 2018
Take a look at Date modifiers, specifically, "Optionally on":
You can also designate a task as optional (abbreviated with a "?"). This acts like "=", but if the date passes and you have not completed the task, the task will be automatically removed, or moved forward if it is a repeating task.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45      Next