Search results for "Posted by Purveyor"
Purveyor

Posted Feb 14, 2013 in: Toodledo for iOS downgraded
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 14, 2013
  • Score: 1
Posted by corlebar:
The only really useful extra to add that can be found in apigos todo app is a batch change option - to batch change dates, folders etc.
Do you mean:
1. "the only really useful extra" in Appigo's Todo
or
2. "the only really useful extra" that you think is missing in Toodledo?

If you mean #1, I'm wondering why you're singling out that particular app.

If you mean #2, then I suggest that "really useful" features are those that are already available on the website but not in the iOS app, e.g. Saved Searches and separate Sort Orders for each View, along with Collaboration and Nested Subtasks.
Purveyor

Posted Feb 13, 2013 in: Search on Mobile Apps
Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 13, 2013
  • Score: 0
There's a Help topic for that: How do I search for a task or note on iOS?.
Purveyor

Posted Feb 09, 2013 in: task without a folder made private
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2013
Or, you can go to the Collaboration page, under the Tools menu ...
Purveyor

Posted Feb 08, 2013 in: Competitors
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 08, 2013
Yes.

See: How to use access Toodledo via email.

(I just noticed that the title of the Toodledo topic is poorly worded.)

This message was edited Feb 08, 2013.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2013
Posted by djones_1348386278:
Did I miss a way to search for these?
Yes.

See Explanation of Search and Multi-Edit.

You can create a Search that shows all completed tasks by specifying Checked off = Yes.

(Actually, I just realized that this function should be changed to "Completed = Yes".)

Anyway, it will do what you want.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 04, 2013
Are you using the "official" Toodledo app or are you using something else?

It seems that you are using one of the 3rd party apps. If that's the case, you would need to contact the developer of the app.

As far as I know, there's no bug in the Toodledo app that causes the Start Time to be deleted.
Purveyor

Posted Jan 31, 2013 in: Toodledo for iOS downgraded
Score: -1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jan 31, 2013
  • Score: -1
Posted by mco:
As Steve Job famously observed, users don't know what they want. Focus groups don't focus. I would rather have one talented person steering than a self-appointed committee.
Perhaps Steve Jobs was a one-in-a-billion genius who knew more than anyone else what people wanted, but Jake is not Steve Jobs. (And Toodledo is definitely not Apple.)
Also, I said nothing about focus groups or self-appointed committees.

If you actually believe that "users don't know what they want", then you create a contradiction whenever you, as a user, express your opinion. For example, here's something that you said about a particular feature of Version 3.0:
It's not great and it's not good design.
From iOS app update: Version 3.0

Who are you to decide what's great and what is good design? Why are you even expressing your opinion? Why don't you just leave things to "one talented person"? Because you think that your opinion means something, and I agree.

In any case, my previous post was not so much about Jake listening to what users want (although that's obviously part of the message) as it is about Jake being more open about what he is doing. Specifically, he should be giving us a clue about what is happening with the next release of the iOS app. If, though, he continues to insist on being secretive (because he doesn't want to be "under pressure"), then he increases the risk of another "disaster" (his word not mine) and then he'll really be under pressure.

This message was edited Jan 31, 2013.
Purveyor

Posted Jan 30, 2013 in: Toodledo for iOS downgraded
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jan 30, 2013
It seems to me that you don't fully understand what it was that "almost killed" you.

Who is doing the "extra testing"? Besides you and your team, how many users are involved in testing and providing feedback to you? It would be a good idea if you told us.

What is causing the delay? Two months ago you posted the release notes for the next version but you didn't release it and, since then, you've kept us in the dark about the next version. It would be a good idea if you told us what's happening.

Two weeks ago, you said:
We are currently in the final testing phase. We want to get it right this time, since last time was such a disaster.
Your unwillingness to be open about your plans is one of the reasons for the "disaster". Another reason is the lack of clarity in aligning your priorities with those of many of your users. It would be a good idea if you told us what your priorities are.

On November 17, 2011, you said this:
I am sorry, but we are not going to share our roadmap other than to say that things are on the list. Its not about competitors. The main reason why we keep our roadmap secret is to give us the freedom/flexibility to work on what we want/need to work on without external expectations.

If we started giving estimated delivery dates for features, two things would happen. 1) People would get upset when we didn't make the delivery date. This puts undo pressure on us and I don't want to work under time pressure. 2) People would get upset if they disagreed with what we were spending our time on. I would rather not work this way.
From: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/6415/-63522/project-handling-display-parent-name-in-sub-task.html

Is this still your viewpoint? It's clear that many people are upset and you are under pressure. All businesses are subject to external expectations and time pressure, and it seems naive to say that people won't disagree with you if you withhold information from them.

Perhaps it's time to be more open.

This message was edited Jan 30, 2013.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Jan 29, 2013
Schedule four tasks, one for each day. You can use the Clone function and then edit the date.
Or, you can schedule a repeating task and then remember to delete the task after completing the last instance. Deleting one instance of a repeating task does not affect previously completed instances of that task.
Or, you can schedule an additional task to remind you to delete the last instance of the repeating task.

Toodledo does not allow you to specify the number of times that a task will be repeated.

This message was edited Jan 29, 2013.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2013
Posted by Jake:
It isn't possible for a to-do list to have every future version of a task because the list would then have infinity tasks on it.
There's a big difference between infinity and a few years in the future. Actually, an infinite difference. :)

If it's not possible, how does a calendar handle it? It's a matter of creating a reasonable interval in the future. I have some repeating annual and monthly appointments in Google Calendar that I can view up until the year 2030.

For tasks, it seems to me that a year or so would be enough, but there would need to be a setting that allows the user to specify whether a particular repeating task shows up for all future instances or only for the next instance.

This message was edited Jan 28, 2013.
Purveyor

Posted Jan 14, 2013 in: Why I cannot create sub-subtask????
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2013
There are several task managers that allow unlimited levels of subtasks. For example:

Web-based: Google Tasks
Windows: MyLifeOrganized
OS X: Omnifocus
iOS and Android: Todoist
Purveyor

Posted Jan 12, 2013 in: Can I email tasks to Toodledo?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2013
Yes.
Take a look at this Help topic:
https://www.toodledo.com/info/help_email.php
Purveyor

Posted Jan 11, 2013 in: Search drop downs
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jan 11, 2013
Using "OR" involves "splitting" a rule into two sub-rules.

To see how this is done, take a look at the "Search" section in the Explanation of Search and Multi-Edit.
Purveyor

Posted Jan 03, 2013 in: Bug: Saved Search behaving incorrectly
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2013
FWIW, you can use "is before Tomorrow" instead of "was in the last 9999 days".
Purveyor

Posted Dec 26, 2012 in: Toodledo for iOS downgraded
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 26, 2012
You can try the instructions in JPR's post here:
iOS app update version 3.0
(Scroll down the page to the highlighted post.)

If you have a Mac, you can try my instructions here:
Upon update of Toodledo app
Of course, you would be restoring version 3.0 rather than 2.4.2.
Purveyor

Posted Dec 22, 2012 in: number of tasks in folder view
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 22, 2012
Go to Settings, Tasks, Show List Counts, and select "Show the number of tasks inside each list"
https://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=14
Purveyor

Posted Dec 18, 2012 in: Toodledo Intro videos
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 18, 2012
Are these videos posted somewhere on the Toodledo website, besides in this forum?
Purveyor

Posted Dec 17, 2012 in: Include date added in tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 17, 2012
Purveyor

Posted Dec 12, 2012 in: Solution to the layout redesign problem
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 12, 2012
Purveyor

Posted Dec 12, 2012 in: Toodledo for iOS downgraded
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 12, 2012
Posted by aether:
Please provide two forks of Toodledo as separate apps available in the App Store.
There's still the issue of what to do with features that have been requested for years, e.g. Saved Searches, nested subtasks, full collaboration, and file attachments. Jake said:
These four features are at the top of the list and as soon as we get the bugs worked out we will release them to you.
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/16121/-76747/read.html

In which version should these features be implemented?
Seems to me that the next version should combine the best of both previous versions and then the new features can start to be implemented.

This message was edited Dec 12, 2012.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45      Next